Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
More semantics for Labour. The Browne Review was commissioned by Labour (Peter Mandelson) in 2009 and was published in October 2010, 5 months into a Coalition Government.

The report actually recommended that there would be no cap on fee's but the Coalition Government agreed to a £6k cap. Everything else was in the findings was generally acted upon.

It's ironic that if Gordon Brown had not been so utterly useless he would have been voted back in (although technically he was never voted in the first place) and would have on the balance of probabilities do exactly the same thing as the Coalition did (note not Conservatives as the left like to say).

It's always odd how Labour's amnesia or lack of facts goes only as far back as April 2010

Browne Review - Wikipedia
To be fair I don’t think we should confuse ordinary decent Labour supporters with the malevolent crowd that surround Cob. The former may be deluded and Brown may have been an incompetent bully but neither he or Cob would claim to have a similar agenda.

Could find some interesting people already there?
Oh there's all sorts crawling around.... :)

I think my friends chuckled at my howls of outrage where I found some people selling fake Ethical Hacking Certificates on one little bit. Truly there is no honour amoungst thieves! Study for it, like the rest of us!

The Dark Web holds a fascination, but there is much boring stuff there too. I used to like Deep Radio - broadcasting to you from the depths of the web, still the same music. Just via TOR.

Dip your toes in via Telegram, that is currently a bit of a wild west and rarely easier to find links to the deeper bits of the web. Enjoy the frontier, before it is gone.

To be fair I don’t think we should confuse ordinary decent Labour supporters with the malevolent crowd that surround Cob. The former may be deluded and Brown may have been an incompetent bully but neither he or Cob would claim to have a similar agenda.
I'm not even talking about supporters. Labour initiated a review that in all probabilities in the event of a successful Labour Government at the 2010 GE, and therefore PM Brown, would have acted upon. He didn't, a coalition did yet, today's Labour still like to spread the lie that it was the Conservatives that did it.

The fee's went up to £9k in October 2010. The Conservatives didn't 'come to power' until 2015.
It's a small point. But also is making out you'll cease tuition fee's and scrap student debt but then saying later that you had no intention too

Capture.JPG

No. You have used the phrase "in all balance of probabilities" to assert as fact that Labour were going to increase tuition fees, when there's is no reason evidence of this
They created them, and had significant increased them during their tenure in Government. The likeliness was that they would have increased them further. You do understand the term probability don't you?

They created them, and had significant increased them during their tenure in Government. The likeliness was that they would have increased them further. You do understand the term probability don't you?
You are presenting your opinion as fact with no evidence to support it.

How is it a lie labour pointing out that tuition fees have tripled since the conservatives have been in government?

Seems clear as day to me

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You are presenting your opinion as fact with no evidence to support it.

How is it a lie labour pointing out that tuition fees have tripled since the conservatives have been in government?

Seems clear as day to me
Are you dense or just being deliberately obtuse. He’s presenting facts and drawing a reasonably probable conclusion from them.

If course Cob isn’t Brown and can reasonably claim he would not have done it. In deed he can claim anything he likes and is rarely bothered by the actuality. Witness his denials of being a terrorist supporter and soviet supporter.

Are you dense or just being deliberately obtuse. He’s presenting facts and drawing a reasonably probable conclusion from them.

If course Cob isn’t Brown and can reasonably claim he would not have done it. In deed he can claim anything he likes and is rarely bothered by the actuality. Witness his denials of being a terrorist supporter and soviet supporter.
I would think that in a few days he will say that he didn't threaten to remove the press freedoms when he gets into power. His next news conference or public visit will be overshadowed by the remarks he has made.

Not at all. Just challenging a tenuous assertion that tuition fees would have gone up as much under labour over the past decade or so.

Again, @Fat_Cav seems to be saying labour are lying when they say that tuition fees have tripled under the conservatives. Why else would he have pasted that snippet from the manifesto. It's quite clearly true

I would think that in a few days he will say that he didn't threaten to remove the press freedoms when he gets into power. His next news conference or public visit will be overshadowed by the remarks he has made.
It's almost like politicians behave like politicians, isn't it.

How is this behaviour unique?

If Corbyn actually gets his feet under the No 10 how long do you think it will be before the UK troops in Poland and Baltic states are withdrawn back to the UK?
Hopefully weapons free to participate in the coup

I would like to think ordinary decent labour will be the first ones holding his feet to the fire, Time will tell.

Could find some interesting people already there?
Yes indeed, Like Momentum and Oxfam workers.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A somewhat strange and complicated poll from the Guardian showing Corbyn in a poor light. Basically it is saying May is in line with her Party policies whereas Cirbyn's views are not in line with Labour policy. This could lead to a very interesting election with fringe voters who are not sure of their allegiance may be put off.

UK needs to provide 'more clarity' about its plans for Brexit, Dutch PM tells May - Politics live

There are several links on that page I mean the one that says "4h ago Corbyn's standing with voters lower than his party's on key issues, poll suggests"

Still, polls don't have a very good rep at the moment.

I'm not even talking about supporters. New Labour initiated a review that in all probabilities in the event of a successful Labour Government at the 2010 GE, and therefore PM Brown, would have acted upon. He didn't, a coalition did yet, today's Labour still like to spread the lie that it was the Conservatives that did it.

The fee's went up to £9k in October 2010. The Conservatives didn't 'come to power' until 2015.
It's a small point. But also is making out you'll cease tuition fee's and scrap student debt but then saying later that you had no intention too

View attachment 323201
Fixed that for you. New Labour was ,I believe ,a Right of Centre construct to get St tony and Mandelson into Govt by adopting a lot of Policies which were traditionally the Conservative Party's. The current Labour Party have moved back to the left of centre ideals I agree but it is what the founding members first espoused in the early 20th Century. Corbyn et al are no more 'Hard Left' or 'Communist' nor do they believe in rule by 'Soviet' or 'Central Committes'.
They have moved however back into the area occupied by Clement Attlee or Harold Wilson for instance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with championing greater equality and curbing personal and corporate greed with Policies that push for less in-equality. No member of the Labour Party that I speak to has any intention or notions of turning this country into a One party Secret Police State.Too many here seem pre-occupied with perpetuating the current Societal situation that allows Big Corporations and Vested Interests to subvert our Societies Governance.This could eventually lead to civil unrest and worse, despite the comforts of 'Media' and 'Things' to subdue the population in a sort of Marie Anttoinette let them eat cake Dystopia.
Weller might be right:-
The Public Gets what the Public wants,
It's the Kidney machines
That pay for Rockets and Bombs
I want nothing that this Society wants
I'm going Underground......
It may sound glib but there is a grain of truth there.

Fixed that for you. New Labour was ,I believe ,a Right of Centre construct to get St tony and Mandelson into Govt by adopting a lot of Policies which were traditionally the Conservative Party's. The current Labour Party have moved back to the left of centre ideals I agree but it is what the founding members first espoused in the early 20th Century. Corbyn et al are no more 'Hard Left' or 'Communist' nor do they believe in rule by 'Soviet' or 'Central Committes'.
They have moved however back into the area occupied by Clement Attlee or Harold Wilson for instance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with championing greater equality and curbing personal and corporate greed with Policies that push for less in-equality. No member of the Labour Party that I speak to has any intention or notions of turning this country into a One party Secret Police State.Too many here seem pre-occupied with perpetuating the current Societal situation that allows Big Corporations and Vested Interests to subvert our Societies Governance.This could eventually lead to civil unrest and worse, despite the comforts of 'Media' and 'Things' to subdue the population in a sort of Marie Anttoinette let them eat cake Dystopia.
Weller might be right:-
The Public Gets what the Public wants,
It's the Kidney machines
That pay for Rockets and Bombs
I want nothing that this Society wants
I'm going Underground......
It may sound glib but there is a grain of truth there.
Ah the days of Harold Wilson, so going back to days when Labour leaders were soviet spys then

Meet the new boss same as the old boss

Not at all. Just challenging a tenuous assertion that tuition fees would have gone up as much under labour over the past decade or so.

Again, @Fat_Cav seems to be saying labour are lying when they say that tuition fees have tripled under the conservatives. Why else would he have pasted that snippet from the manifesto. It's quite clearly true
What the fück are you on about? Read the fücking text. The fee's tripled when there was a coalition. The Conservatives were not in power, therefore the Labour line spouted below is untrue.