Computer help Needed

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Letterwritingman, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need some help with a now commonly recurring problem on my PC.

Its a self build to the following specs:

AMD Athalon64x2 Dual core processor 3600+
    2Ghz and 2GB of RAM

The problem is as follows.........I have lots of games which played perfectly well on this system until recently. I now find that many of the games have sped up and play as if set the 'Benny Hill' themetune!

Any suggestions as to cause or remedy as its driving me mad especially when I want to play 'Rome' or 'Hidden and Dangerous' :pc:
  2. try a system restore it may be just some tiny little thing, anyways the sys restore has certain dates higlighted to when major events occured on the pc
  3. Thanks for the prompt reply.....I had thought of that will a system restore affect or wipe photos or files I might have recently added? I am a biff at the software side of things!! :oops:
  4. Have you tried re-adjusting the settings in the games?
  5. Yes that didn't seem to help though. All my FPS 'Brothers in Arms' etc seem to work ok though.
  6. what about un-installing and re-installing (you can save the savegame files)
  7. When you use System Restore, you can revert to a saved state without losing personal data including Word documents, e-mail settings and messages, and your Internet favorites list. System Restore won't lose any data you have stored in the My Documents, My Pictures, or My Music folders either.
  8. Thanks for the reassurance.I will try a system restore a bit later then..........any other advice will still be gratefully received :D
  9. Tried ; ad nauseum!! :cry:
  10. Tried to do a system restore and it would not allow it...........any other suggestions?
  11. Are all other functions working ok?
  12. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ;)
  13. Everything else appears to be working ok. Just the problem with these few games, (my favourites) and the newly found problem with being unable to System Restore.
  14. Smack it hard on the side! that's what I tend to do ...alot!