• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

*ahem*

That part of the world has to take it's share of the blame for the current state of affairs. That is not to say they had ample assistance from us the time before the last time we tried it....

This is an very good treatment of the subject, which is probably unknown in the UK school syllabus.

A Line in the Sand: Britain, France and the Struggle for the Mastery of the Middle East by James Barr

But whatever the merits of our ideas, we are simply repeating this discussion. Because Plan A will never be on the table, so we'll just rinse and repeat with Plan B......

Thanks, I’ll look at that. My Grandad was in Palestine a couple of times around the tail end of WW2 and kept an interest, which I sort of inherited... Israel’s foundation by terrorists is one of many factors I think most Westerners are serenely ignorant of. As with our invasion of Iran and the American toppling of their Government etc.

We do get to hear about the naughty things the brown people do though.

I see stacker's still not having a rant & all wound up in any way whatsoever, no siree bob. View attachment 331219
Shush my fat ponytailed little friend, remember you getting all upset and mentioning the malicious communication act?
Embarrassing and hilarious.

Israel’s foundation by terrorists is one of many factors I think most Westerners are serenely ignorant of.
If you'd just had 6 million of your people turned to ashes, and knew that the entire arab world wanted to snuff you out, I suspect you'd also indulge in a bit of guerilla warfare.
The attitude would have been "you did F*** all to help us, from now we stand on our own."

Can I just confirm that the majority of people on here disagree with Corbyn for not wanting to get involved in Syria?

And that you are all perfectly happy for British service personnel to by put at risk in a conflict that has **** all to do with us?

Funnily enough I dont remember to many people supporting Blair going into Iraq.

Gurgle gurgle...are you a lesbian?
If the gurgling your imagination of your sucking hard on his pink oboe?

What is your fascination with him?

If you'd just had 6 million of your people turned to ashes, and knew that the entire arab world wanted to snuff you out, I suspect you'd also indulge in a bit of guerilla warfare.
The attitude would have been "you did F*** all to help us, from now we stand on our own."
I think you'll find they murdered quite a few British soldiers, so **** their people.

If the gurgling your imagination of your sucking hard on his pink oboe?

What is your fascination with him?
If? if?
So you're a lesbian then.

Thanks, I’ll look at that. My Grandad was in Palestine a couple of times around the tail end of WW2 and kept an interest, which I sort of inherited... Israel’s foundation by terrorists is one of many factors I think most Westerners are serenely ignorant of. As with our invasion of Iran and the American toppling of their Government etc.

800 odd British servicemen and police in Palestine 45 - 48 killed, that on top of the WW2 casualties. Oh yes the Israeli state was also created by uncontrolled imegration which is brushed under the carpet.

Can I just confirm that the majority of people on here disagree with Corbyn for not wanting to get involved in Syria?

And that you are all perfectly happy for British service personnel to by put at risk in a conflict that has **** all to do with us?

Funnily enough I dont remember to many people supporting Blair going into Iraq.
Yes
Yes
No

I think you'll find they murdered quite a few British soldiers, so **** their people.
Absolutely - the King David Hotel is a case in point.
We're back to 'one man's terrorist...', aren't we?
The whole history of the region at the time is one of nastiness, violence, anti-semitism/zionism (including from the UK!) and desperation from the Jews who managed to get out of Europe.

I thought it was more that we British were against the continued creation of the state of Israel there because we saw future problems from the current residents. After keeping a ship full of migrants from docking, causing horrible conditions on board, we were shown the error of our ways.

We were right though, although it made us unpopular.

This is a fascinating read.

The Reckoning by Patrick Bishop

Had the pleasure to speak once with an old boy (sadly a victim of crime) who had been in the Palestine Police at the time. He did make it sound interesting, and dangerous.

Allegedly the Palestine Police tie was "Black and Tan" because of the amount of ex-Royal Irish Constabulary types that left after 1921!

I had a fascinating course at University which was on Insurgency and Counter-Insurgency (this was late 1990s, before insurgency was cool). Palestine tipped up because of the Brits who learnt their trade there, and then appeared in Malaya, Cyprus and all the other Imperial unpleasnentness we got involved in.

Lol. Now I hope you’ll declare your support for Hamas and the PLO on similar logic.

Go on. Go on go on go on go on.

800 odd British servicemen and police in Palestine 45 - 48 killed, that on top of the WW2 casualties. Oh yes the Israeli state was also created by uncontrolled imegration which is brushed under the carpet.

Yeah, Grandad was very nearly one of them.

Having been in on the liberation of a camp (about the only bit of his war service he didn’t talk about at great length) this miffed him a bit.