Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Posted on the parliamentary discussion thread, but oh dear -does not seem to have gone well.

It’s interesting, to me it feels like a shit union report on an unsuccessful negotiation. I’ll be interested to see what Corbyns detailed response to the meeting is

There seems to be an awful lot of rhetoric and some high bars/goal post moves by the jewish board of deputies. Definitions of anti-semitism as directed by the international holocaust rememberance alliance include not being allowed to critique Israel and a quite eye opening rule in which you aren’t allowed to compare contemporary Israeli policy in Palestine to the nazi’s :mrgreen: which could possibly be interpreted as a savage level of self awareness

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It’s interesting, to me it feels like a shit union report on an unsuccessful negotiation. I’ll be interested to see what Corbyns detailed response to the meeting is

There seems to be an awful lot of rhetoric and some high bars/goal post moves by the jewish board of deputies. Definitions of anti-semitism as directed by the international holocaust rememberance alliance include not being allowed to critique Israel and a quite eye opening rule in which you aren’t allowed to compare contemporary Israeli policy in Palestine to the nazi’s :mrgreen: which could possibly be interpreted as a savage level of self awareness
One thing for sure, it won't be Corbyn's detailed response, it will be Seamus's.

One thing for sure, it won't be Corbyn's detailed response, it will be Seamus's.
What does that even mean, where have you extracted/deducted that from, is it fact or just a position/opinion which allows you to paint a negative picture of Corbyn

It's a throwaway nonsense, a frippery

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What does that even mean, where have you extracted/deducted that from, is it fact or a position/opinion which allows you to paint a negative picture of Corbyn

It's a throwaway nonsense, a frippery
As the report pointed out that Corbyn just passed over any issues to the people accompanying him, one of who was S Milne, the puppet master. Corbyn will issue no statement that has not been cleared by Mr Milne.

Make what you like of that, that is what will happen. Reading the report it seems obvious that Corbyn was the passenger at the meeting, just shrugging his shoulders rather than taking a leadership role.

You may feel Corbyn is the bee's knees, that is your right - I don't have to agree with you!

As the report pointed out that Corbyn just passed over any issues to the people accompanying him, one of who was S Milne, the puppet master. Corbyn will issue no statement that has not been cleared by Mr Milne.

Make what you like of that, that is what will happen. Reading the report it seems obvious that Corbyn was the passenger at the meeting, just shrugging his shoulders rather than taking a leadership role.

You may feel Corbyn is the bee's knees, that is your right - I don't have to agree with you!
You appear to read a huge amount into the situation, all deducted from a severely partisan report from a meeting.

I don't think that Corbyn is the bees knees but at least wait for his ******* response before you analyse and critique it:mrgreen:

By walloping on before you have a full response from each side you are showing at best a lack of curiosity for the "opposition" which devalues/colours all of your positions

More arrse cartoon politics

It’s a huge leadership fail, yet again, from Corbyn. If he can’t even agree to expedite disciplinary hearings that have been hanging about for two years then it says a great deal about the control (or total lack of it) he has over his party. I don’t see any goal post moves at all. There’s no other way to see this. The press reports are damning.

It’s a huge leadership fail, yet again, from Corbyn. If he can’t even agree to expedite disciplinary hearings that have been hanging about for two years then it says a great deal about the control (or total lack of it) he has over his party. I don’t see any goal post moves at all. There’s no other way to see this. The press reports are damning.
As per previous post let's wait till he formulates his response. The Jewish boards of deputies seem to have had their meeting report firmly in place and ready to go as soon as the meeting was over. Read into that what you will...

This in my opinion is high level, high risk politicking which with hindsight the Jewish board of deputies will regret in the future

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You appear to read a huge amount into the situation, all deducted from a severely partisan report from a meeting.

I don't think that Corbyn is the bees knees but at least wait for his ******* response before you analyse and critique it:mrgreen:

By walloping on before you have a full response from each side you are showing at best a lack of curiosity for the "opposition" which devalues/colours all of your positions

More arrse cartoon politics
You obviously expect a glowing report from Corbyn, or his team, perhaps you could give us a clue as to what you either expect or at least what you would like to see emanating from his office?

Or will you just go for more whitewash* politics?

*Not sure if that word is still permissible!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I don't think Corbyn wants to deal with this situation at all. He seems quite content with what is happening!

You obviously expect a glowing report from Corbyn, or his team, perhaps you could give us a clue as to what you either expect or at least what you would like to see emanating from his office?

Or will you just go for more whitewash* politics?

*Not sure if that word is still permissible!
I wouldn't presume as to what the response would be, I will wait for it to actually appear. It's safe to say a response to the JBOD report will take some formulating and it is only fair to wait for it.

How you have identified leadership failure is beyond me other than reading a very partisan report

He’s obviously done nothing re the disciplinaries and there’s no way of spinning it. His response is already out and reported. He’s called it ‘constructive and positive’. He’s clearly an idiot.
Have the Labour Party suspended or chucked out any identified members involved in anti-Semitic behaviour?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wouldn't presume as to what the response would be, I will wait for it to actually appear. It's safe to say a response to the JBOD report will take some formulating and it is only fair to wait for it.

How you have identified leadership failure is beyond me other than reading a very partisan report
Didn't take the JBOD long to issue a statement, what could possibly be detaining St Jeremy?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Have the Labour Party suspended or chucked out any identified members involved in anti-Semitic behaviour?
Since Corbyn took control of the NEC I think the answer is no, can you explain why that is?