Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

You will go on ze list, how very Labour

I noticed a very woke FB page two days ago urging young people to register to vote (this seems to fit in with the overheard conversation of Momentum employees on a train in Country Squire magazine I read elsewhere on Arrse).
Loved their caveat,
'Don't let middle aged, middle class white men make decisions for you'.

I foolishly ventured that I'd take my chances after the comedic statements of Fourbellies and Abbott. Cue grilling.

Must NOT get drawn into FB!

Yeah, because the young are renowned for their worldliness and sagacity. You wouldn’t want someone with half a clue making all the hard decisions would you?
Turn over all your cares and concerns to redshift.

Yeah, because the young are renowned for their worldliness and sagacity. You wouldn’t want someone with half a clue making all the hard decisions would you?
Kinder, gentler politics etc., create an 'us and them' (the fact it's a small business and staff fit that description!) 'cos we all know what a Tory looks like yeah?
The paradox probably being that every other major Party have, or had, female leaders and that the average age of Labour is I believe, rather older.

Still - they're the ones noticeably appealing to the 18yo cohort - get 'em young.

Night school tended to be for grown-ups, such as SWMBO's father, who qualified as an engineer whilst in full-time employment.
My father also, 3 kids as well. Eventually became the chief engineer for an envelope manufacturing factory (Wiggins Teape). Tough going, similar in many respects to doing Open University as a grown up.

Excellent meme!
Well worth life without possibility of parole in the post-election workers paradise.

(Actually my IP address currently has me in Austria, so prove it was me you dull knobs).

Still - they're the ones noticeably appealing to the 18yo cohort - get 'em young.
Is there a MILF party? I have read about this on the internet and it sounds fun.

Sadly I remain addicted to Twitter.

I did see this on it which made me laugh.

View attachment 416293
But Corbyn didn’t study diligently did he? AFAIK he failed to finish his diploma course at some fish & chip polytechnic because he fell out with his tutors. I’m not sure he followed that stellar effort by ‘working hard’ either: Has the would-be leader of the Workers’ Paradise ever had something as bourgeoise as a job?

Last edited:

rifleair

War Hero
What should happen is every time he says that to a reporter or other politician then the response should be "On your recent actions I don't believe you. What can you do to change my mind"
I love that question, but somehow don't think it will ever be asked!

Last edited:
I knew a couple of old blokes in Coventry about 30 years ago who had done engineering apprenticeships with Lucas. The procedure was to have a big ceremony, hand the lad his certificate and then his P45, with the words "come back to us in ten years". No-one left the ceremony unemployed though as there was a queue of employers waiting for them.

I was told that eventually Lucas might get back a quarter of its apprentices as experienced engineers, and that made the apprenticeship scheme financially viable for them.
My lad was an apprentice joiner in 1990 with Wiltshire in Darlington. During the 3 years it took he was fully supported by the company with day release and an allowance for the purchase of decent tools. Come the final year when he qualified and was due to start earning a full wage they laid him off. Common practice in the building industry at the time as for 3 years they had cheap labour. He went straight into employment with a company doing shop fitting.
I think Wiltshire operated the same scheme for the same reason, let the lads get their experience somewhere else.

(After 5 years he chinned the trade off and became a full time tattooist although as of last November he took a job with his wife's father's company which manufactures kitchen and bathroom cabinets.)

Yes, not as much fun as you think, even though it’s in the Philippines.
Hey dude, this is me.

If it comes with mint tea, smiting the Kuffar and classical Arabic- i'm down with that.

I get the feeling their Int officer didn't do thorough checks.

Brother Abdul- why do the kuffar laugh when we broadcast their righteous doom?
Brother Himaar - Not sure, o Emir. Their minds are broken by free mixing and stringed instruments?

Least successful name since the Coalition for the Liberation of Itinerant Tree-Dwellers

But Corbyn didn’t study diligently did he? AFAIK he failed to finish his diploma course at some fish & chip polytechnic because he fell out with his tutors. I’m not sure he followed that stellar effort by ‘working hard’ either- has the would-be leader of the Workers’ Paradise ever had something as bourgeoise as a job?
Your name will go on the list for doubting The Jez.

Confirming what we already knew it's Labour vs the people

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I was looking in two direction at the time and I think they mentioned that the average wage had also risen.
Nothing to do with all those cheap-to-emoloy EU citizens no longer being in the workforce though. Oh no. ;-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 59
Oddbod Old & Bold 2
Le_addeur_noir The Intelligence Cell 83

Latest Threads