• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Let OJermy guide your path.

When in doubt,

a. Do nothing.

b. When finally backed into a corner by the Evil Tory Press(tm), send in the Flabbott.

c. Claim "you'll sort it".

d. Deny everything.
e Offer Free Bus passes for all snowflakes?

He could be though!
If you can believe the papers ( I know) he didn't even want the leadership.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/youd-better-make-fing-sure-12358996

It's something we have been saying on here for ages. He was made leader by accident. He is a backbench anti establishment MP who isn't capable of leading a party and didn't want the job in the first place.
Became an MP by accident, the previous Isslington North MP, Michael O'Halloran, defected to the SDP in 1981, thus Corbyn became official Labour Candidate (he was some sort of Branch Official) O'Halloran was handed his arrse in the 1983 GE , thus Corbyn became an MP.

Erm.... it’s the Army. When is it going to do something risk free?

And no. Possibly if I was 20 years younger. Not sure.

I’m joining the Yeomanry at the moment. If ISIS invade I shall be there.

Errr When its in the country's best interest its fine to take risks.

Are you happy that 179 service personnel died in Iraq over **** all?

Just happy enough for some poor other ****** to die or get seriously injured in Syria so you can feel good about yourself?

I see Corbyn has a new Facebook account, just how damaging was the old one that it had to be deleted, erased for good, what an absolute moron the man is.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Got told what no mean tune by his own backbenchers this afternoon.

Errr When its in the country's best interest its fine to take risks.

Are you happy that 179 service personnel died in Iraq over **** all?

Just happy enough for some poor other ****** to die or get seriously injured in Syria so you can feel good about yourself?

What in the world are you bleating about?

It’s probably too late to achieve much in Syria. Were I still serving I’d likely be in any intervention.

In my opinion, it’s absolutely in everyone’s interest for the degenerate non democracies to get sorted out.

I reckon something like a new Raj. Britain, France, America, Canada, Kiwis and a few others with an idea about democracy and the rule of law take over the whole Middle East. Raise extra armies for occupation and state very clearly what the 25 year aim is.

Turn them in to secular, tolerant, honest, educated countries.

That means decades of us in charge. Let a new generation grow up with proper education, straight cops, straight courts and no mad Islamic shit. Then hand it all back, cut some trade deals and treat them like we treat Belgium.

None of that will happen so we’re stuck with failed crapholes that feed us broken hearted refugees and will fester for ever.

Lobbing the odd bomb at the worst monsters there is about as far as we will go, and I am behind it.

It’s probably too late to achieve much in Syria. Were I still serving I’d likely be in any intervention.

In my opinion, it’s absolutely in everyone’s interest for the degenerate non democracies to get sorted out.

I reckon something like a new Raj. Britain, France, America, Canada, Kiwis and a few others with an idea about democracy and the rule of law take over the whole Middle East. Raise extra armies for occupation and state very clearly what the 25 year aim is.

That means decades of us in charge. Let a new generation grow up with proper education, straight cops, straight courts and no mad Islamic shit. Then hand it all back, cut some trade deals and treat them like we treat Belgium.

None of that will happen so we’re stuck with failed crapholes that feed us broken hearted refugees and will fester for ever.

Lobbing the odd bomb at the worst monsters there is about as far as we will go, and I am behind it.
Who bleating? Im just pointing out the penises who want to involve us in Syria wont be the ones putting themselves in danger.

**** off there yourself and try to make a difference.

Just let Assad win.

Who bleating? Im just pointing out the penises who want to involve us in Syria wont be the ones putting themselves in danger.

**** off there yourself and try to make a difference.

Just let Assad win.

Ok so my Grandad, WW2 hard fought across North Africa, Salerno, Palestine and then Italy again shouldn’t have banged his gums together about the Falklands or NI.

Got it, thanks.

Listening, everyone? Nobody except serving troops are permitted to discuss military policy.

Do shush.

This chap says so.

Shhhh.

Ok so my Grandad, WW2 hard fought across North Africa, Salerno, Palestine and then Italy again shouldn’t have banged his gums together about the Falklands or NI.

Got it, thanks.

Listening, everyone? Nobody except serving troops are permitted to discuss military policy.

Do shush.

This chap says so.

Shhhh.

Is WW2, the Falklands or NI, Syria? Its not hard to see how Blair manage to get his way with Iraq with so many spastics out there wanting to get involved in a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

As for discussion military policy, at least have the minerals to **** off over to Syria and fight instead of wanting other people to risk dying so you can feel better about yourself.

Is WW2, the Falklands or NI, Syria? Its not hard to see how Blair manage to get his way with Iraq with so many spastics out there wanting to get involved in a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

As for discussion military policy, at least have the minerals to **** off over to Syria and fight instead of wanting other people to risk dying so you can feel better about yourself.

Look, honey, I don’t want anyone dead so I can feel better about myself.

That’s you creating a hysterical straw man so you can clutch your pearls to your bosom on some imaginary high ground.

Is this the Naafi bar? Is it ok to call you a monging spazzer?

There are threads galore on here (many of them very, very well informed) about Blair and his Shakespearean missed chances. We don’t need to rerun that on this one.

Clearly what’s happening in Syria has a lot to do with us.

Equally clearly -and I’m a Labour voter and Labour member since the mid 80s, and a Jeremy supporter in a Parson’s egg way - Jezza has screwed up. The whole British political system has screwed up.

There’s a catastrophe there, in Syria, that could have been stoped years ago by a coalition. We bottled it.

Foreign intervention isn’t necessarily a bad thing

Numerous nations have well equipped, well led, intelligent forces that - in conjunction with good diplomacy and trade deals- can make the world a better place.

Dunno about you but I joined up (naïvely) believing in a New World Order.

Now I’m not so naïve but still right behind any political leader who uses any levers-trade, influence, Force- to make things better.

If that involves casualties; hey, we have volunteer Forces and we should use them with a high degree of respect but accept that sometimes sacrifice is part of the deal.

*ahem*

That part of the world has to take it's share of the blame for the current state of affairs. That is not to say they had ample assistance from us the time before the last time we tried it....

This is an very good treatment of the subject, which is probably unknown in the UK school syllabus.

A Line in the Sand: Britain, France and the Struggle for the Mastery of the Middle East by James Barr

But whatever the merits of our ideas, we are simply repeating this discussion. Because Plan A will never be on the table, so we'll just rinse and repeat with Plan B......

That’s you creating a hysterical straw man so you can clutch your pearls to your bosom on some imaginary high ground.

Is this the Naafi bar? Is it ok to call you a monging spazzer?

There are threads galore on here (many of them very, very well informed) about Blair and his Shakespearean missed chances. We don’t need to rerun that on this one.

Clearly what’s happening in Syria has a lot to do with us.

Equally clearly -and I’m a Labour voter and Labour member since the mid 80s, and a Jeremy supporter in a Parson’s egg way - Jezza has screwed up. The whole British political system has screwed up.

There’s a catastrophe there, in Syria, that could have been stoped years ago by a coalition. We bottled it.

Foreign intervention isn’t necessarily a bad thing

Numerous nations have well equipped, well led, intelligent forces that - in conjunction with good diplomacy and trade deals- can make the world a better place.

Dunno about you but I joined up (naïvely) believing in a New World Order.

Now I’m not so naïve but still right behind any political leader who uses any levers-trade, influence, Force- to make things better.

If that involves casualties; hey, we have volunteer Forces and we should use them with a high degree of respect but accept that sometimes sacrifice is part of the deal.
That's a long post just to say you support the British military should put themselves at risk over a conflict that has **** all to do with the UK.

Is this the Naafi bar? Is it ok to call you a monging spazzer.....
You're wasting your time there. It's like arguing with a blocked toilet.

You're wasting your time there. It's like arguing with a blocked toilet.

Do you want tag Baglock? You seem to have a strange fixation with him.