Computer help

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by monkey104, Dec 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered if anyone can provide a solution to my problem... everytime I click on a link in arrse then come back i get a message saying internet explorer is encountering a problem , which then closes my internet connection.
    Any ideas anyone??

2. I have been having problems with IE recently. Everything kept locking up. The problem was the Yahoo internet browser (installed as part of BT internet setup) which although I was not using, was obviously running in the background. When I got the message that IE had experienced a problem, do you want to report it, I finally said yes the read the causes, one was a problem with Yahoo and a link to the update. Since then, everything is working Ok. Hope this helps. OTT
  3. Who is your Internet Service Provider?
  4. Its Btinterent for me too. I experience the same problem and find by turning my router off at the plug for a few seconds resolves the occasional problem.
  5. Just a couple of guess's..
    Try turning off your pop up blocker.....
    Tools - internet options - privacy - clear the box at the bottom of the page 'turn on pop up blocker'

While your on tha box set the internet zone to medium
    Tools - internet options - privacy - select a setting for internet zone
    drag bar to 'medium

Internet security level too high?
    Tools - internet options - security
    drag the bar set to 'medium high'
  6. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

seconded ... and using the ie is the best way to inform microsoft about in fact everything you're doing ;)