Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Something is rotten in the state of Labour
Thornberry may face reshuffle after Labour split over new EU vote | Emily Thornberry | The Guardian

And this from a Labour supporting paper. I am wondering though if the Guardian are supporting Corbyn (Momentum) or Thornberry and 'old' Labour putting pressure on to see if there is a reaction!
Christ, there's talk of making Abbot the Foreign Secretary?

Are we really heading to a point where that fat usless cow will be the Country's representative?

Are we really heading to a point where that fat usless cow will be the Country's representative?
America will get to laugh at us, and imagine the embarrassement if they fly a Dianne Abbott blimp on state visits over the pond

America will get to laugh at us, and imagine the embarrassement if they fly a Dianne Abbott blimp on state visits over the pond
I doubt the current inhabitant of the White House would have any time for them so it's something of a moot point.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

One way ticket on her first overseas trip?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Going down like a Dianne Abbott could be a sight that rather triggers people
Would anyone be brave enough to stick a pin (or other sharp object) into that blimp?

You went all the way back to 2011 to find "the smoking gun"? All you did, as ever, is to quote out of context. The original post was in response to this news piece:

West angered by Israel expansion

....and the later comment:

"So you going to tell the USA to hand back Texas to the Mexicans, tell Russia to hand back parts of Finland, China to hand back Tibet. It has happened throughout time, why we should worry ...........".

To which I replied:

"It goes the hypocrisy of the whole ****ing herd of 'em. I tend to agree in principle............what's lost is lost......unless of course it's been looted from the Jews (per WWII).......in which case it's rightfully theirs and MUST be returned. ****ing hypocrites, the lot of them. God's chosen people my arse."

The comment talks to the sheer hypocrisy of Israeli Government policy to refuse to return occupied territory (including property) acquired in war, while at the same time demanding the return of property to those Jewish individuals from whom it was forcefully acquired during war. A more egregious example of race based hypocrisy would be difficult to find.

Your mindset appears to be:

There you go Jeremy . Hundreds of words to justify and at the same time deny in your own mind your blatant Antisemitism

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

They have a little thing like winning a GE first though. She will need to take a translator with her - not for the local lingo but to translate her utterings into English!

Not a fan of bagels, though the salt beef and mustard filling on brick lane make up for the nothingy nature of the bagel. A good butty is proper Beres roast pork sarnie with crackling and apple sauce but you can't get em outside sheffo sadly.

Labour are institutionally anti semitic. We both know that. Sharmi certainly does as she got a seat in the Lords to pretend they aren't.[/QUOTE
Beres

There can’t be.
In a TV interview last week, Lt Col (Walt) Lady Nugee (nee Thornberry) LLB (Cantuar - Poly) announced “When I’m Foreign Secretary” ...

The Labour Party have commissioned a report titled “Land for the Many” that proposes changes in the way land in the UK is used and governed.

Some highlights relevant to landlords:

Tenancies should be open-ended, and landlords should lose their power to evict a tenant who has not broken the terms of the tenancy agreement for the first three years of the tenancy agreement, and should have to provide grounds for eviction after that point.

Cap on annual permissible rent increases, at no more than the rate of wage inflation or consumer price inflation (whichever is lower)

Replace the council tax with a progressive property tax. This should be payable by owners, not tenants.

Stamp Duty Land Tax should be phased out for those buying homes to live in themselves, and capital gains tax for second homes and investment properties should be increased

Buy to Let mortgages should be more firmly regulated and restricted.

Discourage land and housing from being treated as financial assets by encouraging banks to redirect lending into productive sectors, and encourage a more efficient use of the existing housing stock.

It looks ok to me. I'd be happy with scrapping SDLT - which is basically a tax on moving house for many people.
Ref the above, somebody in a subsequent post mentioned the ‘Landlord and Tenant Act 1987’.
The Inquiry and Report that led to this legislation was chaired by one Edward Nugee QC: late Father-in-Law of the much loved and admired Lady Nugee, aka E. Thornberry.
Her husband, following very closely in his father’s footsteps, is also in Chancery (indeed, I think he was still a student when his Dad was conducting the inquiry) and I would hazard a guess conversation over the Nugee breakfast table anent this subject could have been quite interesting.

It's all gone a bit SWP...

Labour plunged into sexual harassment row after top aide allegedly played down allegations

Jeremy Corbyn’s chief of staff has come under fire after leaked emails appear to show her refusing to launch a formal probe into senior activist Pete Willsman following complaints from a young female staffer.

Mr Willsman, a close personal friend of Mr Corbyn and member of the party’s ruling executive committee, was suspended from the party last month after he was recorded saying the Israeli embassy had “whipped up” the anti-semitism scandal which has engulfed the party.