Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Then you profited from from someone's misery. As case of Fcuk you I'm alright,isn't that the current LIEBORE way @Baglock
I didn't profit from it my ex wife did, and post divorce 3 years of living in a bed sit I'd saved enough for 15% deposit on a house, albeit in a cheaper area

As Norman Tebbit would have wanted I got on my bike and followed the work

I didn't profit from it my ex wife did, and post divorce 3 years of living in a bed sit I'd saved enough for 15% deposit on a house, albeit in a cheaper area

Well done you for escaping the bedsit.

Many of our arrser bedsit alcoholics could take a leaf out of your book

The good residents of Merthyr went mental when Ian Duncan Smith said catch a bus to Cardiff. I already was, £80 monthly train ticket was fook all out of my pay packet!

My comment is @Baglock not you,as he bragged he managed to get a house in the 90's with no bother. He probably bought some poor buggers home that had been repossed due to high interest rates in late 80's. He is the one who thinks it's all Milk&Honey under 'Oh Jeremy Corbyn'
So it was a bad quote on my part,as he had been spouting his usual B.S.. I didn't quote him as per usual it's our comedy Gold mate

My comment is @Baglock not you,as he bragged he managed to get a house in the 90's with no bother. He probably bought some poor buggers home that had been repossed due to high interest rates in late 80's. He is the one who thinks it's all Milk&Honey under 'Oh Jeremy Corbyn'
So it was a bad quote on my part,as he had been spouting his usual B.S.. I didn't quote him as per usual it's our comedy Gold mate
No mate. It was a fixer upper. Hence the cheap price. It was 1997 and Was less than 40k.

Ah the 90's <sighs whimsically>

Last edited:
@Baglock
You need to cut down on The Dumb,you really cannot afford to waste your very limited supply of Brain cells. Then again in your tiny tiny mind they will also be free. Abbapotomus has a few you can have,it's not using any
A Diane Abbott joke! How original.

Anyway I have nothing more to say about JC at this time, so the field is yours sir

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Edited to add: The current generation might be able to afford more if they weren't tied into 3 year PCP contracts for their new cars, £100 a month contracts for their phones, Foreign Holidays as essentials, and buying everything brand new instead of second, third or fourth hand.
Have a 'Like'.

I understand this thread is not all about me, but lets talk about me.

Way back the Current Main Squeeze walked into a garden and said "This is it. This is where I want to live and die and have children".

I said "No way hun. We cannot afford it and you have told me that doing banks is bad and wrong".

Current Main Squeeze. "Do it you sissy Mary". Me. "Yeah, OK hun".

For about five years we dressed like tramps because the house was a wreck. Coming home and getting stuck into plastering, electrics, plumbing and trying not to explore the grave shapes in the basement. For about five years all our friends were convinced we had stopped drinking. We had not. Just we couldn't afford to be in the round.

I could take you 15 miles away where a 2 bed mid-terrace goes for £40k. Yeah, drug dealers, burglars and the mandatory family of Scotch drunks live around. But if you want to get onto the property ladder, avoid designer shops and BMW dealers and, er, get on the ladder.

Have a 'Like'.

I understand this thread is not all about me, but lets talk about me.

Way back the Current Main Squeeze walked into a garden and said "This is it. This is where I want to live and die and have children".

I said "No way hun. We cannot afford it and you have told me that doing banks is bad and wrong".

Current Main Squeeze. "Do it you sissy Mary". Me. "Yeah, OK hun".

For about five years we dressed like tramps because the house was a wreck. Coming home and getting stuck into plastering, electrics, plumbing and trying not to explore the grave shapes in the basement. For about five years all our friends were convinced we had stopped drinking. We had not. Just we couldn't afford to be in the round.

I could take you 15 miles away where a 2 bed mid-terrace goes for £40k. Yeah, drug dealers, burglars and the mandatory family of Scotch drunks live around. But if you want to get onto the property ladder, avoid designer shops and BMW dealers and, er, get on the ladder.
Amen to that. I bought my first house when I was 24 or 25, and have been punting money at mortgages various since. I shall be mortgage free on my current place in late 2020, well shy of my 50th birthday. And, from there, I shall go fishing/shooting/drinking whisky as I see fit.

Well labour are a point ahead, up from 3 points behind a week ago

YouGov | Voting Intention: Conservatives 40%, Labour 41% (12-13 Feb)
I note the Limp Dems are on a flat, low line in the polls (for what they are worth). Now as the 'back to EU' party you would expect them to be picking up a lot of the hard line Remoners vote? However from the 2017 GE it looks like most Remoners went to Lab, 1. to punish the Cons for the referendum in the first place 2. the hope that Corbyn would de-rail Brexit to bring down the government. Post Brexit will said hard line, back to EU, voters turn to Limp Dems as their only hope of return to Brux?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Amen to that. I bought my first house when I was 24 or 25, and have been punting money at mortgages various since. I shall be mortgage free on my current place in late 2020, well shy of my 50th birthday. And, from there, I shall go fishing/shooting/drinking whisky as I see fit.
In terms of the feel-good hit of a lifetime, I struggle to think of anything close to that last mortgage payment. It's mine. MINE.

Dunno if generation snowflake can see that far ahead and to be fair, I never could in my 20's. But the Councils here opp north are flogging wrecked 2 bed mid-terrace houses to first time buyers for a quid. I'll say that again. For a quid.

You will need to put time, money and burst knuckles into sorting the job but I would rather doss down in a doss bag than pay rent.

Mind you the
In terms of the feel-good hit of a lifetime, I struggle to think of anything close to that last mortgage payment. It's mine. MINE.
There is NOTHING like that feeling of being free of mortgage after many years of foregoing holidays, etc. to pay it off early!

No mate. It was a fixer upper. Hence the cheap price. It was 1997 and Was less than 40k.

Ah the 90's <sighs whimsically>
One of my pals bought a fixer upper in the 90's. It was a shame the previous owner's defaulted but an opportunity when houses were still expensive relative to earnings. He put a lot of effort in to sorting it and it paid off.