Comrade Attenborough-a threat to decocracy

He's a threat to running away after your cock has been chopped off?

Don't remember seeing that in one of his programmes.

He's led a charmed frigging existence on the back of license-paying proles he so looks down upon, that's for sure.

Attenborough? Always liked him as a nature buff.
He is, of course, entitled to an opinion that I'm entitled to ignore.

He should stick to doing what he does best - making nature programmes. His opinion on political issues is as relevant as those of Lily Allen i.e. not.

Well, you only have to look at the company he keeps....

Although there are a lot of "water melons" ( green on the outside, red on the inside) who cloak their loathing of capitalism with environmentalism, I think that Attenborough is something a bit more radical than that.
He is a naturalist/broadcaster, and there are many of them, but I think that his primary platform isn't political reform (democratic or undemocratic) so much as despair at what the breeding, uneducated masses of humanity have done to the planet.
I suspect he is actually a Malthusian, warning of the booming population that will drive us to extinction.

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
So, he's just as much an anti-democratic Leftie as his brother, but has kept quiet about it. I call Sleeper.

Malthusian? Well, fair enough until, that is, you start to factor in such minor details as progressive technological innovation and adaptation to environmental change - be these man-made or not.

Having said that though there is something to be said in favour of the "Boiling Frog" paradigm.

Although there are a lot of "water melons" ( green on the outside, red on the insude) who cloak their loathing of capitalism with environmentalism, I think that Attenborough is something a bit more radical than that.
He is a naturalist/broadcaster, and there are many of them, but I think that his primary platform isn't political reform (democratic or undemocratic) so much as despair at what the breeding, uneducated masses of humanity have done to the planet.
I suspect he is actually a Malthusian, warning of the booming population that will drive us to extinction.
I believe he is in favour of population reduction measures-

That's - encouraging lower birth rates - not rounding up groups for the camps

TBH having to deal with the public on a daily basis I pretty much agree with him and I'm definitely not left wing.
From my understanding of it he's arguing more against 'tyranny of the majority' and populism than against democracy as such.

He is, however, quite right:
'What we mean by parliamentary democracy is surely that we find someone we respect who we think is probably wiser than we are, who is prepared to take the responsibility of pondering difficult things and then trust him – or her – to vote on our behalf.'
I voted 'Leave' but shouldn't have had to.

An article in today's Daily Mail on why the British are too stupid to be allowed to vote.

hhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3891974/We-shouldn-t-vote-EU-voters-aren-t-wise-says-Attenborough-Naturalist-risks-enraging-millions-comments.html

This illustrates how deeply ingrained communism-and that what is what this is-into so-called British high society.

Other examples of the Left being anti-democratic are the no platform stances at universaties of anyone the comrades disagere with.
Lolz

Get your head down

If you think as a society we are ready for pure democracy, who the **** will you rail against as being wasters scrounger, untermensch etc

Quite frankly I wouldn't let 40% of the population breed never mind vote, which sits quite nicely with Attenburghs Neo-Malthusian bent, rather than being a 'deeply ingrained communist"

TBH having to deal with the public on a daily basis I pretty much agree with him and I'm definitely not left wing.
From my understanding of it he's arguing more against 'tyranny of the majority' and populism than against democracy as such.
This exactly

Ironically the OP is quoting and linking from the daily mail.... case closed

So, he's just as much an anti-democratic Leftie as his brother, but has kept quiet about it. I call Sleeper.
If democracy leads you to species extinction, then maybe. Although the Right can be as undemocratic, if not more so.

Malthusian? Well, fair enough until, that is, you start to factor in such minor details as progressive technological innovation and adaptation to environmental change - be these man-made or not.

Having said that though there is something to be said in favour of the "Boiling Frog" paradigm.
Malthus went unfashionable for just those reasons.That we innovated our way past potential limitations on our population growth.
However, there is a peculiar biological driver- when the human race gets in a tight spot, it has a population boom.
When it should make a intelligent decision to control its numbers and use of resources, it breeds like rabbits.
As a degraded environment pushes more people into the cities, watch the population stats go up.
Malthus never identified the absolute upper limit. We pushed the envelope a bit, but we show no signs as a species of realising that we need to go into reverse.

It's funny how d*ckheads who want to bleat about democracy also think that Attenborough shouldn't be allowed an opinion...
What else are they going to whine about as they stagger around their yellowed, stinking bedsit while cutting out headlines from the Daily Mail?

Latest Threads