Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

in later life I have a photo with a black cap and gowned from the University of Huddersfield.
Photoshop is great

I two failed my 11 plus and at the time couldn't understand why. In later life I realised that at that age I was as thick as too* short planks nailed together. But now in later life I have a photo with a black cap and gowned from the University of Huddersfield. Now that surprised a lot of the family.

*yes I no it was to accentuate the point and sea if any one noticed.
It surprised me too. Huddersfield has a university? Every day a school day etc

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Politics by its very nature is partisan. Politicians don't tend to ever agree on the small details.
You're absolutely right that politics is partisan, but you don't seem to ask yourself the question: how did that happen? In light of that, I disagree with your statement that politicians don't ever tend to agree on small details. It's not "small details", in my opinion, but much rather starkly conflicting ideologies!

Every UK gobment is constitutionally charged with improving "the lot" of the country. But that's not what happens in reality, is it? The fact is that every UK gobment has no other choice but to bow to the demands of those who really run the country and to make sure that the privileged classes are not disadvantaged in any way, either socially or financially gives us a real insight as to the real objectives. For any UK gobment that hopes to survive, it's basically a question of doing all it can to preserve the status quo and ensure that the past and present "class structure" is perpetuated. And that in the 21st Century!

MsG

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
You're absolutely right that politics is partisan, but you don't seem to ask yourself the question: how did that happen? In light of that, I disagree with your statement that politicians don't ever tend to agree on small details. It's not "small details", in my opinion, but much rather starkly conflicting ideologies!

Every UK gobment is constitutionally charged with improving "the lot" of the country. But that's not what happens in reality, is it? The fact is that every UK gobment has no other choice but to bow to the demands of those who really run the country and to make sure that the privileged classes are not disadvantaged in any way, either socially or financially gives us a real insight as to the real objectives. For any UK gobment that hopes to survive, it's basically a question of doing all it can to preserve the status quo and ensure that the past and present "class structure" is perpetuated. And that in the 21st Century!

MsG
What utter bollocks.

It surprised me too. Huddersfield has a university? Every day a school day etc
It’s not a proper University though is it? They used to be called something totally different back in the day, but Polytechnic didn’t suit the oh so modern, liberal thinking elite, who supposedly run this country.
Education, Education, Education as someone once said - turned out well that one!

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
" i m not working class, I don't work "

young doley to mr prescott once
sorry beaten to it above

What utter bollocks.
To be fair, there may be some good points in there, but personally, I see the word ‘gobment’ and don’t bother reading any further.
@DaManBugs - you post some decent stuff on here, why not drop the unfunny, made up words?

MsG
Bugsy, you are mistaken if you believe that MPs want to maintain a status quo. Why do they pander to minority groups? That is hardly going with the status quo is it?
Politicians are simply people who believe that they know what's best.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
To be fair, there may be some good points in there, but personally, I see the word ‘gobment’ and don’t bother reading any further.
@DaManBugs - you post some decent stuff on here, why not drop the unfunny, made up words?
There isn't, same old shtick, apparently there has been no change in anything since Parliment started, just them keeping everything the same.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
There isn't, same old shtick, apparently there has been no change in anything since Parliment started, just them keeping everything the same.
Oh, deary me, Bobby's (Helm)et! You're essentially right in what you state, but when I see total gakkers like you use the word "Parliment", I truly despair, indeed I do. Have you ever thought of actually learning how to read and write to an acceptable standard, fella? Just a thought there.:-D:-D:-D

MsG

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh, deary me, Bobby's (Helm)et! You're essentially right in what you state, but when I see total gakkers like you use the word "Parliment", I truly despair, indeed I do. Have you ever thought of actually learning how to read and write to an acceptable standard, fella? Just a thought there.:-D:-D:-D

MsG
So you're deflecting, not working though is it, you posted bollocks and got caught. . . Again. I made a spelling mistake, well done you for spotting it, now about this word gobment you constantly use.

It’s not a proper University though is it? They used to be called something totally different back in the day, but Polytechnic didn’t suit the oh so modern, liberal thinking elite, who supposedly run this country.
Education, Education, Education as someone once said - turned out well that one!
Imagine. 18 years old, leaving home for the first time. The heady thrill of independence. New friends, new experiences, adventure. Freshers week, undergrad parties and a limitless, consequence free world of student nights. All the promise of youth turning into adulthood that is university.

And you wind up in Huddersfield.

Imagine. 18 years old, leaving home for the first time. The heady thrill of independence. New friends, new experiences, adventure. Freshers week, undergrad parties and a limitless, consequence free world of student nights. All the promise of youth turning into adulthood that is university.

And you wind up in Huddersfield.
It could be worse. At least Huddersfield was a Polytechnic.
You could end up in Bolton which is also a sh!thole and the "universirty" was formerly Bolton Technical College.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
So you're deflecting, not working though is it, you posted bollocks and got caught. . . Again. I made a spelling mistake, well done you for spotting it, now about this word gobment you constantly use.
Oh, deary me again, Bobby's (Helm)et! That set of "statements" alone should be more than enough to prove my point. Which is; you don't have the education to engage in any serious written discussion and you don't have the intelligence to realise it.

I actually deliberately spell the word "government" as "gobment" to make a particular point, while you misspell words because you're just a total thickie and don't know any better, fella! That's the difference between us, mush!:smile::smile::smile:

MsG

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh, deary me again, Bobby's (Helm)et! That set of "statements" alone should be more than enough to prove my point. Which is; you don't have the education to engage in any serious written discussion and you don't have the intelligence to realise it.

I actually deliberately spell the word "government" as "gobment" to make a particular point, while you misspell words because you're just a total thickie and don't know any better, fella! That's the difference between us, mush!:smile::smile::smile:

MsG
More deflection, still not working though is it. You posted tripe as usual.