Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

About as much chance as the Pope staggering down the Ormeau Road on the 12th, roaring out 'The Sash' at the top of his voice.
Improbable, to be sure; but it's worth noting that his predecessor in 1690 ordered bonfires to be lit in Rome in celebration of King Billy's victory at the Boyne. Oddly enough, that doesn't get a mention in The Sash.

There's a sweet irony in having a 'equality' section that mainly discusses having lists, groups or roles that forbid certain members joining. That's real equality for you

I think this one too may have some weird outcomes

View attachment 343275
Didn't someone in the Labour party try that, claiming his self-identified as a female, on Wednesdays? Then promptly got suspended as everyone higher up* had a sense of humour failure and failed to spot the very valid point he was making.

*I wanted to use the phrase "Chain of command" here, but I felt that there's very little organised command and control going on in any political party at the moment. Really we need a better phrase. "Higher levels of peter principle" could work I suppose.

Don't be silly only white Christian people (who are probably straight and male) dislike Jews.

Having read your link there are certain views that people can have on Jews, that doesn't mean they are antisemitic they just aren't toeing the party line. Like this bit
Twenty-five percent of British Muslims believe that Jews ‘exploit Holocaust victimhood for their own purposes’ — versus ten percent of Britons overall.

Quite a few of them do.

Don't be silly only white Christian people (who are probably straight and male) dislike Jews.

Having read your link there are certain views that people can have on Jews, that doesn't mean they are antisemitic they just aren't toeing the party line. Like this bit
Twenty-five percent of British Muslims believe that Jews ‘exploit Holocaust victimhood for their own purposes’ — versus ten percent of Britons overall.

Quite a few of them do.
I quite agree. My point is that electoral arithmetic makes this a non-issue for Labour.

Antisemitism seems to be persistent throughout history.

All that can be done is to try and root it out where it's found.

Hopefully labour will try to tackle the issue

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Antisemitism seems to be persistent throughout history.

All that can be done is to try and root it out where it's found.

Hopefully labour will try to tackle the issue
You are even starting to sound like a Labour Party member of the NEC! No condemnation, not us guv, it was a big boy and he ran away!

You are even starting to sound like a Labour Party member of the NEC! No condemnation, not us guv, it was a big boy and he ran away!
I'm not a member of the Labour party.

What exactly is wrong with my view that anti semitism needs to be trampled in the Labour party?

As pointed out in my post 30,286 This could well come back & bite Labour in the backside..

My bold.. you may have noticed over the past few years those "traditional, core, northern" votes are being replaced rapidly by the fastest growing ethnicity/religion in the UK and hence are becoming less relevant or influential on Labours policies.
It would appear to me than the opening of the flood gates under Blair and the subsequent rise in numbers of incomers are all part of the current Labour thinking, to eliminate the traditional British culture and replace it with a new Soviet style state. They are sadly forgetting/ignoring that the same ethnic/religious group has ingrained into their beliefs that their religion will take precedence over ANY other considerations and in a very short space of time these same complicit politicians of the left will be replaced by a THEOCRACY with everything being governed by sharia law.!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm not a member of the Labour party.

What exactly is wrong with my view that anti semitism needs to be trampled in the Labour party?
I didn't say you were and your view, as posted, is exactly as the Labour Party have been saying, no real action at all. You did not say Labour should, just you hope. Still if you can't see it then probably too late for you.

I didn't say you were and your view, as posted, is exactly as the Labour Party have been saying, no real action at all. You did not say Labour should, just you hope. Still if you can't see it then probably too late for you.
See what? Labour don't seem to be doing enough to stamp out the problem, which I acknowledged.

That it doesn't seem to have damaged their polling figures as one might expect seems to indicate that anti semitism, or indifference to it, might be a problem in wider society.

What action should they take, in your opinion?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As pointed out in my post 30,286 This could well come back & bite Labour in the backside..

My bold.. you may have noticed over the past few years those "traditional, core, northern" votes are being replaced rapidly by the fastest growing ethnicity/religion in the UK and hence are becoming less relevant or influential on Labours policies.
It would appear to me than the opening of the flood gates under Blair and the subsequent rise in numbers of incomers are all part of the current Labour thinking, to eliminate the traditional British culture and replace it with a new Soviet style state. They are sadly forgetting/ignoring that the same ethnic/religious group has ingrained into their beliefs that their religion will take precedence over ANY other considerations and in a very short space of time these same complicit politicians of the left will be replaced by a THEOCRACY with everything being governed by sharia law.!!
Labour's strongholds have always been the urban or industrialised areas. As the latter are shrinking they are being forced back into their urban strongholds, which in many instances has large non white ethnic groups. These are becoming more and more important and I would not be in the least surprised if a new Party rose from these areas. As it stands Labour are targeting these groups, and really are the only party that is doing so.

The face of politics in Britain is changing.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
See what? Labour don't seem to be doing enough to stamp out the problem, which I acknowledged.

That it doesn't seem to have damaged their polling figures as one might expect seems to indicate that anti semitism, or indifference to it, might be a problem in wider society.

What action should they take, in your opinion?
Again, typical, just push it back to the questioner. Hopeless.