Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Nice little snippet of the delusional. This is on Jess Phillips timeline
View attachment 376715
Nothing to see here: Big John is on the case and has told them off . . .

' . . . speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr McDonnell . . . condemned a Facebook post from one of the local Labour members calling Ms Berger a "disruptive Zionist", saying it was "completely wrong".'

Labour row over MP no confidence vote

Glad that's been cleared up: are we done here?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
and it would appear the person behind the no confidence vote in Berger has form, completely unsurprisingly -

Labour Member Leading Berger Deselection Attempt is Israel Conspiracist Who Called Her "Disruptive Zionist" -

'It now emerges that the local Labour member who proposed one of the (two) no confidence motions, Kenneth Campbell, goes on regular rants about “traitorous Blairites” on Facebook, saying it is “about time [Berger] was exposed for the disruptive Zionist she is” and even claiming that Israel supports ISIS.'

and it would appear the person behind the no confidence vote in Berger has form, completely unsurprisingly -

Labour Member Leading Berger Deselection Attempt is Israel Conspiracist Who Called Her "Disruptive Zionist" -

'It now emerges that the local Labour member who proposed one of the (two) no confidence motions, Kenneth Campbell, goes on regular rants about “traitorous Blairites” on Facebook, saying it is “about time [Berger] was exposed for the disruptive Zionist she is” and even claiming that Israel supports ISIS.'
All is well: peace has broken out-hearty mugs of Free Trade wheat grass and yak milk lattes all around!

'Motions of no confidence in Labour MP Luciana Berger have been withdrawn by her local party after a bitter row.

Activists in Liverpool Wavertree said Ms Berger - a critic of Labour's handling of anti-Semitism - had been undermining Jeremy Corbyn.

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell sparked a backlash from supporters of the MP by suggesting she should have pledged loyalty to Labour. . . '

Unfortunately, Big John seems to mis-stepped on this one:

'Former shadow chancellor Chris Leslie said Mr McDonnell "should never have allowed his allies to have gone after Luciana like that in the first place".'

No confidence vote in Labour MP pulled

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
All is well: peace has broken out-hearty mugs of Free Trade wheat grass and yak milk lattes all around!

'Motions of no confidence in Labour MP Luciana Berger have been withdrawn by her local party after a bitter row.

Activists in Liverpool Wavertree said Ms Berger - a critic of Labour's handling of anti-Semitism - had been undermining Jeremy Corbyn.

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell sparked a backlash from supporters of the MP by suggesting she should have pledged loyalty to Labour. . . '

'Former shadow chancellor Chris Leslie said Mr McDonnell "should never have allowed his allies to have gone after Luciana like that in the first place".'

How very Stalinist - swear loyalty to the party indeed!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

why do you get the impression that this is only being stepped on in this way because of the negative publicity?

why do you get the impression that this is only being stepped on in this way because of the negative publicity?
Because, for a small moment, the Deputy Leader woke from his Momentum-imposed coma, quickly saw that this was turning to rat shite and put Big John back in his box.

. . . oh, and did a bit of inter-party GBH on the loons who tabled the motions in the first place.

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
I think Jeremy Corbyn ought to be the next Prime Minister. He would make politics very interesting.

I think Jeremy Corbyn ought to be the next Prime Minister. He would make politics very interesting.
I would rather not live in interesting times thanks.

Oh, no doubt. Much the same as being buggered by a well-endowed Jamaican cellmate would make a stretch in the slammer interesting.

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
See what you did there...
It seems pretty obvious that people are getting disenchanted with the current insipid crop of weak politicians.

Isn't what the people yearn for, a new strong leader? Perhaps someone could suggest an example from recent history. Who would unite one people, one realm, one leader?

Could anyone offer an example?

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
Oh, no doubt. Much the same as being buggered by a well-endowed Jamaican cellmate would make a stretch in the slammer interesting.
Oh yes, I'd definitely be interested in that. groan

I do try not to be personally rude about people, but I think Owen Jones is a rather excellent example of everything I dislike in UK politics.

His opening homily here about the evils of anti-Semitism quickly gives way to a questioning of "centrists", and letting down the support for the hard worker party workers sounds to me a bit like saying "all rape is wrong......but she was drunk in a bar wearing a low cut top what did she expect?"

I did like his "I know what it is like to be hounded", get a real job.

Latest Threads