Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Looks like Labour's point of no return is fast approaching:

Labour's split laid bare as 160 MPs and peers attend launch of Tom Watson's new moderate group

apologies to those who can't get behind the paywall.

It looks as though the moderates tactic is not to schism but remain branded as Labour as they defy the leadership and attempt to dodge deselection, presumably until something turns up... or not
Here this one's not behind a paywall.

Former New Labour rivals bury the hatchet to back Tom Watson's new moderate group

"We're not the ERG. We're not a party within a party. We're providing a space for people from all wings of the party to bring forward new ideas. This is about the coming together of the TBs and the GBs."

Blairites and Brownites coming together in harmony, what could possibly go wrong?

I can see the Sun's headlines now;

TBGB's give me the heebie-jeebies!

Former New Labour rivals bury the hatchet to back Tom Watson's new moderate group

"We're not the ERG. We're not a party within a party. We're providing a space for people from all wings of the party to bring forward new ideas. This is about the coming together of the TBs and the GBs."

Blairites and Brownites coming together in harmony, what could possibly go wrong?

Still trying to be all things to all people so as to gather votes. Labour. Promise the world and achieve the sweet FA.

They've clearly concluded that leaving Labour is the path to oblivion but, unless they can change the grassroots arithmetic, they can back Tom Watson to the skies for all the good it'll do. If Corbyn dies it might create sufficient confusion for the centre/centre right to sneak a candidate through but that's an outside chance - I can't see the comrades giving up power easily after years of passing on fun Friday nights out in favour of discussing Composite B of Motion 16 regarding the forcible redistribution of the nation's supply of bat droppings.

I can't see the comrades giving up power easily after years of passing on fun Friday nights out in favour of discussing Composite B of Motion 16 regarding the forcible redistribution of the nation's supply of bat droppings.

Yes Comrade, we all know that bats are exploited and down trodden by Tory Toffs and Jooz Bankers they should be nationalized with immediate effect. A Batty Minister will be appointed to look after their interests.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes Comrade, we all know that bats are exploited and down trodden by Tory Toffs and Jooz Bankers they should be nationalized with immediate effect. A Batty Minister will be appointed to look after their interests.
so would they be known as the Batty Boy?

They've clearly concluded that leaving Labour is the path to oblivion but, unless they can change the grassroots arithmetic, they can back Tom Watson to the skies for all the good it'll do. If Corbyn dies it might create sufficient confusion for the centre/centre right to sneak a candidate through but that's an outside chance - I can't see the comrades giving up power easily after years of passing on fun Friday nights out in favour of discussing Composite B of Motion 16 regarding the forcible redistribution of the nation's supply of bat droppings.
I don't know how far Momentum's deselction/reselection policy has got. There must be enough moderate old, new labour members around to make a difference, if they have someone to vote for. I am not and never have been a Labour supporter, but we are in dire need of a viable and effective opposition.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
EDM 2004
"That this House is appalled, but barely surprised, at the revelations in M15 files regarding the bizarre and inhumane proposals to use pigeons as flying bombs; recognises the important and live-saving role of carrier pigeons in two world wars and wonders at the lack of gratitude towards these gentle creatures; and believes that humans represent the most obscene, perverted, cruel, uncivilised and lethal species ever to inhabit the planet and looks forward to the day when the inevitable asteroid slams into the earth and wipes them out thus giving nature the opportunity to start again"
Sponsored by J.Corbyn

PIGEON BOMBS - Early Day Motions
Mankind has used animals as weapons since day one. From using fighting dogs and burning pigs to enraged elephants and on to the US incendiary bat bombs of the Second World War.

Corbyn needs to grow the feck up.

Corbyn would slit his wrists rather than stand with May on something that was good for this country and neither he nor Abbott have yet got their heads around the fact that neither of them are still on the backbenches!- (where vacuous virtue signalling seems a requirement)

Looks like Labour's point of no return is fast approaching:

Labour's split laid bare as 160 MPs and peers attend launch of Tom Watson's new moderate group

apologies to those who can't get behind the paywall.

It looks as though the moderates tactic is not to schism but remain branded as Labour as they defy the leadership and attempt to dodge deselection, presumably until something turns up... or not
Come the glorious revolution of the metropolitan middle class, all traitors and those with incorrect thinking process will be treated thus by the People's Court's -

I did enjoy the current cover of Private Eye.

Delightfully savage and speaks to an essential truth.

Regardsless of anything else, that's an awesome eye-roll at 9:14

Helps if you have a plan in the back pocket if you are going to go on television.

I think you could put Ms Maitlis in the danger **** category.
I hope the "O-face" is less threatening than the "death stare"!

Reset the antisemitism clock, yet another story surfaces...

A Labour Shadow Minister has apologised for sharing an “appalling image” containing an “antisemitic caricature” – after initially denying he had done so.

Mike Amesbury, MP for Weaver Vale and Labour’s Shadow Minister for Employment, shared a picture on Facebook in 2013, before becoming an MP, from a website called IlluminatiAgenda.com

It showed a hook-nosed, bearded, cackling man wearing a Father Christmas hat, rubbing his hands together, along with the words: “Remember to support the banks and corporations this Christmas in their continued efforts to enslave mankind, by spending money you haven’t got on things you don’t need…”

The image shared by Mr Amesbury

On Tuesday night, Mr Amesbury initially denied sharing the post, tweeting: “I did not send this vile nonsense and never would", and adding: “The profile picture is of me and my son when we as a family went to Barcelona in 2015, curious that this claims to be from 2013”.

He was apparently unaware that once someone changes their profile picture on Facebook, all their old posts change to show their current profile picture.

Jeez reset the clock to zero again, this is getting tediously predictable

Two Labour council candidates under fire for sharing this Facebook photo, the same one Jeremy Corbyn had to apologise for last year when it emerged he had questioned why the mural had been scrubbed off in 2012.

Two Labour council candidates are under investigation after an anti-Semitic Facebook post was apparently shared and 'liked' by party members.

Labour North has confirmed that two candidates standing for election in Redcar and Cleveland are under investigation after one shared and another 'liked' an image described by The Holocaust Educational Trust as being "blatantly anti-Semitic".

Screen grabs - seen by the Local Democracy Reporting Service - appear to show that Denise Addison, Labour's candidate for Longbeck, shared the post at 8.31pm on February 26.

In another screen grab, Sheila Argument, Labour candidate for Loftus, appears to have 'liked' the same post.

The post does not currently appear on Ms Addison's Facebook page.

The image featured the controversial mural, Freedom for Humanity, which was painted in 2012 near Brick Lane in London’s East End by American graffiti artist Kalen Ockerman, also known as Mear One.

It features a group of "bankers" or "businessmen" playing a game similar to Monopoly on a board propped up on the backs of naked "slaves".

A post that appears to have been shared on the Facebook page of Denise Addison
The caricatures of the "businessmen" have been widely condemned as replicating anti-Semitic representations of Jewish men and the image as a whole has been criticised for propagating conspiracy theories about a Jewish plot to dominate financial institutions.