Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I see Chuka Umunna everywhere, admits haunted Corbyn

“Sometimes when I address a rally every other face is Umunna, mocking me, taunting me. Which is ridiculous because my rallies are 95 percent white. "
Was about to post this myself, you know Corbyn is losing his following when the Daily Mash is mocking him. Two years ago they wouldn't have said a peep about him! I know it's a satirical site but most of their political material is normally aimed squarely at Tories or Brexiteers.

All you lot are ****ed when the Great Helmsman gets in.

He's been reaching out to all colleagues.

(Which is true, he just doesn't talk to splitters. People's Front of Judea. Scum).

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
what a shame he can't yet bring the internet to heel and its pesky habit of not forgetting anything -

Jeremy Corbyn: the EU must be defeated | Coffee House

'...a video emerged of him claiming that the European Union was creating a ‘military Frankenstein’. It now seems as if that criticism of EU wasn’t a one off. Here is Corbyn making a speech at a rally in 2010 in which he says the EU must be ‘defeated’...'

(Which is true, he just doesn't talk to splitters. People's Front of Judea. Scum).

And the EU thought ‘ooh look a useful idiot. Let’s have some fun’. I wonder if every answer he got was ‘No’ and the only constructive alternative he was given was a second referendum.

what a shame he can't yet bring the internet to heel and its pesky habit of not forgetting anything -

'...a video emerged of him claiming that the European Union was creating a ‘military Frankenstein’. It now seems as if that criticism of EU wasn’t a one off. Here is Corbyn making a speech at a rally in 2010 in which he says the EU must be ‘defeated’...'
Surprised he hasn't used the EU's right to not look like an idiot to be forgotten laws to make google hide that kind of embarrassment

The Net is wonderful, which is why all politicians hate it.

Reminds me of this "I've always wanted to see the frontier before it's gone".

Mind you, the senior reminds me of a few old bosses too (the lunacy, not trouser wetting mess webley antics).

So the EU are talking to the monkey rather than the organ grinder now then, and who does he think he is doing an end run round the UK government?

So the EU are talking to the monkey rather than the organ grinder now then, and who does he think he is doing an end run round the UK government?
The thing is, he can think he is HMG as much as he likes.

The EU only care about who can deliver them what they want in negotiation, which is the PM as the head of HMG. No one else can sign anything or promise anything with authority.

And even if there was an general election and he walked in, there's a deal there that already took two years. Are they going to vary that 'cos he's a great bloke who turned up with some stuff off his allotment?

They'll send him back and say get the deal through Parliament and we'll chat Comrade.

The thing is, he can think he is HMG as much as he likes.

The EU only care about who can deliver them what they want in negotiation, which is the PM as the head of HMG. No one else can sign anything or promise anything with authority.

And even if there was an general election and he walked in, there's a deal there that already took two years. Are they going to vary that 'cos he's a great bloke who turned up with some stuff off his allotment?

They'll send him back and say get the deal through Parliament and we'll chat Comrade.
It amazes me that some MPs think that because they are not HMG they could negotiate a better deal than the one the EU want. They really do live in a dream world.

It amazes me that some MPs think that because they are not HMG they could negotiate a better deal than the one the EU want. They really do live in a dream world.
It's all part of a culture of overpromoting the inadequate and letting everyone believe that if they want something enough, they will get it, regardless of merit, talent or ability.

I suppose he tried with the IRA and HAMAS....

He doesn't want the UK in the EU in any way, shape or form.

There are any number of policies that he and McDonnell would like to bring in should they get to power, that the EU will tell him to reverse.

He doesn't want the UK in the EU in any way, shape or form.

There are any number of policies that he and McDonnell would like to bring in should they get to power, that the EU will tell him to reverse.
I wouldn't be so sure. The EU will want to punish Britain and would use Corbyn as their tool [and I use that word advisedly}

He’s the man who looks in the mirror every morning and doesn’t see an anti-Semitic anti-British Jew hater. Ignorance is bliss.
Foc
xx

The egg man has got 28 days.

Brexiteer jailed for egging Corbyn

A Brexit supporter who egged Jeremy Corbyn while yelling: "Respect the vote," has been jailed for 28 days.

John Murphy, 31, admitted attacking the Labour leader with an egg following the MP's visit to a mosque in his Islington North constituency on 3 March.

Mr Corbyn was "shocked and surprised" by the attack, which prompted his team to increase his security, Westminster Magistrates' Court heard.
I am in two minds over the sentence. An MP lying to the court gets 28 days from the high court and a person doing what many have done over the years and is seen a normal actions against MPs to show your satisfaction also gets 28 days. Which is the greater offence an MP lying to the court or putting egg on an MPs face?

Having said that it was assault and in this climate of aggression to MPs maybe the magistrate has a point, but he did plead guilty and saved the courts a lot of money unlike the other MP.

In a victim impact statement he said: "I was shocked and surprised when the assault occurred as I have always felt safe and secure at the Muslim Welfare House.

"The assault was completely unprovoked and threatening.

"Whilst I'm determined to make sure I'm able to interact with people as I always have, I now have to be more cautious."
Some may argue that it was provoked and I can see an appeal against the sentence taking place soon.

This conviction and JCs victim statement may do JC more harm than good in the long run.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
The egg man has got 28 days.

Brexiteer jailed for egging Corbyn

I am in two minds over the sentence. An MP lying to the court gets 28 days from the high court and a person doing what many have done over the years and is seen a normal actions against MPs to show your satisfaction also gets 28 days. Which is the greater offence an MP lying to the court or putting egg on an MPs face?

Having said that it was assault and in this climate of aggression to MPs maybe the magistrate has a point, but he did plead guilty and saved the courts a lot of money unlike the other MP.

Some may argue that it was provoked and I can see an appeal against the sentence taking place soon.

This conviction and JCs victim statement may do JC more harm than good in the long run.
Just a shame it wasn't a breezeblock instead of an egg.

As regards the comparison between egg man and the High Court liar you just don't get it.
It has been said many a time, but just to repeat if you have forgotten " it's 'cos I's blick" I still can't understand how she got such a pathetic sentence.
(How's that petition going?)
As regards the egg man, he should have got his money's worth and lobbed a frozen turkey.