Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

How is having another GE going to help, it will be the same civil servants running things in the background and I'm sure most people know Lab have no plan of substance if any. It might turn out bad for Jezzer if a GE is called and he loses again which is more than likely.
How you can say that when the intellectual titan that is Kier Starmer will be in charge of the negotiations is beyond me.....

My bold. You have answered your own question there.
As for a GE. At least if we had one sooner rather than later, Corbyn would have to spell out his Brexit plan in a manifesto..................wouldn't he?
I was thinking more about the potential for civil disobedience,

We heard at the last TUC jamboree mention of general strikes to "get the Tories out". So rather than accept the will of the people in the event of a Conservative win would we expect demos, riots, strikes etc. to thwart the will of the people? And in that case would those acting so renounce any claim to be democratic representatives of the people or would they still claim (with a straight face) that what they are doing is what the people want?

I get a sense that the Labour party is moving away from acceptance to justifying zealotry and dogma, all in the name of the people of course.

Pure courtesy... the Tories alone don't have the numbers to guarantee a win either.
JC also does not have the numbers. Even if you discount the DUP the Tories still have more, not by many but still more. There are about 9 MPs who are stateless and most of them are Labour and most of those have a axe to grind with JC and who may be out of work come a GE. JC may find in the next couple of days that he has one less on his side too.

JC also does not have the numbers.
I know... my post - the one you quoted

Pure courtesy... the Tories alone don't have the numbers to guarantee a win either.
was simply a direct response to this post

On BBC News Corbyn saying they haven't the numbers for a vote of no confidence so he is asking for support from across the house.

649 MPs (plus a non voting Mr Speaker) of whom there are
317 Tories
10 DUP

If the DUP* hold to their C&S agreement it gives the government a majority of just 5 votes. Add in your handful of Labour dissenters and the majority increases a little so technically, the government can and probably will survive a VoNC. In reality though, it will just be further weakened by such a close vote. Even with abstentions and a handful of dissenters defying the whips it is never going to be a convincing win for the already lame duck government.

Please don't confuse my words with my wants. The very last thing we need is a labour government. We need a stronger and more cohesive Tory Government with a leader rather than a loser in charge but in the current political climes, I can't really see when or where that is ever going to appear.

* The DUP, if they vote against the government next Tuesday may find it difficult to support them in a hot pursuit VoNC.
The DUP says it will support the government in any confidence vote if the Brexit deal is rejected, making a defeat less likely.

Last edited:
How is having another GE going to help, it will be the same civil servants running things in the background
All a GE does is to kick the can down the road for another 2 or 3 or more years. We voted for Brexit and all we're getting is delays.

No industry, few jobs outside Cardiff that don't involve tourism, farming or shop work

At the moment heavily subsidised by England, and only let down by a devolved administration that manages to waste money in ways Westminster can only dream of

Can't see independence happening myself, but hey a week is a long time in politics so who knows

No industry, few jobs outside Cardiff that don't involve tourism, farming or shop work

At the moment heavily subsidised by England, and only let down by a devolved administration that manages to waste money in ways Westminster can only dream of

Can't see independence happening myself, but hey a week is a long time in politics so who knows
This is the thing though, same for the wee nippers across the wall. They enjoy the life because its being paid for mostly from the English taxes, remove that income and where else are they going to get money from.
They was programme on Sky over Christmas where David Walliams gets elected and creates a republic. He then turns the country into broke shit hole and the paroles ask for the Queen to be reinstated .
I guess that how it work out for the wee nippers and the Welsh once the English pound stops following.

This is the thing though, same for the wee nippers across the wall. They enjoy the life because its being paid for mostly from the English taxes, remove that income and where else are they going to get money from.
They was programme on Sky over Christmas where David Walliams gets elected and creates a republic. He then turns the country into broke shit hole and the paroles ask for the Queen to be reinstated .
I guess that how it work out for the wee nippers and the Welsh once the English pound stops following.

But they will be free...............................

We're both saving quite a bit in free prescriptions as we get them like confetti, all paid for by English taxpayers effectively