Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Yes dear, of course it is.
Hmmmm, silly me, I commented that the speakers praised the police over the Salisbury incident and you then decide that Salisbury is irrelivent to...................erm, Salisbury

Nothing gets past you :)
Eh?
Politicians lie.
Shall I put that in capital letters for you or is there an adult with you that can explain it.

Eh?
Politicians lie.
Shall I put that in capital letters for you or is there an adult with you that can explain it.
Tell you what, why not expand on your point.
You will be aware of what the speakers said as you commented on it

For a start, they were all elected on a manifesto supporting Brexit. They are all opposed to Brexit.
I suspect that none of them could lie straight in bed!
I hate to point to the bloody obvious, but you replied to my comment about the praise for the police over the Salisbury incident.
It's a given that all politicians lie, so that's irrelivent to this seven, so again, why not expand on your point.
How is Salisbury not relevant to Salisbury?
It's almost like you decided to comment without hearing what was said.

I have the feeling that an awful lot of sitting Labour MP's agree with them, but know in real life that it can be far far harder to leave the security of an organisation than to stay within it, even if staying means failing.

It's probably fair to expect that this small group will now get a huge rise in negative/hate emails or social media messages.

With the exception of Chuka Amunna I was impressed with all the speakers.
It was so refreshing to hear a Labour politician stand up for the police, and commend British values.
Politics needs a shake up, this will probably end up being the SDP mk II and fail in the long run, but something has to change.

And when you people like Luciena Berger needing police protection at the Labour Party conference because of threats from anti-Semites in the Labour Party you can see why they felt pressured into leaving, they've all been bullied by the Momentum brownshirts that Corybn uses as attack dogs

But something is fundamentally wrong when the Prime Minister is a remainer trying to undermine it's own parties policies on Brexit, and the opposition leader is a Brexiter trying to undermine his own parties policies on Brexit

When you have the leaders of the two main parties repeatedly lying to their own party, let alone their members, let along the wider electorate at large something is very rotten.

The irony though it's really a center right party that is needed, if they wanted to jump ship to a center left party they could have joined the Liberal Party or even the Conservative Party as it seems to be full of center left wets these days, but I can see their careers even more likely to nose dive if they did that now, so maybe they have a point

I hate to point to the bloody obvious, but you replied to my comment about the praise for the police over the Salisbury incident.
It's a given that all politician lie, so that's irrelivent to this seven, so again, why not expand on your point.
How is Salisbury not relevant to Salisbury?
It's almost like you decided to comment without hearing what was said.
I appear to have touched you in your special place.
You were praising a politician who was, in all probability, lying like a cheap NAAFI watch.

SmithSid

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well - it took a while, but it finally happened.

Respect to those who have left the anti-Jewish Labour Party.

Bravo_Bravo / Tappet may be sulking somewhat today, go easy on him.

Edited to add:

Shows what I know :), apparantly 7 have resigned from Labour now
Yes, the speeches were played live in full on Radio 5.
You'd need to listen to iplayer on the 10am until 11.15 slots for today to hear the speeches, but also catch Owen Jones rabid response in the comments afterwards :)

I appear to have touched you in your special place.
You were praising a politician who was, in all probability, lying like a cheap NAAFI watch.
No, you appear to not be able to expand on your initial reply.
It's a very simple thing to do surely............after all you made made a comment to that effect.
Have a fourth try :)
Why is Salisbury irrelivent to Salisbury in your opinion?

If it's helps you, I wasn't praising 'a politician', seven spoke and I praised six, do keep up.

No, you appear to not be able to expand on your initial reply.
It's a very simple thing to do surely............after all you made made a comment to that effect.
Have a fourth try :)
Why is Salisbury irrelivent to Salisbury in your opinion?

If it's helps you, I wasn't praising 'a politician', seven spoke and I praised six, do keep up.
Are you ill?
What's irrelevant is any mention of praising the reaction to Salisbury in forming a new party.
It may also have been another whopper.
Just listening to Angela Smith on the BBC. She said "People have lost faith in politics, they don't want Labour the Tories or the Limps......"
It completely escaped her notice that 4 million people voted for UKIP before 2016 and that 17 million voted to leave the EU.
It's like a mental condition.

Last edited:
Politics needs a shake up, this will probably end up being the SDP mk II and fail in the long run, but something has to change.

And when you people like Luciena Berger needing police protection at the Labour Party conference because of threats from anti-Semites in the Labour Party you can see why they felt pressured into leaving, they've all been bullied by the Momentum brownshirts that Corybn uses as attack dogs

But something is fundamentally wrong when the Prime Minister is a remainer trying to undermine it's own parties policies on Brexit, and the opposition leader is a Brexiter trying to undermine his own parties policies on Brexit

When you have the leaders of the two main parties repeatedly lying to their own party, let alone their members, let along the wider electorate at large something is very rotten.

The irony though it's really a center right party that is needed, if they wanted to jump ship to a center left party they could have joined the Liberal Party or even the Conservative Party as it seems to be full of center left wets these days, but I can see their careers even more likely to nose dive if they did that now, so maybe they have a point
Vince Cable was interviewed by the Beeb a while back and was expanding on his point that the liberal party should welcome new blood, and that newcomers should be from all walks of life and from all political colours.
This was at a time when it was first being rumoured that Chuka might be leaving labour. It was put to Cable as to whether he would welcome current labour MPs to join the Liberals and Cable jumped straight on his reversocycle and quashed that idea as fast as he could. The radio presenter then asked if it was because Cable was scared that a group of Labour MPs could dominate the Liberals, then have an ex Labour MP as leader and hijack the party :)