Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Slime

LE
The roads in my local area are often very bad to drive on, and many cars suffer damage to wheels, tyres or suspension.

The problem are the masses of dips in the road, but the vast majority of the dips aren't pot holes (pot holes being around 15% of the dips).

The dips in the road which are often several inches deep are drain covers and utility covers that have been left at their original height but the road surface has been re laid multiple times without scraping the existing surface.
In this way the council make the dips in the road deeper and deeper every few years!

Gas, and your right, shillings for the meter. The coal was for the heating and hot water in the evening and the candles were for the frequent power cuts. Getting dressed in the winter in front of the gas oven as there was no heating till mum cleaned the fire in the evening. and don't forget the bath once a week, third in line fortunately after my sisters.
When I was young my Auntie Evelin had a black lead open range in her front room (living room) and gas lighting.
Heating, hot water, cooking and baking all in one.
It dried the washing on the ceiling clothes pulley above and the oven shelves, wrapped in cloths, heated the beds.
Baking day was Tuesday I always tried to get up there after school.
She brought up six girls.

Wrong brand of mobile or trainers, child poverty WTF?

I loved that Lady.
In later years I would get back home early in the morning, from courting the ever young Mrs B&B,
to find an empty bottle of gin and a small one of lime juice (she did not go anywhere without them} and two very tipsy Ladies, my Mum and Auntie Evelin.
"Evie was going to get a taxi, I told her to wait, you'd to take her home" said my Mum.
And I did, every time.

edit for without ans early

Last edited:
What do they taste like?

Chicken?
I do not know what they taste like but come and visit and you can try one.
No charge, as long as you finish it all up like a good little boy, that you seem to be.

Thanks for your kind offer; if it's alright with you, I'll send my man round and he can report back.
I laugh but for some reason I just assumed you would have a man to do for you.
Do what?
I care not.

I am sure there are reasons for that but not on this thread.

offog

LE
I'm not Labour. I have never been a member of any political party and I have NEVER voted for the same party in two consecutive General Elections. In fact the only party I have never voted for is Labour, because once I was entitled to vote it was TCB's second term elections... Labour haven't been fit to receive my vote since I turned 18.
Sorry you misunderstood, what I meant was that while we both have different councils those councils allocate their resources in a better way than others and the colour does not seem to matter, just the ability of the spent wisely and focus that spending on what the people want.

It would seem that Dear Leader's grand plan to muddle the Parliamentary process and promote himself as Great Helmsman for Life will be stillborn:

"If he wins a no-confidence vote, the Labour leader plans to form an emergency government and then delay Brexit to avoid a no-deal scenario.

But in a new letter, Ms Swinson said Mr Corbyn's insistence on being interim leader meant there was a danger not enough MPs would support the vote.

Labour did not respond to the letter. . . "

It would seem that Dear Leader's grand plan to muddle the Parliamentary process and promote himself as Great Helmsman for Life will be stillborn:

"If he wins a no-confidence vote, the Labour leader plans to form an emergency government and then delay Brexit to avoid a no-deal scenario.

But in a new letter, Ms Swinson said Mr Corbyn's insistence on being interim leader meant there was a danger not enough MPs would support the vote.

Labour did not respond to the letter. . . "
Maybe that's the point. Corbyn is anti-EU. He wants a Brexit. He needs a Brexit. Firstly Britain out of the EU leaves a path open to implement his dream Marxist state without the EU putting a halt to it. Secondly Brexit, especially a screwed up no-deal Brexit is seriously going to damage the UK and improve the prospects of the Communist Party now masquerading as Labour to to get into power.

He can now virtue signal that he wanted to stop Brexit but was prevented from doing so and thus keep the Labour Remainers on side for an election after Brexit. Once in power, as with any Communist Party, they will do their utmost to stay there.

Maybe that's the point. Corbyn is anti-EU. He wants a Brexit. He needs a Brexit. Firstly Britain out of the EU leaves a path open to implement his dream Marxist state without the EU putting a halt to it. Secondly Brexit, especially a screwed up no-deal Brexit is seriously going to damage the UK and improve the prospects of the Communist Party now masquerading as Labour to to get into power.

He can now virtue signal that he wanted to stop Brexit but was prevented from doing so and thus keep the Labour Remainers on side for an election after Brexit. Once in power, as with any Communist Party, they will do their utmost to stay there.
Corbyn (yet again) is trying to be all things to all men/women/undecided/those that identify as a toaster: where he does try to unite the disparate groups of his party is by automatically gainsaying anything that is trotted out by No 10.

IMV, where he is doomed to fail is in not only trying to carry the other parties forward in this rather muddled scheme but in firing up the general populace into believing that his palace coup is A Good Thing.

Outside of his bubble, he doesn't have that support. And he knows it.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Corbyn (yet again) is trying to be all things to all men/women/undecided/those that identify as a toaster: where he does try to unite the disparate groups of his party is by automatically gainsaying anything that is trotted out by No 10.

IMV, where he is doomed to fail is in not only trying to carry the other parties forward in this rather muddled scheme but in firing up the general populace into believing that his palace coup is A Good Thing.

Outside of his bubble, he doesn't have that support. And he knows it.
Why does he keep bleating for a GE then? (And fwiw I agree - outside of his far left echo chamber I don't think - and I fervently hope - he doesn't have the support).

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why does he keep bleating for a GE then? (And fwiw I agree - outside of his far left echo chamber I don't think - and I fervently hope - he doesn't have the support).
Noise for noise sake, and it looks like he's doing something, instead of actually doing something instead.

Pretty much what @Helm said.

Plus (and this very much a personal opinion) he has been wilfully advised and manoeuvred into being set up to fail. His ego has been feed and nurtured though I believe that, deep down, he lacks the personal ambition to hold high office as First Lord of The Treasury.

His 'career' has been spent as an inveterate mischief maker, equally against his own party as against the Tories and LibDems. He has nothing in his armoury to fill the spot of 'Cometh the hour, cometh the man'.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 59
Oddbod Old & Bold 2
Le_addeur_noir The Intelligence Cell 83

Latest Threads