Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Ok so my Grandad, WW2 hard fought across North Africa, Salerno, Palestine and then Italy again shouldn’t have banged his gums together about the Falklands or NI.

Got it, thanks.

Listening, everyone? Nobody except serving troops are permitted to discuss military policy.

Do shush.

This chap says so.

Shhhh.

Is WW2, the Falklands or NI, Syria? Its not hard to see how Blair manage to get his way with Iraq with so many spastics out there wanting to get involved in a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

As for discussion military policy, at least have the minerals to **** off over to Syria and fight instead of wanting other people to risk dying so you can feel better about yourself.

Is WW2, the Falklands or NI, Syria? Its not hard to see how Blair manage to get his way with Iraq with so many spastics out there wanting to get involved in a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

As for discussion military policy, at least have the minerals to **** off over to Syria and fight instead of wanting other people to risk dying so you can feel better about yourself.

Look, honey, I don’t want anyone dead so I can feel better about myself.

That’s you creating a hysterical straw man so you can clutch your pearls to your bosom on some imaginary high ground.

Is this the Naafi bar? Is it ok to call you a monging spazzer?

There are threads galore on here (many of them very, very well informed) about Blair and his Shakespearean missed chances. We don’t need to rerun that on this one.

Clearly what’s happening in Syria has a lot to do with us.

Equally clearly -and I’m a Labour voter and Labour member since the mid 80s, and a Jeremy supporter in a Parson’s egg way - Jezza has screwed up. The whole British political system has screwed up.

There’s a catastrophe there, in Syria, that could have been stoped years ago by a coalition. We bottled it.

Foreign intervention isn’t necessarily a bad thing

Numerous nations have well equipped, well led, intelligent forces that - in conjunction with good diplomacy and trade deals- can make the world a better place.

Dunno about you but I joined up (naïvely) believing in a New World Order.

Now I’m not so naïve but still right behind any political leader who uses any levers-trade, influence, Force- to make things better.

If that involves casualties; hey, we have volunteer Forces and we should use them with a high degree of respect but accept that sometimes sacrifice is part of the deal.

What in the world are you bleating about?

It’s probably too late to achieve much in Syria. Were I still serving I’d likely be in any intervention.

In my opinion, it’s absolutely in everyone’s interest for the degenerate non democracies to get sorted out.

I reckon something like a new Raj. Britain, France, America, Canada, Kiwis and a few others with an idea about democracy and the rule of law take over the whole Middle East. Raise extra armies for occupation and state very clearly what the 25 year aim is.

Turn them in to secular, tolerant, honest, educated countries.

That means decades of us in charge. Let a new generation grow up with proper education, straight cops, straight courts and no mad Islamic shit. Then hand it all back, cut some trade deals and treat them like we treat Belgium.

None of that will happen so we’re stuck with failed crapholes that feed us broken hearted refugees and will fester for ever.
*ahem*

That part of the world has to take it's share of the blame for the current state of affairs. That is not to say they had ample assistance from us the time before the last time we tried it....

This is an very good treatment of the subject, which is probably unknown in the UK school syllabus.

A Line in the Sand: Britain, France and the Struggle for the Mastery of the Middle East by James Barr

But whatever the merits of our ideas, we are simply repeating this discussion. Because Plan A will never be on the table, so we'll just rinse and repeat with Plan B......

That’s you creating a hysterical straw man so you can clutch your pearls to your bosom on some imaginary high ground.

Is this the Naafi bar? Is it ok to call you a monging spazzer?

There are threads galore on here (many of them very, very well informed) about Blair and his Shakespearean missed chances. We don’t need to rerun that on this one.

Clearly what’s happening in Syria has a lot to do with us.

Equally clearly -and I’m a Labour voter and Labour member since the mid 80s, and a Jeremy supporter in a Parson’s egg way - Jezza has screwed up. The whole British political system has screwed up.

There’s a catastrophe there, in Syria, that could have been stoped years ago by a coalition. We bottled it.

Foreign intervention isn’t necessarily a bad thing

Numerous nations have well equipped, well led, intelligent forces that - in conjunction with good diplomacy and trade deals- can make the world a better place.

Dunno about you but I joined up (naïvely) believing in a New World Order.

Now I’m not so naïve but still right behind any political leader who uses any levers-trade, influence, Force- to make things better.

If that involves casualties; hey, we have volunteer Forces and we should use them with a high degree of respect but accept that sometimes sacrifice is part of the deal.
That's a long post just to say you support the British military should put themselves at risk over a conflict that has **** all to do with the UK.

Is this the Naafi bar? Is it ok to call you a monging spazzer.....
You're wasting your time there. It's like arguing with a blocked toilet.

You're wasting your time there. It's like arguing with a blocked toilet.

Do you want tag Baglock? You seem to have a strange fixation with him.

*ahem*

That part of the world has to take it's share of the blame for the current state of affairs. That is not to say they had ample assistance from us the time before the last time we tried it....

This is an very good treatment of the subject, which is probably unknown in the UK school syllabus.

A Line in the Sand: Britain, France and the Struggle for the Mastery of the Middle East by James Barr

But whatever the merits of our ideas, we are simply repeating this discussion. Because Plan A will never be on the table, so we'll just rinse and repeat with Plan B......

Thanks, I’ll look at that. My Grandad was in Palestine a couple of times around the tail end of WW2 and kept an interest, which I sort of inherited... Israel’s foundation by terrorists is one of many factors I think most Westerners are serenely ignorant of. As with our invasion of Iran and the American toppling of their Government etc.

We do get to hear about the naughty things the brown people do though.

I see stacker's still not having a rant & all wound up in any way whatsoever, no siree bob. View attachment 331219
Shush my fat ponytailed little friend, remember you getting all upset and mentioning the malicious communication act?
Embarrassing and hilarious.

Can I just confirm that the majority of people on here disagree with Corbyn for not wanting to get involved in Syria?

And that you are all perfectly happy for British service personnel to by put at risk in a conflict that has **** all to do with us?

Funnily enough I dont remember to many people supporting Blair going into Iraq.

Gurgle gurgle...are you a lesbian?
If the gurgling your imagination of your sucking hard on his pink oboe?

What is your fascination with him?

If you'd just had 6 million of your people turned to ashes, and knew that the entire arab world wanted to snuff you out, I suspect you'd also indulge in a bit of guerilla warfare.
The attitude would have been "you did F*** all to help us, from now we stand on our own."
I think you'll find they murdered quite a few British soldiers, so **** their people.

Thanks, I’ll look at that. My Grandad was in Palestine a couple of times around the tail end of WW2 and kept an interest, which I sort of inherited... Israel’s foundation by terrorists is one of many factors I think most Westerners are serenely ignorant of. As with our invasion of Iran and the American toppling of their Government etc.

We do get to hear about the naughty things the brown people do though.
800 odd British servicemen and police in Palestine 45 - 48 killed, that on top of the WW2 casualties. Oh yes the Israeli state was also created by uncontrolled imegration which is brushed under the carpet.

Can I just confirm that the majority of people on here disagree with Corbyn for not wanting to get involved in Syria?

And that you are all perfectly happy for British service personnel to by put at risk in a conflict that has **** all to do with us?

Funnily enough I dont remember to many people supporting Blair going into Iraq.
Yes
Yes
No