Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Degsy already binned again after two days as someone found a Zionist tweet from years back - ******* morons, the lot of them - out of their depth on a freshly mopped floor.
Although I think Degsy is a **** who is sad enough to go back 7 ******* years to be pretend to be outraged over a tweet he wrote.

Q

The former Labour gang left their party for different reasons with the only binding issue is their dislike of Corbyn and Momentum. The Tory lot all left because of handling of brexit by May and is very much a case of toys out of the pram.

I don't think this will affect voting in the House as their votes will stay the same as when they were under their respective Whips, i.e. rebels!
Which is the point. There's nothing they can achieve with their new status that they couldn't have achieved by staying put and daring their local constituencies to deselect them.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Which is the point. There's nothing they can achieve with their new status that they couldn't have achieved by staying put and daring their local constituencies to deselect them.
Agreed. Soubry bumping her gums on the Tory back benches was listened to, albeit with eyes raised to the roof. In the breakaway group she is just 'Noises off'.

I don’t think that in the case of the independents it’s a racial matter, necessarily. I think it’s just the usual double standard, in the sense that the seven are now ‘out’. The Peterborough MP is merely conveniently forgotten when the point is being made about the ‘need’ for by-elections. It's not that she's necessarily getting preferential treatment because of ethnicity. She'd be a convenient 'forget' in this case even if she were white - or anything else, for that matter.
I will agree there, point taken. I would still like to see all the dross taken out of Parliament. Winning an election should not mean five years of salary without some conditions attached regarding behavior and work output.

I will agree there, point taken. I would still like to see all the dross taken out of Parliament. Winning an election should not mean five years of salary without some conditions attached regarding behavior and work output.
I don't wish to be difficult but would you care to define what you consider to be acceptable in terms of behaviour and work output, and then explain why you don't believe that the creation of perverse incentives will have perverse effects.

Many thanks.

Degsy already binned again after two days as someone found a Zionist tweet from years back - ******* morons, the lot of them - out of their depth on a freshly mopped floor.
Anne Widdicombe on Strictly had more gravitas than this lot. Our so-called home of Democracy is a laughing stock.
It really is getting beyond parody.

As I understand it, Labour's two Jewish leavers left for quite different reasons from the other six.

The fun begins if they all (ex-Lab and ex-Con) want to work together as a group which means choosing a leader and at least the odd policy (maybe very odd) that they all agree on. The only one I can see with leadership potential is Chukka.

Meanwhile back in the Constituencies Con & Lab has to find replacement candidates (having been spared the nausea of no-confidence votes etc.), in the Lab case choosing the most demented Commies they can find who I hope are toxic to the broad electorate. There may be people who haven't been Sectioned who think Anna Soubry's marvellous but I doubt it.
Chukka is just an ethnic Tony Blair, less punch able admittedly but he's still a smug git

Agreed. Soubry bumping her gums on the Tory back benches was listened to, albeit with eyes raised to the roof. In the breakaway group she is just 'Noises off'.
I will be surprised if there is not one of the Indy Group on 'Question Time' every week.
As to the timing of the defections, I would imagine that they hope to get some 'momentum' before being deselected at the next election. They also then get to choose which constituency they stand in.
If the Indy Group fail to 'change the face of British politics' expect it to be subsumed within the Lib Dems which will get a name change and a new leader.

I will be surprised if there is not one of the Indy Group on 'Question Time' every week.
I thought this too.
If the Indy Group fail to 'change the face of British politics' expect it to be subsumed within the Lib Dems which will get a name change and a new leader.
Yes, this seems a definite possibility.

Meanwhile the great leader and his front bench are dealing with the anti-antisemitism effectively...
funny-explosion-animated-gif-8.gif

I thought this too.
Yes, this seems a definite possibility.

Meanwhile the great leader and his front bench are dealing with the anti-antisemitism effectively...
View attachment 378921
Reminds me of a grenade detonator timing lesson we did (using the blue plastic chalk-powder filled “grenades exercise F1) in the French Foreign Legion back in the eighties. :)

Last edited:
As to the timing of the defections, I would imagine that they hope to get some 'momentum' before being deselected at the next election. They also then get to choose which constituency they stand in.
Is that all before lunch?