Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Can anyone explain the latest labour 'policy' as decided on following 5 1/2 hours of talks? They're not saying one way or the other on brexit, they're not saying their exact position, they're saying the want a general election (but that's not their decision). What is their position?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Can anyone explain the latest labour 'policy' as decided on following 5 1/2 hours of talks? They're not saying one way or the other on brexit, they're not saying their exact position, they're saying the want a general election (but that's not their decision). What is their position?
Their position is simple. It is one that ensures they can't be blamed for anything! It seems that their thinking goes along the lines of if we do or say nothing then we won't be blamed!

Take a look at their leader; if he can't lead his Party, how on earth could he lead the country? Labour are so split they couldn't come up with an agreed policy if they discussed for 51/2 days/weeks/years!

Their position is simple. It is one that ensures they can't be blamed for anything! It seems that their thinking goes along the lines of if we do or say nothing then we won't be blamed!
That's how I sort of seen it but I thought I must be mistaken and someone could explain.

First of what I am sure will be many entertaining moments.

How dare some one remind people an MP is supposed to represent everyone in their patch, not just the ideologically pure.

She'll be gone by breakfast.

Those "special" police squads that spent years investigating hippys whose crimes inculded not washing and protesting complete waste of time and effort. Not terrorists not convicted of any crime yet infiltrated by the police who thought it was fine to have affairs with "targets"

I listened to Mr McDonnell being interviewed this morning.
He was explaining the "worker involvement" scheme Labour are going to implement.
Apparently, over time (10 years?), companies will be required to give shares to their employees up to a maximum of 10%.
The shares will be held "centrally" on behalf of them and they will receive dividends, to a maximum of £500. Any excess will go to government funds.
What could possibly go wrong?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Those "special" police squads that spent years investigating hippys whose crimes inculded not washing and protesting complete waste of time and effort. Not terrorists not convicted of any crime yet infiltrated by the police who thought it was fine to have affairs with "targets"
Sounds like you have an agenda there BH, one that the rest of the country doesn't have.

Maybe hippies should be a bit more discerning about who they open their legs to?

Look mate, you need to stop reading what Corbyn and his mates put out.

They Don't.

John McDonnell insists he did not read leaflet he signed calling for MI5 to be disbanded

Thing is, this was in English not Arabic. You can't run the "oh, whose grave was That?" Defence.

Don't get me wrong, the Conservatives are tools who have ignored the rise in crime which doesn't suit them.

The Labour front brench are blind to the real world and who would ignore the threat from their chums in Russia or other hostile states.

I'd like to live in a world of no borders, rivers of chocolate and unicorns - but the Roman writer Virgil was right
So presumably McDonnell was present but not involved when he read the leaflet

Would that include those same squads who also worked against the Extreme Right Wing then?

Because the same unit did both. Or so the book that revealed the allegations alleges.

Undercover: The True Story of Britain's Secret Police Paul Lewis and Rob Evans – review

Because hedgehog rescue needs investigating and you target the stephen lawrence campaign that got started because the met fucked up a simple murder investigation because the chief detective was corrupt less protecting citizens more trying to cover their own arses

Its an intresting arguement with few very notable exceptions most people vote on party lines I can name my mp just most people cant so mps are eminantly replaceable. The so called moderates have continued the fight against are dear leader long after it was lost regardless of his popularity and now discovering the continued booming membership is getting tired of their shit.

Its an intresting arguement with few very notable exceptions most people vote on party lines I can name my mp just most people cant so mps are eminantly replaceable. The so called moderates have continued the fight against are dear leader long after it was lost regardless of his popularity and now discovering the continued booming membership is getting tired of their shit.
It depends on the MP - Labour wouldn't relish the prospect of taking on Frank Field as an independent.

The systematic deselection of moderates removes the fiction of fighting the extremists from within, accelerates the shift to the Left and repels the floating voters.

Nor is support necessarily as unconditional as you make out. As Labour discovered in Scotland, people vote on party lines until they suddenly don't.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Because hedgehog rescue needs investigating and you target the stephen lawrence campaign that got started because the met fucked up a simple murder investigation because the chief detective was corrupt less protecting citizens more trying to cover their own arses
Is this you returned just to burn your anti police hatred over the site - yet again?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It depends on the MP - Labour wouldn't relish the prospect of taking on Frank Field as an independent.

The systematic deselection of moderates removes the fiction of fighting the extremists from within, accelerates the shift to the Left and repels the floating voters.

Nor is support necessarily as unconditional as you make out. As Labour discovered in Scotland, people vote on party lines until they suddenly don't.
Isn't life strange. A few years ago Labour MPs and potential MPs thought the Tories were their enemy! How things change! :twisted: