Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

That article is even more damning than the Panorama documentary Matthews' summary cuts to the heart of the matter:
Mr Matthews says he felt “let down” and was angry at the large number of Labour MPs who had failed to speak out on antisemitism despite knowing exactly what had gone on in the party.

“There are so many who have remained silent on what is a defining issue for the party. And yet with this Panorama you have got junior staff members in their 20s willing to speak out and potentially put their careers at risk because they are so angry over what has taken place.”

The cowardice of the rank and file Labour MPs (even more so many of the senior ones) in sitting back and letting this happen is in my opinion unforgiveable. He's also sunk the official Labour "whataboutery" smokescreen which has been trailed out over the last few weeks:

He has also been angered by claims that the BBC has prioritised an investigation while ignoring allegations of Islamophobia in the Tory Party.

“Of course both issues should be called out in the same vociferous way,” he says. “The difference between the two though – and I say this before we know who the next Tory leader is – is that I don’t believe Theresa May is an Islamophobe with an army of Islamophobic advisers around here.

“I do think the Labour Party is led by an antisemite though. This is a leadership issue. I do think Jeremy Corbyn is turning blind eye to antisemitism. That is why this is a bigger issue."

To think that the Labour Party is the only viable alternative to an at-present incompetent and deeply unpopular Tory Government chills the blood.

I actually had my sarcastic head on,we know that refugees etc will get better treatment here than other countries.
What gets my goat is the way lefty liberals whinge on about Britain's 'hostile environment'.
Theresa May was two years into her job as home secretary when she told the Telegraph in 2012 her aim “was to create here in Britain a really hostile environment for illegal migration”.

I actually had my sarcastic head on,we know that refugees etc will get better treatment here than other countries.
What gets my goat is the way lefty liberals whinge on about Britain's 'hostile environment'.
Exactly. I did get your point and was confirming it.

Theresa May was two years into her job as home secretary when she told the Telegraph in 2012 her aim “was to create here in Britain a really hostile environment for illegal migration”.
The word "hostile" does not come to mind when thinking of Theresa May.

Politics Live showed a message from Diane Abbot supporting Jenny Formby.
Jo thought there was something slightly Orwellian in the Deputy Leader being segregated from material he probably ought to have access to. Sorry I don't recall the original quote.

Condottiere said:

In addition, there is one genuine grievance that is pushing young undecided voters towards Labour and that is housing. Labour is exploiting this as being the fault of greedy capitalism pushing house prices up so that landlords can charge higher rents. It isn't. It is purely supply and demand caused by the inabiity to obtain planning permits for construction companies to build more new homes and to create homes from old offices and industrial units. But it is often Labour which is at the forefront of planning restrictions (as well as NIMBY's)

It's also down to Labour destroying private pensions so that pension savings moved into property instead. That combined with an artificially low interest rate and the banks loosening the requirements for a mortgage from 3 times salary to silly multiples, meaning that there was more money chasing the available housing stock.
And lets not forget immigration, which is probably the biggest single factor. For the last few decades, especially after Blairs covert encouragement, it is estimated that between 300,000 to 600,000 plus, incomers have been arriving in the UK EACH YEAR so possibly an additional 12 million have rocked up here, all needing housing, NHS, etc. etc. That of course is only the official figures, illegals could account for many, many more. This would involve the building of 12 cities the size of Birmingham over the last 20 years or so!
How many illegal immigrants are in the UK?
snip " Here's what we know. The Office for National Statistics puts the estimated net legal migration to the UK for the year ending June 2016 at 650,000."
The govt. produced an estimate of illegals here. For 2001, they predicted the number at 430,000. In 2007, the London School of Economics produced a report estimating the number of ‘irregular’ migrants at 533,000.
Other estimates put the figures into the millions!

Spot on. I've said this often: Labour (the current Labour) hate being British and everything about being British.

There used to be a meme about migrants wanting to escape some barbaric, religiously fanatic, shithole country and then come to the UK for freedom, but then import all those ideals they had supposedly run from. Labour want to do it in reverse. They want to be one of those shithole country's.
Revisionism.

All of those countries that were once part of the Empire were far better run and more noble places until we turned up, subjugated and savaged them. We should now pay endlessly for those acts.

We left many of those countries decades ago, having heeded the desire for self-determination. However, many of those same countries, far from returning to their previous noble states, have since disintegrated as a result of incompetence, corruption and criminality. This is still somehow our fault and we have to pay for that, too.

No, I don't get it either.

Condottiere said:

In addition, there is one genuine grievance that is pushing young undecided voters towards Labour and that is housing. Labour is exploiting this as being the fault of greedy capitalism pushing house prices up so that landlords can charge higher rents. It isn't. It is purely supply and demand caused by the inabiity to obtain planning permits for construction companies to build more new homes and to create homes from old offices and industrial units. But it is often Labour which is at the forefront of planning restrictions (as well as NIMBY's)

And lets not forget immigration, which is probably the biggest single factor. For the last few decades, especially after Blairs covert encouragement, it is estimated that between 300,000 to 600,000 plus, incomers have been arriving in the UK EACH YEAR so possibly an additional 12 million have rocked up here, all needing housing, NHS, etc. etc. That of course is only the official figures, illegals could account for many, many more. This would involve the building of 12 cities the size of Birmingham over the last 20 years or so!
snip " Here's what we know. The Office for National Statistics puts the estimated net legal migration to the UK for the year ending June 2016 at 650,000."
The govt. produced an estimate of illegals here. For 2001, they predicted the number at 430,000. In 2007, the London School of Economics produced a report estimating the number of ‘irregular’ migrants at 533,000.
Post #38,433.

As noted, you couldn't have put together a more poisonous mix of elements.

At the point About came to power, a three-bedroom semi in the street I was living in at the time was about £80-90,000. You'd be lucky to get much change from £400,000 now.

Unforgivable what was done; more so to refuse culpability.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Condottiere said:

Your name is going on ze List! Vat ist your name?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Post #38,433.

As noted, you couldn't have put together a more poisonous mix of elements.

At the point About came to power, a three-bedroom semi in the street I was living in at the time was about £80-90,000. You'd be lucky to get much change from £400,000 now.

Unforgivable what was done; more so to refuse culpability.
The 'Like' is not for the subject matter of your post but for posting as you did. The governments of the past 3 - 4 decades have a lot to answer for.

It is worth noting how well the country is doing without any or very little government during this Brexit Hoo-Ha.