Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

For the many, f*** the few
I thought the Labour slogan was "For the many, not the Jew"
Or the politically incorrect version "For the Mussie not the Jew"
It occurred to me that (Moslems and Jews aside) one could substitute a couple of Russian words which have entered the English lexicon, in place of "many" and "few". "For the Bolsheviks, not the Mensheviks" could be what they were really thinking when they came up with that.

It occurred to me that (Moslems and Jews aside) one could substitute a couple of Russian words which have entered the English lexicon, in place of "many" and "few". "For the Bolsheviks, not the Mensheviks" could be what they were really thinking when they came up with that.

Taking into account the Corbynite/Momentum nature of the current Labour Party, it could be any number of connotations along the line of "For the Peoples Front of Judea, not the Judean Peoples' Front"...

And what's your opinion of it ?
As I said in the post you quoted, it confuses people, and it could be explained a lot better. I also think that the way some of the parties (SNP in particular, though Labour also seem to have a similar MO) canvass their supporters, they are taking advantage of the lack of understanding to, effectively, give their supporters greater voting power than the general population.

Taking into account the Corbynite/Momentum nature of the current Labour Party, it could be any number of connotations along the line of "For the Peoples Front of Judea, not the Judean Peoples' Front"...
I take it you don't see the parallels between the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party of just over 100 years ago, and the Labour Party under Corbyn.

I take it you don't see the parallels between the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party of just over 100 years ago, and the Labour Party under Corbyn.
Nyet tovarisch

There's supposed to be a difference?

Meanwhile the Tories have suspended a potential candidate for councillor for posting a rather thoughtless tweet:

"sweating like a Jew in an attic"
Hardly antisemitic but certainly offensive to many.

They (Labour) are having a rather torrid time of it, at the moment:

"A Labour activist has been expelled for bringing the party into disrepute after a verbal attack on a Jewish MP at the launch of an anti-Semitism report.
Marc Wadsworth accused Ruth Smeeth of working "hand in hand" with the media to undermine Labour.
Labour's National Constitutional Committee found he breached the party's rules and should be thrown out.

The announcement followed a high-profile disciplinary hearing in which Mrs Smeeth gave evidence against him. . . . "

Labour activist expelled over verbal attack

This at a time when they should be kicking the righteous bejaysus out of the odious Rudd - and yet . . .