Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Antisemitism seems to be persistent throughout history.

All that can be done is to try and root it out where it's found.

Hopefully labour will try to tackle the issue
You are even starting to sound like a Labour Party member of the NEC! No condemnation, not us guv, it was a big boy and he ran away!

You are even starting to sound like a Labour Party member of the NEC! No condemnation, not us guv, it was a big boy and he ran away!
I'm not a member of the Labour party.

What exactly is wrong with my view that anti semitism needs to be trampled in the Labour party?

As pointed out in my post 30,286 This could well come back & bite Labour in the backside..

My bold.. you may have noticed over the past few years those "traditional, core, northern" votes are being replaced rapidly by the fastest growing ethnicity/religion in the UK and hence are becoming less relevant or influential on Labours policies.
It would appear to me than the opening of the flood gates under Blair and the subsequent rise in numbers of incomers are all part of the current Labour thinking, to eliminate the traditional British culture and replace it with a new Soviet style state. They are sadly forgetting/ignoring that the same ethnic/religious group has ingrained into their beliefs that their religion will take precedence over ANY other considerations and in a very short space of time these same complicit politicians of the left will be replaced by a THEOCRACY with everything being governed by sharia law.!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm not a member of the Labour party.

What exactly is wrong with my view that anti semitism needs to be trampled in the Labour party?
I didn't say you were and your view, as posted, is exactly as the Labour Party have been saying, no real action at all. You did not say Labour should, just you hope. Still if you can't see it then probably too late for you.

I didn't say you were and your view, as posted, is exactly as the Labour Party have been saying, no real action at all. You did not say Labour should, just you hope. Still if you can't see it then probably too late for you.
See what? Labour don't seem to be doing enough to stamp out the problem, which I acknowledged.

That it doesn't seem to have damaged their polling figures as one might expect seems to indicate that anti semitism, or indifference to it, might be a problem in wider society.

What action should they take, in your opinion?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As pointed out in my post 30,286 This could well come back & bite Labour in the backside..

My bold.. you may have noticed over the past few years those "traditional, core, northern" votes are being replaced rapidly by the fastest growing ethnicity/religion in the UK and hence are becoming less relevant or influential on Labours policies.
It would appear to me than the opening of the flood gates under Blair and the subsequent rise in numbers of incomers are all part of the current Labour thinking, to eliminate the traditional British culture and replace it with a new Soviet style state. They are sadly forgetting/ignoring that the same ethnic/religious group has ingrained into their beliefs that their religion will take precedence over ANY other considerations and in a very short space of time these same complicit politicians of the left will be replaced by a THEOCRACY with everything being governed by sharia law.!!
Labour's strongholds have always been the urban or industrialised areas. As the latter are shrinking they are being forced back into their urban strongholds, which in many instances has large non white ethnic groups. These are becoming more and more important and I would not be in the least surprised if a new Party rose from these areas. As it stands Labour are targeting these groups, and really are the only party that is doing so.

The face of politics in Britain is changing.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
See what? Labour don't seem to be doing enough to stamp out the problem, which I acknowledged.

That it doesn't seem to have damaged their polling figures as one might expect seems to indicate that anti semitism, or indifference to it, might be a problem in wider society.

What action should they take, in your opinion?
Again, typical, just push it back to the questioner. Hopeless.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It was part rhetorical psrt statement but never mind that will have flown right by you. You are going off on this tangent just to get away from your airey fairy dismissal of the anti-Semitism apparently rife in the upper levels of the Labour Party, even though they deny it.

Anyway, enough of this distracting from the poor stance by Labour, at least they are admitting there is a problem, well almost admit!

Labour to 'get it right' on anti-Semitism

1.There is something the Labour Party have forgotten. That block of Muslim votes is doubling every ten years. (That's from UK government statistics) So what are the likes of Kinnock/Blair/Corbyn's decendants going to do? That Sharia state is a lot closer than anyone appears to comprehend and the aforementioned will have no place in it.
2.Just check out the number of muslim mayors of major cities. Andy Burnham is very much the odd one out. Khan already uses the expression "my city" when referring to London, there are two ways of interpreting that. Think about that very carefully. Your children's future is a muslim Britain.
3.The Jews do have ultimately a homeland, rightly or wrongly, hard fought for. They will fight to the death to survive and sustain their country. Our Jewish people can find a refuge there. I hope they do not have to. France is already seeing an exodus. This is a sad state of affairs.
4.Millenials have no comprehension of the gathering storm clouds. When they chant "Jeremy Corbyn" their innocent naivity sends a chill down my spine. Depressingly, the other bunch are almost as bad. The changes I have seen in society during the past forty years do not encourage optimism.

Here endeth the lesson.

The sad bit is this will be something for our children to cope with not us, they will be the ones to suffer ultimately

I'm just happy to live in the arrse end of nowhere, and can safely watch the world burn and say I told you so

It was part rhetorical psrt statement but never mind that will have flown right by you. You are going off on this tangent just to get away from your airey fairy dismissal of the anti-Semitism apparently rife in the upper levels of the Labour Party, even though they deny it.

Anyway, enough of this distracting from the poor stance by Labour, at least they are admitting there is a problem, well almost admit!

Labour to 'get it right' on anti-Semitism
I've not dismissed antisemitism.

I've not dismissed antisemitism.
What he actually wrote was "your airey fairy dismissal of the anti-Semitism apparently rife in the upper levels of the Labour Party". So you are correct in that you did not dismiss anti-Semitism per se, but you appear to be suggesting that it is a problem in wider society which is affecting all organisations equally, and is not something which is disproportionately affecting Labour, which I believe is the position of most, and which is the point of AY's post, that you were dismissive of the levels of anti-Semitism within Labour.

What he actually wrote was "your airey fairy dismissal of the anti-Semitism apparently rife in the upper levels of the Labour Party". So you are correct in that you did not dismiss anti-Semitism per se, but you appear to be suggesting that it is a problem in wider society which is affecting all organisations equally, and is not something which is disproportionately affecting Labour, which I believe is the position of most, and which is the point of AY's post, that you were dismissive of the levels of anti-Semitism within Labour.
No. Never said or implied anything of the kind. Twisting the meaning of my words.

Stated multiple times that Labour need to stamp out antisemitism.

Crystal clear from my previous posts.

Are you arguing that antisemitism isn't a problem in wider society, whether that be of the same or different magnitude?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No. Never said or implied anything of the kind. Twisting the meaning of my words.

Stated multiple times that Labour need to stamp out antisemitism.

Crystal clear from my previous posts
Actually it was far from crystal - hence my earlier posts.

In the most respectful way, you often seem to fail to understand what has been posted
He wasn't the only one who got the impression that you were downplaying Labour's anti-Semitism. You might think that your posts are crystal clear, but if those reading them interpret the message in a way you didn't intend, is that their fault, or yours?

Are you arguing that antisemitism isn't a problem in wider society, whether that be of the same or different magnitude?
Even the most obtuse person couldn't suggest that they were able to read that into what I wrote. Trying to use such a specious argument is classic deflection.

Even the most obtuse person couldn't suggest that they were able to read that into what I wrote. Trying to use such a specious argument is classic deflection.
That is exactly what you and wild yin appear to be doing to my original post.

Is the next step to paint me as antisemitic?