• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Apologies, I can't help posting this:
brex.JPG

Take your pick. Mid Staffordshire, thousands dead from neglect. Described by the Guardian thus "Mid Staffs" has become a byword for NHS care at its most negligent. It is often described as the worst hospital care scandal of recent times. In 2009 Sir Ian Kennedy, the chairman of the Healthcare Commission, the regulator of NHS care standards at the time, said it was the most shocking scandal he had investigated.

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells. 90 dead from Cdiff as a direct result of management policies.

Ipswich Hospital. At the time, one of only two hospital in the country to be served with an emergency order threatening closure if it didn't improve. Patients were dying because surgical instruments were not being sterilised properly. Others died because of rat faeces in the food.

Where I live, a boy died from an asthma attack because there were no ambulances to take him to hospital. There were no ambulances because they were all parked up in the hospital car park with patients in the back. The hospital would not allow patients to enter A&E until staff were certain that they could be treated within 4 hours. People died so that Gordon could claim that everybody was seen within four hours in A&E.

That is true. IIRC health spending tripled under Labour in the Blair/Brown years. Yet, by any measure, patient outcomes got worse. Money was flushed away as fast as the Gordon could sign the cheques. My local hospital boasted one of the biggest diversity departments in the country. Free copies of Gay News for anybody who wanted them. A drop in centre for those interested in gender reassignment.

Overwhelmingly, money was hosed down the drain on Public/Private Partnership deals where the government didn't read the small print. Hundred quid to replace a light bulb? No problem. My local hospital built a private wing with PPP cash while they were closing NHS wards. Patients, including my wife, were told that they couldn't be admitted to hospital unless they could pay £350 per night for a room in the private ward.

That is a fekkin' outrage and it only stopped when the Tories took power. The formerly private ward is now full of NHS patients.

No they weren't. Waiting lists from diagnosis to treatment were the lowest ever. Let me give you an example from personal experience. I have a chronic condition that flares up from time to time. Normally fairly harmless but it can be fatal if left untreated for a long time. On arrival at my GP's surgery, we both knew what was wrong and he referred me to a consultant. Eighteen months later, I was getting desperate and I paid to go private. The consultant diagnosed my condition as life threatening and I was in hospital in a week. How long do you reckon I was officially on the waiting list?

Surely Maggie's fault, same as the manky hospitals and mismanagement under Blair and Brown.

I don't believe that Labour politicians are evil, they're just incompetent. Every Labour government since the first one has increased unemployment, inflation, debt and poverty. I don't believe that this is deliberate. People like John Prescott who, by his own admission, can't read and write very well, can't be expected to manage multi billion pound organisations like the NHS. He may be a tw@t but, in Labour's book, he's the people's tw@t and the people must have him, whatever the consequences.
Bravo AM, it's been a while since someone was given such a comprehensive squelching on Arrse. Given how long it took him to get over the shock of seeing JC's manor house, there's a strong chance that he may retire to his safe space indefinitely.

I wonder if they would be allowed to govern if they won?

Anyone know of there is anything in the constitution that can enable HM Queen to intervene, or anyone really - on the grounds of national security?
The Boss can theoretically invite who she likes to form a new government, or nobody. Which would then trigger another election either directly or when the appointed gov failed a confidence vote.

I would hate to think of what my Service time in the Army would be like under a Corbyn government, how the Prime Minister would loathe his own troops sickens me; it would create a *hostile environment* for service personnel, except for the New Red Army of course.
Corbyn said something about better accommodation and TACOS. You are unlikely to end up somewhere hot and sandy surrounded by people who want to kill you, I'm guessing.

Teacher tells Labour conference that a 'proper education' will mean there will be no more Tories | Daily Mail Online

A teaching assistant claimed a 'proper education' would mean there will not be 'any Tories because we'll have brought our kids up properly' today.
and

Last year a war hero turned Conservative MP revealed his teenage son's teacher stood up and told his classmates not to talk to him because his dad is a Tory.
Bob Stewart, who served as an Army Colonel before he joined the Commons, said four of his sons have been 'hassled' at school because of his parliamentary career.
But he said the abuse reached a new low during the General Election when his 13 year-old son's teacher told his classmates to shun him because of his father's political beliefs.

Teacher tells Labour conference that a 'proper education' will mean there will be no more Tories | Daily Mail Online

A teaching assistant claimed a 'proper education' would mean there will not be 'any Tories because we'll have brought our kids up properly' today.
and

Last year a war hero turned Conservative MP revealed his teenage son's teacher stood up and told his classmates not to talk to him because his dad is a Tory.
Bob Stewart, who served as an Army Colonel before he joined the Commons, said four of his sons have been 'hassled' at school because of his parliamentary career.
But he said the abuse reached a new low during the General Election when his 13 year-old son's teacher told his classmates to shun him because of his father's political beliefs.
It would be sad if it were true. I understand this was investigated by the education authority and it never happened. It was possibly a figment of the Colonels imagination.

Why don't you go and find it. It starts with PMQs last Wednesday with May stating 'we will never let you govern'

I am not your ******* researcher, you lazy twat.
So no mention of a coup then.

It would be sad if it were true. I understand this was investigated by the education authority and it never happened. It was possibly a figment of the Colonels imagination.
But He is a 'ero, like I is

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why don't you go and find it. It starts with PMQs last Wednesday with May stating 'we will never let you govern'

I am not your ******* researcher, you lazy twat.
So nothing about a coup, just your usual hysteria. Just to help you out a little it's impossible to research something that has never happened.

Bravo AM, it's been a while since someone was given such a comprehensive squelching on Arrse. Given how long it took him to get over the shock of seeing JC's manor house, there's a strong chance that he may retire to his safe space indefinitely.
No chance.

Corbyn said something about better accommodation and TACOS. You are unlikely to end up somewhere hot and sandy surrounded by people who want to kill you, I'm guessing.
Which party was in power that sent us to somewhere hot and sandy surrounded by people who want to kill us?

Take your pick. Mid Staffordshire, thousands dead from neglect. Described by the Guardian thus "Mid Staffs" has become a byword for NHS care at its most negligent. It is often described as the worst hospital care scandal of recent times. In 2009 Sir Ian Kennedy, the chairman of the Healthcare Commission, the regulator of NHS care standards at the time, said it was the most shocking scandal he had investigated.

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells. 90 dead from Cdiff as a direct result of management policies.

Ipswich Hospital. At the time, one of only two hospital in the country to be served with an emergency order threatening closure if it didn't improve. Patients were dying because surgical instruments were not being sterilised properly. Others died because of rat faeces in the food.

Where I live, a boy died from an asthma attack because there were no ambulances to take him to hospital. There were no ambulances because they were all parked up in the hospital car park with patients in the back. The hospital would not allow patients to enter A&E until staff were certain that they could be treated within 4 hours. People died so that Gordon could claim that everybody was seen within four hours in A&E.

That is true. IIRC health spending tripled under Labour in the Blair/Brown years. Yet, by any measure, patient outcomes got worse. Money was flushed away as fast as the Gordon could sign the cheques. My local hospital boasted one of the biggest diversity departments in the country. Free copies of Gay News for anybody who wanted them. A drop in centre for those interested in gender reassignment.

Overwhelmingly, money was hosed down the drain on Public/Private Partnership deals where the government didn't read the small print. Hundred quid to replace a light bulb? No problem. My local hospital built a private wing with PPP cash while they were closing NHS wards. Patients, including my wife, were told that they couldn't be admitted to hospital unless they could pay £350 per night for a room in the private ward.

That is a fekkin' outrage and it only stopped when the Tories took power. The formerly private ward is now full of NHS patients.

No they weren't. Waiting lists from diagnosis to treatment were the lowest ever. Let me give you an example from personal experience. I have a chronic condition that flares up from time to time. Normally fairly harmless but it can be fatal if left untreated for a long time. On arrival at my GP's surgery, we both knew what was wrong and he referred me to a consultant. Eighteen months later, I was getting desperate and I paid to go private. The consultant diagnosed my condition as life threatening and I was in hospital in a week. How long do you reckon I was officially on the waiting list?

Surely Maggie's fault, same as the manky hospitals and mismanagement under Blair and Brown.

I don't believe that Labour politicians are evil, they're just incompetent. Every Labour government since the first one has increased unemployment, inflation, debt and poverty. I don't believe that this is deliberate. People like John Prescott who, by his own admission, can't read and write very well, can't be expected to manage multi billion pound organisations like the NHS. He may be a tw@t but, in Labour's book, he's the people's tw@t and the people must have him, whatever the consequences.

Not forgetting Glan Clwyd Hospital in Wales under special measures due to mismanagement, under a devolved Welsh Labour assembly

Hospital survival rates in Wales are lower than in England over most types of illness, all a credit to Labours unique style of management