• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Computer help Needed

I need some help with a now commonly recurring problem on my PC.

Its a self build to the following specs:

AMD Athalon64x2 Dual core processor 3600+
2Ghz and 2GB of RAM

The problem is as follows.........I have lots of games which played perfectly well on this system until recently. I now find that many of the games have sped up and play as if set the 'Benny Hill' themetune!

Any suggestions as to cause or remedy as its driving me mad especially when I want to play 'Rome' or 'Hidden and Dangerous' :pc:

try a system restore it may be just some tiny little thing, anyways the sys restore has certain dates higlighted to when major events occured on the pc

Thanks for the prompt reply.....I had thought of that will a system restore affect or wipe photos or files I might have recently added? I am a biff at the software side of things!! :oops:

When you use System Restore, you can revert to a saved state without losing personal data including Word documents, e-mail settings and messages, and your Internet favorites list. System Restore won't lose any data you have stored in the My Documents, My Pictures, or My Music folders either.