Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

See what you did there...
It seems pretty obvious that people are getting disenchanted with the current insipid crop of weak politicians.

Isn't what the people yearn for, a new strong leader? Perhaps someone could suggest an example from recent history. Who would unite one people, one realm, one leader?

Could anyone offer an example?

Oh, no doubt. Much the same as being buggered by a well-endowed Jamaican cellmate would make a stretch in the slammer interesting.
Oh yes, I'd definitely be interested in that. groan

I do try not to be personally rude about people, but I think Owen Jones is a rather excellent example of everything I dislike in UK politics.

His opening homily here about the evils of anti-Semitism quickly gives way to a questioning of "centrists", and letting down the support for the hard worker party workers sounds to me a bit like saying "all rape is wrong......but she was drunk in a bar wearing a low cut top what did she expect?"

I did like his "I know what it is like to be hounded", get a real job.

That's worryingly accurate.

And yet; it also sums up PMTM.

There was a good interview I saw with Alistair Campbell, where he argued that in essence PMTM is just trying the expediency of stopping the Tory party splitting apart and staying in work for another month.

Corbyn can promise the moon, because it is highly unlikely he will ever have to deliver it. The privillige of permanent opposition is the luxury of the lack of hard choices.

There was a good interview I saw with Alistair Campbell, where he argued that in essence PMTM is just trying the expediency of stopping the Tory party splitting apart and staying in work for another month.

Corbyn can promise the moon, because it is highly unlikely he will ever have to deliver it. The privillige of permanent opposition is the luxury of the lack of hard choices.
If they have to deliver I expect the promises to morph into aspirations like refunding Student Loans.

I do try not to be personally rude about people, but I think Owen Jones is a rather excellent example of everything I dislike in UK politics.

His opening homily here about the evils of anti-Semitism quickly gives way to a questioning of "centrists", and letting down the support for the hard worker party workers sounds to me a bit like saying "all rape is wrong......but she was drunk in a bar wearing a low cut top what did she expect?"

I did like his "I know what it is like to be hounded", get a real job.

Squealer is a despicable turd who changes like the wind, he makes all the right noise for about 30 seconds then reverts to yeah, but, no but and disappears down a rabbit hole in some other direction contrary to his initial point. He sucks at the Corbynists teat but he used to despise them, he has been vocally critical of Jews in the past but now is the 2nd messiah to all things Jewish.

The best is that he falls out with all his chums at the Guardian, either publicly slating them or getting his twitter gang to attack them, if he is the future of UK politics god help us.

There’s no such thing as a good interview with Alistair Campbell (with the honourable exceptions of his ones about mental health, which are always good). If there was ever a man who was part of the political problem then it’s him.

.... He sucks at the Corbynists teat ...
I don't think it's Corbyn's teat he's sucking.

The best is that he falls out with all his chums at the Guardian, either publicly slating them or getting his twitter gang to attack them, if he is the future of UK politics god help us.
He's not a journalist, he's a political campaigner whose mind is still in Oxford University Labour club. His work in the Guardian is openly ridiculed - and that's by Guardian readers. It's inadequately researched, full of contradictions and not up to the standard required by a popular national newspaper. His colleagues know this and are no doubt resentful about the fact that he is still working there at a time when the Grun is racking up spectacular losses and redundancies are looming.

If his obsession with his sexuality is as blatant at work as it is during his public appearances, they're no doubt getting sick of his out-and-proud routine too. Being openly, indeed volubly, gay might have made him "special" up north in the 1990s but I doubt anybody gives a feck in the Guardian offices today.

I don't think it's Corbyn's teat he's sucking.

He's not a journalist, he's a political campaigner whose mind is still in Oxford University Labour club. His work in the Guardian is openly ridiculed - and that's by Guardian readers. It's inadequately researched, full of contradictions and not up to the standard required by a popular national newspaper. His colleagues know this and are no doubt resentful about the fact that he is still working there at a time when the Grun is racking up spectacular losses and redundancies are looming.

If his obsession with his sexuality is as blatant at work as it is during his public appearances, they're no doubt getting sick of his out-and-proud routine too. Being openly, indeed volubly, gay might have made him "special" up north in the 1990s but I doubt anybody gives a feck in the Guardian offices today.
He matters so little to me I didn't know he was gay.

He matters so little to me I didn't know he was gay.
I think I will convert to islam (without circumcision), join momentum (without hemispherectomy), then come the revolution take him outside (without contact) and bring his attention to the nearest high, flat roof.
Just to see the look on his face. :muhaha::muhaha::muhaha:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think I will convert to islam (without circumcision), join momentum (without hemispherectomy), then come the revolution take him outside (without contact) and bring his attention to the nearest high, flat roof.
Just to see the look on his face. :muhaha::muhaha::muhaha:
Strap on him a camera on a selfie stick and you can watch his face all the way down!

Just on an aside, the bulding in Mosul used by DAESH to throw gay men to their deaths has been demolished.

Mosul demolishes iconic building used by IS for 'gay' killings

(seperate to the above link, it is the Natioanl Insurance Company building in Mosul).

I do remember Jones getting very righteous about the mass killing at the Pulse nightclub in Florida (where 50 people were murdered); and thinking that's very nice to be outraged; you will the ends to defeat terrorism, you will the means.

He's another person who's never had to take a hard decision in their life, or accept resppnsibility, or rise to the demands of duty.

Just on an aside, the bulding in Mosul used by DAESH to throw gay men to their deaths has been demolished.
Probably not so much for the DAESH fame.
More a fact it was knackered by the war.

The building was then ravaged by the months-long fight to oust IS from Mosul, which ended in the summer of 2017.
"It's prone to collapse because of the rockets, shelling, and explosions that hit it and destroyed large parts of it," Mohammad Jassem, a municipal official representing Mosul's nearby Old City, told AFP.
"A committee was formed to study the building and assessed it was no longer viable, and that any restoration at this stage would be futile."
He said discussions were ongoing to demolish other buildings damaged in the fighting, including Mosul's branch of the central bank and the Nineveh governorate.

Probably not so much for the DAESH fame.
More a fact it was knackered by the war.
Twofer really though.

DAESH are the closest we have come to a death cult in recent years, and should be wiped out.

I remember seeing this as a boy at the cinema; I never thought we'd see it for real!

I know this is from the Mail BUT it just shows what an absolute s**t Corbyn is with his never ending support for our enemies. He should be banned from holding any office of state in the UK & deported to N. Korea or Venezuela where he would probably be welcome.
Jeremy Corbyn hosted a Left-wing conference in 2012 that voted to free Irish terrorists | Daily Mail Online
snip "In November 2012, David Black was murdered by Republican terrorists
  • Mr Black was a prison guard at Northern Ireland's Maghaberry top-security jail
  • Nine days later Jeremy Corbyn chaired a far-left conference debate in London
  • At the meeting Trotskyites called for the release of Maghaberry prisoners" "A Mail investigation has uncovered damning evidence that, just nine days after the killing, the current leadership of the Labour Party showed ‘solidarity’ with the paramilitary group behind the killing. Less than three years before Jeremy Corbyn became party leader, he chaired a debate of hard-Left activists that voted in favour of the release of dissident Republican prisoners opposed to the Northern Ireland peace process".

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I know this is from the Mail BUT it just shows what an absolute s**t Corbyn is with his never ending support for our enemies. He should be banned from holding any office of state in the UK & deported to N. Korea or Venezuela where he would probably be welcome.
Jeremy Corbyn hosted a Left-wing conference in 2012 that voted to free Irish terrorists | Daily Mail Online
  • Mr Black was a prison guard at Northern Ireland's Maghaberry top-security jail
  • At the meeting Trotskyites called for the release of Maghaberry prisoners" "A Mail investigation has uncovered damning evidence that, just nine days after the killing, the current leadership of the Labour Party showed ‘solidarity’ with the paramilitary group behind the killing. Less than three years before Jeremy Corbyn became party leader, he chaired a debate of hard-Left activists that voted in favour of the release of dissident Republican prisoners opposed to the Northern Ireland peace process".
tsk. he was there but not involved. he condemns all violence. it's fake news.

haven't you got the memo?

;)

Looks like they are trying to go for it, Whatever that is.

May actually be not much more than: " Corbyn is a useless dysfunctional Marxist twat shock horror probe"

(Thanks DM, but we already know that)

How Jeremy Corbyn's 'joyless' approach to life drove wife away before affair with Diane Abbott | Daily Mail Online

Who will save us from Corbyn, McDonnell and Milne?
JK (Harry Potter fantasy writer) Rowling
Rachel (at least she can add up and take away) Riley.
View attachment 377044

Countdown star Rachel Riley joins Labour rebels to plot a 'Blairite' party | Daily Mail Online

Rachel may not have a wizards wand but she has something that is 10cm long:

8 Out of 10 Cats: Rachel Riley shares a vagina fact | Videos | Express.co.uk

I bet Corbyn is shitting his pants at the thought of some b list celebrities having a meeting and not even having a leader.