Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Most of them are too young to remember "The Troubles"
History is incredibly badly taught in schools.
No doubt because history is incredibly inconvenient to anyone concerned with 'creating a 'narrative'.

She should have a field day at the next PMQs. Corbyn should be sat squirming in his seat and left with no option but to resign.
I'm not sure that's May's game.

Her only viable strategy for political survival is to cling on, beat Jeremy Corbyn in the next election and then continue as PM on that mandate. It's a long shot, but May only ever considers May and has a considerable talent for self-delusion.

As long as Corbyn's leading Labour and making them unelectable, she's in with a shout on the back of the fear factor. If he goes, she's toast if pretty much anyone but Abbott gets the job.

I'm not sure that's May's game.

Her only viable strategy for political survival is to cling on, beat Jeremy Corbyn in the next election and then continue as PM on that mandate. It's a long shot, but May only ever considers May and has a considerable talent for self-delusion.

As long as Corbyn's leading Labour and making them unelectable, she's in with a shout on the back of the fear factor. If he goes, she's toast if pretty much anyone but Abbott gets the job.
Fully agree. But, I think there are far more treacherous Labour toads waiting in the background for Corbyn to go. They will make Corbyn look like a saint. TM may further increase her chances by getting one of them in to power.

I think that's the point. As far as I'm aware this event took place before Corbyn was selected for the leadership. He has spent his entire career in protest about everything (think Monty Python's Judean popular front) He has always been and still is, that annoying student who always thought they were right on and trendy, jumping on every protest bandwagon that came along.
When this sort of behaviour is confined to a University campus it is harmless (and indeed funny) and the vast majority grow up and get on with their lives. When this sort of behaviour is carried out by the leader of Her Majesty's (loyal?) opposition, it is dangerous. Corbyn is out of his depth politically and couldn't run a bath without instructions. The real danger is who is pulling the strings. McDonnell and Milne are the real problem.
It's the Judean People's Front. You must be confusing them with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Judea, a bunch of reactionary old right-wing dodderers.

On the subject of Corbyn, what sort of leftie would he be if he didn't support Palestinian terrorism. It's practically a requirement for his job. Apart from that, appealing to the Muslim voter is a better bet than appealing to the Jewish voter, British Muslims outnumbering their Jewish counterparts by about 10 : 1.

You should be grateful that Corbyn is out of his depth. If he wasn't he may have wiped the floor with Theresa May in last year's general election. For an incompetent to increase the Labour representation in the HoC by 30 and manage a 9.6% swing for Labour is not a bad result.

It's the Judean People's Front. You must be confusing them with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Judea, a bunch of reactionary old right-wing dodderers.

On the subject of Corbyn, what sort of leftie would he be if he didn't support Palestinian terrorism. It's practically a requirement for his job. Apart from that, appealing to the Muslim voter is a better bet than appealing to the Jewish voter, British Muslims outnumbering their Jewish counterparts by about 10 : 1.

You should be grateful that Corbyn is out of his depth. If he wasn't he may have wiped the floor with Theresa May in last year's general election. For an incompetent to increase the Labour representation in the HoC by 30 and manage a 9.6% swing for Labour is not a bad result.
Judean People's Front?
Splitters!

Fully agree. But, I think there are far more treacherous Labour toads waiting in the background for Corbyn to go. They will make Corbyn look like a saint. TM may further increase her chances by getting one of them in to power.
The real worry, as I said in an early part of this thread, is that Momentum completes its body snatching of the Labour Party and then, his purpose served, Corbyn gets replaced by a more effective operator with less baggage.

At the moment I can't see the Tories beating Labour without the Corbyn factor.

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I've just relaised that Citizen Smiith was a documentary. Jezza seems a perfect fit for the Tooting Popular Front.

The really sad thing for the UK at the minute is that with Corbyn and Labour completely on the ropes the Govt should be easily able to call a snap election and gain a vast majority - sadly, for the Govt, they have Teresa May in charge and it really isn't clear who would win between the terrorist loving, jew hating, incompetent, anti-UK, traitor on one hand and the incompetent, gutless, easily led, socially inep, lying, scheming, back stabbing, traitoress on the other!