Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

So what proportion of those suspended or accused of anti-semitism are Muslim then? Here’s a clue, whilst it’s there, it’s not a big one.
One would almost think Labour didn't want to address antisemitism amongst a certain religious demographic within the Party for fear of losing their support...

I've just had a look at the BBC News website & in particular their UK & Politics pages.
Apart from one 40 second, sidebar video link, there is no mention of this meeting whatsoever.
I guess its conclusions doesn't fit with the BBC's support for the left, no matter what...

Not so: the "alternative vote" system is one where you're still voting for a constituency MP in exactly the same manner as now, only if no one candidate gets 50.1% of the vote, voters' whose first preference came 3rd or worse then have their "alternative" choice of candidate come into play.
It's still not perfect viz national share of the vote but far better than FPTP.
The post you quoted was in response to a call for Proportional Representation. The system you describe is not PR. We already have the system you describe in use for local council elections, and it confuses people, and should be explained a lot better. We also have a hybrid fptp/PR system for the election of MSPs in Scotland where some seats are constituency seats, with voters voting directly for individuals, and some seats are allocated to parties, where the left-over votes for individuals are used to hand out seats to the party of those individuals, and the party decides (beforehand, by means of a list) who gets those seats, which means people can be elected without anyone voting for them.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ouch...

Jeremy Corbyn himself has associated with Holocaust denial promulgators Paul Eisen and Dyab Abou Jahjah; supported 9/11 conspiracy theorist Stephen Sizer and blood libel cleric Raed Salah; expressed support for a mural with crude stereotypes of Jewish bankers; and Ken Livingstone still has not been thrown out of the party despite his claims about Hitler and Zionism.

Corbyn blames antisemitism on “individuals on the fringes of the movement of solidarity with the Palestinian people”, but never seems to ask why he personally has been so close to people with these views, or if there is anything intrinsic to his own political culture that attracts antisemites.

The only people alive today who were born in Britain under a non-coalition government that are not the usual suspects are Bessie Camm and Olive Boar, who are 113 years old.

Everybody else younger than those two ladies has seen nothing but Labour and Tory governments.
Unless I’ve misread your post you’re some ten years out: Asquith led a Liberal government till he formed the first WW1 coalition in May 1915, so there are probably several hundred Britons still alive who were born before then.

One would almost think Labour didn't want to address antisemitism amongst a certain religious demographic within the Party for fear of losing their support...
Interesting comment, was in Australia before Christmas and noted comment in press there that the rise in antisemitism in Oz was due to Aus Lab courting the Islamic vote there.

They are less than 1% of the greater Manchester population though, so they can be safely ignored.
In the greater scheme of things your are right, in general they are far too depressed to hold a block over a number of seats. To the majority of the UK voting populus it does not go far up the GAF meter but it does distract the Labour party from getting its message through on other topics.

They are less than 1% of the greater Manchester population though, so they can be safely ignored.
It’s beyond the number of Jewish voters now, the message is Corbyn is useless, does not do criticisms or any action contrary to the party line will be punished. He has been exposed yet again and this will reflect with the non traditional Labour voter, plus the Tories are assembling a mighty file for future use.

A bit like Labour ignore the working class because they're is more votes in chasing antisemitic Muslims
They ignore the working class because the stupid cnuts will continue to vote labour no matter what they say or do.

It’s beyond the number of Jewish voters now, the message is Corbyn is useless, does not do criticisms or any action contrary to the party line will be punished. He has been exposed yet again and this will reflect with the non traditional Labour voter, plus the Tories are assembling a mighty file for future use.
I don't think the majority of the country care about his views on Jews. Unfortunately as I keep saying people will vote for him on the basis he isn't a Tory.

I don't think the majority of the country care about his views on Jews. Unfortunately as I keep saying people will vote for him on the basis he isn't a Tory.
On that basis the public must be confused should they vote the center left party in government because it isn't a Tory party or the extreme left wing Labour Party

I think we may start to see a change to that. In my area we would have anyone who had a red badge and with a 10-15k majority. Our local MP is good but not a JC lover and iI will be surprised if he does not get reelected next time. But I think the UKIP effect will become more prominent, not because people are voting UKIP but because UKIP caused them to vote outside the morm.