Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Yes, as pointed out earlier in the thread :)

What was equally bad was Abbott taking the bench and then refusing to give way whilee she talked about random things like Ofsted reports.................during speeches on anti semitism. It was just a blatant time wasting attempt as she knew the debate was time limited.
Filibustering, I think is the term.

I'm glad someone else here saw it, I thought they were massively disrespectful.
It seems to me that the performance in both Houses has deteriorated in recent years, something displayed by the majority of Lords and MPs. Unfortunately they give the impression they are a law unto themselves and not there for the benefit of the population.

Yup and generation benefits will still be voting for them
I was wondering why the Speaker did nothing about that.

And why didn't he tell Abbot to sit down and shut up?

I was wondering why the Speaker did nothing about that.

And why didn't he tell Abbot to sit down and shut up?
Because he's a pompous arrogant old git only concerned with himself, hence why even the Tories would rather see Harriet Harman as speaker then him stay on in the job

Remember Betty was Labour and I can't remember any people complaining about her, it's the person not the party for speaker

Because he's a pompous arrogant old git only concerned with himself, hence why even the Tories would rather see Harriet Harman as speaker then him stay on in the job

Remember Betty was Labour and I can't remember any people complaining about her, it's the person not the party for speaker
The Speaker should be impartial. Something he has never been.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Are posters thinking that the Speaker holds some of the views that the Leader of the Opposition is trying very hard not to stop?

I could write some highbrow philosophical refutation of this.

Bit frankly my immediate reaction is more honest and accurate.

"Is that c**t taking the piss?"

He's just having a meltdown because his career is going down the pan, the Corbynista's will never forgive him, Guardian writers hate him and everyone else just thinks he's a c**t
He needs to take a look at the state of his party!

I missed a chance this morning when approached by a Labour campaigner in Dorchester. Having said 'don't thinkso while Corbyn is your leader', I thought afterwards 'should have asked why Diane Abbott filibustered the debate about antisemitism'.

Too slow ....

I missed a chance this morning when approached by a Labour campaigner in Dorchester. Having said 'don't thinkso while Corbyn is your leader', I thought afterwards 'should have asked why Diane Abbott filibustered the debate about antisemitism'.

Too slow ....
your not too slow,you are like most just can't understand how the Labour Party have voted Corbyniski as the party leader,plus its frontbench it's time the true Labour MP'S formed a new party.We the citizens of this UK deserve a opposition that puts UK citizens above anyone else.

It's probably as much to do with her not wanting her beloved Jeremy facing any criticism than any sense of loyalty to the Labour Party

She probably thinks Morwals are some kind of fantasy creature

Winchester University launches 'antisemitism' investigation over posts on lecturer's social media pages, who unsurprisingly is a Labour Party member and shared posts from the Daily Stormer

Among the Facebook posts republished by the HP was one from Ms Dipple's account saying: "This is not an anti-semitic rant this is about a Zionist attempt at creating a 'pure race' which sites alongside all other countries that have tried to do the same."

Another said: "What's the Holocaust Remembrance Alliance about anyway?"

An article from far-right website The Daily Stormer was also shared from the account with the headline ‘BBC to replace male Jew political editor with female Jew’.

According to HP, Ms Dipple is also a member of the Palestine Live Facebook page which is notorious for posting Holocaust denial myths, allegations of Israel’s involvement in the 9/11 and 7/7 terror attacks and the training of Islamic State fighters, and conspiracy theories involving the Rothschild family.