Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

So Corbyn and friends get in number 10.
There then follows the offer of military assistance to Palestine and the subsequent deployment of the British military.
I suppose my question is, would that be a possibility?
I'd be more concerned that a Labour Government would order a trawl through the records of soldiers who served between 1969 and 1990, passing the names and details to the PSNI for investigation or "reconciliation"...

I chuckle to myself when you think trade deals are negotiated in weeks or even months...

Corbyn makes me sick to the stomach for the anti Semitism issues, the backing of Adams in the 1980s, and his horrendously business unfriendly stance. Can't stand his core ideology which was discredited surely in 1989. Referendum on the EU with an option to remain... I'll tick the Labour box.
Why do you think the EU would let us "remain"?
We have effectively left the EU. It's the settlement that's the problem.
Is the EU so keen to have the UK as a member it will forego any application process? Or will we have to join the queue behind Turkey et al? (...and then get horribly shafted on entry conditions).

Then the Tories, and Libdems if they want, need to grow up and start proactively discrediting these inferred proposals. The Magic Money tree can only go so far before it becomes boring.

Break down the words, put them into plain speak and disseminate to all and sundry.
'Sorry, what Corbyn actually means is . . [insert lie of choice]'
Its always easy giving other people's money away, but not as easy as taking it.

There are sadly a lot of suckers out there who believe it is the concern

Nor pick up on the small fact that it only applies to UK companies. You don't need more than a room temperature IQ to work out what inevitably happens next, especially absent the hardest of Brexits: the already agreed parts of the 5 year Brexit Transition allows UK companies to restructure into EU based companies without immediate tax penalty and then operate through UK subsidiaries or branches of the foreign parent.

Foreign companies can and do list on the London Stock Exchange. No listed UK company could however possibly operate via a UK incorporated company.

It's got about much chance of happening as the calls for a General Strike: fantasy politics for the stupid and delusional.

Shhhhhh, someone will remember that ever since Corbyn took the leaders job Labour have been complaining that UK companies registered abroad aren't paying taxes to the treasury.

The trick here is that Labour are relying on those will business expertise and financial mobility to start giving away money to a regime they might not support rather than just sidestep the plan and keep their money!

You abd me might see the obvious flaw, but with Abbott in the cabinet Labour will not only be able to spend seven times more than the tax income, but they will probably have millions left over to pay police officer so £4000 a year!

Precisely. It's quite easy to extrapolate what an average engineering/scientific/medical graduate can earn and thus put back in, in the form of taxes. It should be fairly easy to project which courses will lead to a net benefit to public funds

According to this link we are short of 59000 engineering graduates

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3KRJ3fTgT1yxy1qxmM368z

This is one sector we need to incentivise
How do you work this out for the medical grads.
That's a genuine question, I'm particularly interested in your stats on the quite large proportion who don't stay in the UK to practice, plus the fact that 70% of people never repay their student loan in full.

Last edited:
What coup? When was there a coup?

I never said there was a coup. I said May implied there would be one to keep Corbyn/Labour getting into power. She implied that it is up to her and not the voters. No PM has ever done that before.

I don't think she could, but there are others who could or would.

Seriously, put the door back on the microwave oven. The few seconds you save heating your pies without having to arse about opening and shutting the door isn't worth frying your brain and causing such utter bilge to spew forth from your keyboard.

I chuckle to myself when you think trade deals are negotiated in weeks or even months...

Corbyn makes me sick to the stomach for the anti Semitism issues, the backing of Adams in the 1980s, and his horrendously business unfriendly stance. Can't stand his core ideology which was discredited surely in 1989. Referendum on the EU with an option to remain... I'll tick the Labour box.
So you despise the leader and the policies which hinge on his ideology, but you'll vote for him because you want the UK to remain in the EU (which if he has any say in it won't happen anyway)? Cracking logic.

You could just save yourself the trouble of voting by moving to the Republic; that way you can remain in the EU.

Is it just me or was Corbyn basically engaging in a bit of anti-Semitism whilst lionising dusky terrorists in part of his speech, and the rest was just lots of nice ambitions that can't be paid for...?

Amen

Yes, the same terms. Mmm, wasn't it the concept of those that forced David Cameron to go cap in hand to the EU in 2015/16 to negotiate a 'better deal'?

Remind me how David Cameron got his arse handed to him when he popped over to Brussels, and like any slimy PR type managed to turn it into a UK 'Special Status'.

I bet he still wonders how he lost the referendum to the leavers

Is it just me or was Corbyn basically engaging in a bit of anti-Semitism whilst lionising dusky terrorists in part of his speech, and the rest was just lots of nice ambitions that can't be paid for...?
They can be paid for. You just have to ask yourself, or him; To what price?

I have voted Labour throughout the 90s and the first part of this century. I did not vote for them in the last general election, Corbyn and McDonald are one sandwich short of a full loaf. My biggest political issue remains Brexit, and am convinced our departure from the EU will cause untold damage to our economy, political influence in the world and ultimately everyone's standard of living. So here's the rub, can't stand the Corbyn Labour party but if they offer a second referendum they'll regain a lost Blairite vote. If it had been thought through it would have been a stoke of genius! I'll have to square the rest of it away later, but Brexit and a people's vote will turn me and many like me. Labour 'could win 1.5m more votes' by backing Brexit referendum
The choice between one term of a very ropey govt or '50 years' for brexit to pay off and the decision is made for me.

Besides, if we BrINO or remain, isn't Corbyn constrained from nationalising everything?

Yes, the same terms. Mmm, wasn't it the concept of those that forced David Cameron to go cap in hand to the EU in 2015/16 to negotiate a 'better deal'?

Remind me how David Cameron got his arse handed to him when he popped over to Brussels, and like any slimy PR type managed to turn it into a UK 'Special Status'.

I bet he still wonders how he lost the referendum to the leavers
He hadn't counted on the capacity of the electorate to hew it's nose off with such enthusiasm, intentionally or otherwise

Besides, if we BrINO or remain, isn't Corbyn constrained from nationalising everything?
Yep. Not allowed if in the EU zone.

If not in then the legalities of being able to nationalise & the cost of doing so are the fundamentals that pass the fanbois by. Its all sound bites & appeal to the mongs by talking with a mouth full of lies. Was ever thus.