Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Fine go on TV, press interviews, answear proper questions, but to threaten is not the solution.
He would call it giving fair warning. He's a politician, very few ever give full, truthful answers and it shows his naivety as experienced ones tend to answer a question they've not been asked. Remember, he's a serial left wing backbencher suddenly thrust unprepared into the limelight when he was appointed Leader of the Labour Party where bluff, bluster and threats no longer work.

I wonder if he will go after the Guardians off shore press barons...
Before the last leadership election, Corbyn was as welcome as a fart in an astronauts suit in the Guardian, since he won, he's not had to shell out on bog paper due to the arse licking they have all been doing.

If he ever wins an election, there will be only two newdpapers and they will only print good news about him. They will be called Pravda (truth) and Izvestia (delivered messages). No other news sources will be necessary.

If he ever wins an election, there will be only two newdpapers and they will only print good news about him. They will be called Pravda (truth) and Izvestia (delivered messages). No other news sources will be necessary.
And a well-controlled social media, how?
Because he will have an army of volunteers scouring the web and shutting down any criticism or debate about him, his team or his policies. They are doing it now without holding any reins of power.

I would like to think the people of this country will smarten up, inform your kids is the first step.
They have been conditioned by his ilk since you started leaving them in the hands of the education system.
To root out this communist/marxist cancer the school system needs to be put under extreme scrutiny.

The worst part, we are all paying for it.

And a well-controlled social media, how?
Because he will have an army of volunteers scouring the web and shutting down any criticism or debate about him, his team or his policies. They are doing it now without holding any reins of power.

I would like to think the people of this country will smarten up, inform your kids is the first step.
They have been conditioned by his ilk since you started leaving them in the hands of the education system.
To root out this communist/marxist cancer the school system needs to be put under extreme scrutiny.

The worst part, we are all paying for it.
I am sure he is learning all the time from China...

Islands gain rich people due to ‘Corbyn factor’

Deputy Charles Parkinson said:
there is a surge in interest in people moving to Guernsey and Jersey because of a ‘Corbyn factor’.

‘I believe from what I’m hearing that actually there is an upturn in the level of enquiries,’ he said.

‘And I think we are going to see a bit of an exodus from the UK of high net-worth individuals. To me, somewhat surprisingly, that seems to be being driven by a Corbyn factor, because I find it hard to take Jeremy Corbyn terribly seriously. But people evidently do.
Snigger, however the article states there were 24 relocations; 9 personal, 15 businesses. Hardly a tidal wave...

Nevertheless,

A Labour Party spokesman said:
that they saw this as a way in which the well-off were looking to avoid income tax.

‘The use of tax havens is something this Tory government has failed to seriously clamp down on.

‘The next Labour government will introduce our tax transparency and enforcement programme, which will bring about serious measures to tackle tax avoidance, and ensure that the super-rich and giant corporations that seek to duck their responsibilities to society will pay their fair share.’
Sounds remarkably as if Labour are unaware the Channel Islands are not part of UK and they won't be introducing jack sh1t as the islands have their own government which is probably why the conservatives didn't reply to the RFI as they realised it was none of their business .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If Corbyn actually gets his feet under the No 10 how long do you think it will be before the UK troops in Poland and Baltic states are withdrawn back to the UK?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If Corbyn actually gets his feet under the No 10 how long do you think it will be before the UK troops in Poland and Baltic states are withdrawn back to the UK?
Isn't that between him and his handlers? It'll be after we're kicked out of 5 eyes.

People seem pretty clued up there about accessing the internet, they don't control information as much as they'd like to
Latest from China is no access to jobs and housing unless you submit your personal details and earn credits...

FFS, I find it hard enough working in this 'light' web without having to grope <snigger> around in the dark! :rolleyes:
If you put your hand on my knee again I will slap you.:mad: Just because it is dark it doesn't give you free reign you old goat.;)

Oh, but he did make a clear unequivocal commitment to eradicate student debt. He was asked if he would clear student debt, and answered "I will sort it." To most people, that sounds like an answer in the affirmative. To those who wish to spin it, they are relying on him not actually saying "I, the Right Honourable Jeremy Corbyn MP pc, do hereby attest avow and aver that, in the event of my being elected to the post of Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury, I will forthwith cancel, nullify, and eradicate all capital and interest payments associated with Student Loans issued under any previous administration."

As I said, semantics.
On R4 the other day, even one of the presenters to a interviewee said that 'Corbyn said he was going to stop University fee's'. If it comes that Beeb presenters are saying that, then the general consensus and belief is that he implied it and he did nothing to deny this.

Sad thing is at the next GE, all the then students will have moved on and they'll be a whole new bunch to 'lie' to

Latest from China is no access to jobs and housing unless you submit your personal details and earn credits...
This is actually a fascinating (and IMHO alarming experiment).

This is well worth a read

Big data meets Big Brother as China moves to rate its citizens | WIRED UK

And before we get all self righteous in the West, consider - why is it that Social Media companies get all high and mighty about sticking it to the man and denying law enforcement request..... but then monetize all the data they have to help the targetted advertising of the obesity industry?

Fortunately, we are not dependent on how many likes we have for whether we get a visa to travel... but economically we may be.

Big Data is like big tobacco. Presumed to be safe for decades and when we understood the cancer it brought, it was hard for people to quit

Peter Sunde
Co-Founder of The Pirate Bay

More semantics for Labour. The Browne Review was commissioned by Labour (Peter Mandelson) in 2009 and was published in October 2010, 5 months into a Coalition Government.

The report actually recommended that there would be no cap on fee's but the Coalition Government agreed to a £6k cap. Everything else was in the findings was generally acted upon.

It's ironic that if Gordon Brown had not been so utterly useless he would have been voted back in (although technically he was never voted in the first place) and would have on the balance of probabilities do exactly the same thing as the Coalition did (note not Conservatives as the left like to say).

It's always odd how Labour's amnesia or lack of facts goes only as far back as April 2010

Browne Review - Wikipedia

More semantics for Labour. The Browne Review was commissioned by Labour (Peter Mandelson) in 2009 and was published in October 2010, 5 months into a Coalition Government.

The report actually recommended that there would be no cap on fee's but the Coalition Government agreed to a £6k cap. Everything else was in the findings was generally acted upon.

It's ironic that if Gordon Brown had not been so utterly useless he would have been voted back in (although technically he was never voted in the first place) and would have on the balance of probabilities do exactly the same thing as the Coalition did (note not Conservatives as the left like to say).

It's always odd how Labour's amnesia or lack of facts goes only as far back as April 2010

Browne Review - Wikipedia
You are aware that Gordon Brown no longer leads the labour party?