Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I think we may start to see a change to that. In my area we would have anyone who had a red badge and with a 10-15k majority. Our local MP is good but not a JC lover and iI will be surprised if he does not get reelected next time. But I think the UKIP effect will become more prominent, not because people are voting UKIP but because UKIP caused them to vote outside the morm.
Jezza isn't a fan of the EU though, If May accepts a shit deal that basically means we obey most if not all the rules of the EU, he'll hoover up the Brexit vote

Jezza isn't a fan of the EU though, If May accepts a shit deal that basically means we obey most if not all the rules of the EU, he'll hoover up the Brexit vote
Except he's backed himself into a corner and is pretending to like the EU to keep the remainers in his party happy

Brexit is dividing both parties, with the real irony like you state Corbyn is anti brexit but has to pretend to like the EU to keep the Labour remainers happy, whilst May is pro brexit but is having to pretend to be a brexiter because she's promised brexit and is beholden to the brexiters in her party

Except he's backed himself into a corner and is pretending to like the EU to keep the remainers in his party happy

Brexit is dividing both parties, with the real irony like you state Corbyn is anti brexit but has to pretend to like the EU to keep the Labour remainers happy, whilst May is pro brexit but is having to pretend to be a brexiter because she's promised brexit and is beholden to the brexiters in her party
But labour won't be the ones to push through a Brexit deal. That will be the conservatives who everyone will blame if it's shit

Don't bloody care as long as we get the hell out and sharpish!

Plus May was looking at some damage from UKIP, if she doesn't do a good enough job UKIP could rise from its ashes and give her a malleting. If she gets a good enough, or even almost good enough result UKIP will be dead though.

And our entire political world is hamstrung by this unnecessary crap for the next decade or more.

Oh well. At least it gives Dandruff Frog the chance to hoover up a bit of limelight.

The post you quoted was in response to a call for Proportional Representation. The system you describe is not PR. We already have the system you describe in use for local council elections, and it confuses people, and should be explained a lot better. We also have a hybrid fptp/PR system for the election of MSPs in Scotland where some seats are constituency seats, with voters voting directly for individuals, and some seats are allocated to parties, where the left-over votes for individuals are used to hand out seats to the party of those individuals, and the party decides (beforehand, by means of a list) who gets those seats, which means people can be elected without anyone voting for them.
AV is a more equitable system than FPTP & keeps representation tied to each constituency.
Not that I think this is as important as it seems, as most voters appear to make their choice on Party lines, rather than their representative's personal suitability (eg Diane Abbott)

We already have the system you describe in use for local council elections
Really?
Not here we don't.

For the many, f*** the few
I thought the Labour slogan was "For the many, not the Jew"
Or the politically incorrect version "For the Mussie not the Jew"
It occurred to me that (Moslems and Jews aside) one could substitute a couple of Russian words which have entered the English lexicon, in place of "many" and "few". "For the Bolsheviks, not the Mensheviks" could be what they were really thinking when they came up with that.

It occurred to me that (Moslems and Jews aside) one could substitute a couple of Russian words which have entered the English lexicon, in place of "many" and "few". "For the Bolsheviks, not the Mensheviks" could be what they were really thinking when they came up with that.

Taking into account the Corbynite/Momentum nature of the current Labour Party, it could be any number of connotations along the line of "For the Peoples Front of Judea, not the Judean Peoples' Front"...