Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I think you'll find they murdered quite a few British soldiers, so **** their people.
Absolutely - the King David Hotel is a case in point.
We're back to 'one man's terrorist...', aren't we?
The whole history of the region at the time is one of nastiness, violence, anti-semitism/zionism (including from the UK!) and desperation from the Jews who managed to get out of Europe.

If you'd just had 6 million of your people turned to ashes, and knew that the entire arab world wanted to snuff you out, I suspect you'd also indulge in a bit of guerilla warfare.
The attitude would have been "you did F*** all to help us, from now we stand on our own."
I thought it was more that we British were against the continued creation of the state of Israel there because we saw future problems from the current residents. After keeping a ship full of migrants from docking, causing horrible conditions on board, we were shown the error of our ways.

We were right though, although it made us unpopular.

Thanks, I’ll look at that. My Grandad was in Palestine a couple of times around the tail end of WW2 and kept an interest, which I sort of inherited... Israel’s foundation by terrorists is one of many factors I think most Westerners are serenely ignorant of. As with our invasion of Iran and the American toppling of their Government etc.

We do get to hear about the naughty things the brown people do though.
This is a fascinating read.

The Reckoning by Patrick Bishop

Had the pleasure to speak once with an old boy (sadly a victim of crime) who had been in the Palestine Police at the time. He did make it sound interesting, and dangerous.

Allegedly the Palestine Police tie was "Black and Tan" because of the amount of ex-Royal Irish Constabulary types that left after 1921!

I had a fascinating course at University which was on Insurgency and Counter-Insurgency (this was late 1990s, before insurgency was cool). Palestine tipped up because of the Brits who learnt their trade there, and then appeared in Malaya, Cyprus and all the other Imperial unpleasnentness we got involved in.

If you'd just had 6 million of your people turned to ashes, and knew that the entire arab world wanted to snuff you out, I suspect you'd also indulge in a bit of guerilla warfare.
The attitude would have been "you did F*** all to help us, from now we stand on our own."
Lol. Now I hope you’ll declare your support for Hamas and the PLO on similar logic.

Go on. Go on go on go on go on.

800 odd British servicemen and police in Palestine 45 - 48 killed, that on top of the WW2 casualties. Oh yes the Israeli state was also created by uncontrolled imegration which is brushed under the carpet.

Yeah, Grandad was very nearly one of them.

Having been in on the liberation of a camp (about the only bit of his war service he didn’t talk about at great length) this miffed him a bit.

UOTE="Boumer, post: 8525795, member: 76414"]He's a qualified Opthamologist, i believe.
Rumor has it his wife still has a British Passport in her bag?[/QUOTE]

Didn't some of Saddam's family end up here?

I thought it was more that we British were against the continued creation of the state of Israel there because we saw future problems from the current residents. After keeping a ship full of migrants from docking, causing horrible conditions on board, we were shown the error of our ways.

We were right though, although it made us unpopular.
Docufiction film 'Exodus' 1960, very anti-British and loved by the lefties and creative intellingentsia at the time. Theme music was also No 1 at the time. Bet you never see it on BBC now though! Just how fickle the left are.

[Q
Stop the war supporter and Corbyn fanatic no doubt, irrational, angry, impossible to reason with and deluded.

Watch: Stop the War protester – ‘Assad is a good man – he’s a doctor for heaven’s sake’ | Coffee House

Stop the War protester – ‘Assad is a good man – he’s a doctor for heaven’s sake’

So Doctors are good men, any one told Dr Crippen, Harold Shipman or even Dr Mengele the logic behind these zealots.
Not forgetting the irony of Stop the War, supporting the war

I guess "Stop the War but not this one because Russia supports this war", wouldn't have the same ring to it

If you have no problem with us being in Syria what's your problem with Iraq? 179 British military dead for **** all, yet you have no problems with potential deaths in Syria.

Days since Labours last anitsemitism outrage zero,,,,

Labour MP applauds Stop the War demonstration song mocking Jews as 'the light of the world... the chosen'

A Stop the War Coalition demonstration against airstrikes in Syria - at which Labour MPs Chris Williamson and Richard Burgon both spoke - featured a performance on stage in Westminster by a guitar duo who performed a song with lyrics that labelled Israel an "apartheid" state and "a living hell".

Derby North MP Mr Williamson was seen applauding as the group completed its performance of a song which referred to "the light of the world, the children which are chosen, the flock have returned, but now with promises that are broken"

If you have no problem with us being in Syria what's your problem with Iraq? 179 British military dead for **** all, yet you have no problems with potential deaths in Syria.

317 British Forces killed in Cyprus but people don't have a problem going there

317 British Forces killed in Cyprus but people don't have a problem going there
I must have missed the current conflict in Cyprus.