• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Can't help but think that they are fighting a losing battle trying to revive the high street.

The internet is largely responsible in my view for reduced footfall in the high street.

Shouldn't we be trying to train up folk in skilled jobs rather than retail minimum wage McJobs that an ape could accomplish?
Losing battle or not, she is just trying to score point that the conservatives are to blame.

Can't help but think that they are fighting a losing battle trying to revive the high street.

The internet is largely responsible in my view for reduced footfall in the high street.

Shouldn't we be trying to train up folk in skilled jobs rather than retail minimum wage McJobs that an ape could accomplish?
Likewise the part about "stopping bank closures", they're closing in the main because people don't need to go in anymore (save for businesses who deal in small cash transactions....).

Losing battle or not, she is just trying to score point that the conservatives are to blame.
Makes a nice change from being the Joo's fault.
Free travel for under 25's err no. Free travel for school kids and students. I guess I would accept that as a reasonable idea.

Well the conference certainly has their finger on the pulse of British opinion.

Thus far its been import a ton more 'refugees', abolish immigration laws, close the immigration detention centres, and now they're all waving palestinian flags while some mentalist rants on about the fecking nabka. All deffo vote winners....

Free Wifi monitored of course by people that want to make sure your viewing the correct websites....
From my cold dead hand.

Makes a nice change from being the Joo's fault.
Free travel for under 25's err no. Free travel for school kids and students. I guess I would accept that as a reasonable idea.
Why should students get free travel?

Why should students get free travel?
Why not, let them have free travel while they are Uni/College. If make things easy for them to get to and back to Uni's and anything else while they are studying.
I'm no lefty but I don't mind helping those that want better for themselves.

Why not, let them have free travel while they are Uni/College. If make things easy for them to get to and back to Uni's and anything else while they are studying, why not.
Because it's not "Free", someone, e.g the taxpayer will have to pay for it...again

Here's horrifying. Free everything for the proletariat, from Rebecca Long-Bailey. Sometimes I worry; people believe this stuff.
There are so many inaccuracies in that speech.

I thought the NHS was the largest employer in the country. When did Toys R Us have a presence on the high street. It was long ago that retailers like them were being blamed for the closure of the small toy shop.

As this was televised could not it be an infringement of the advertising standards.

Why not, let them have free travel while they are Uni/College. If make things easy for them to get to and back to Uni's and anything else while they are studying.
I'm no lefty but I don't mind helping those that want better for themselves.
Because there are plenty of youngsters out grafting at the age of 18 on shite wages having to subsidise people at university.

Last edited:
Because it's not "Free", someone, e.g the taxpayer will have to pay for it...again
But I will get the last laugh, they will be paying my pension and I plan to make it to at least 65 that will teach them.