Compulsory post quitting call-up

:?
Maybe a silly question, but:
I know (think) the Regulars can be recalled for active duty after they leave the Army, but is the same true for TA people.
If leave the TA, could I be recalled compulsorily?
Thanks

possforta said:

Thanks
Simple answer: No

possforta said:
I know (think) the Regulars can be recalled for active duty after they leave the Army, but is the same true for TA people.
Thanks

Hmmm

some units have been known to naughtily keep people on strength for wee bit after they leave.

I believe the USA has used a program called Stop-Loss to compulsorily return reservists to theatre against their will in many cases(I have heard a figure in excess of 80,000).

hogspawn said:
possforta said:
Thanks

Hmmm

some units have been known to naughtily keep people on strength for wee bit after they leave.
Not with JPA they can't.

msr

I thought my contract said I was still liable to callup for a certain time after leaving. Can someone give a more explained answer other than 'no'?

Depends:

Officers - technically Yes (section talks about Officers holding a Commission - which would apply for instance to RARO).
Soldiers - No, unless you are Ex-Regular (in which case that is what they will bring you back as, a Regular Reservist).

RFA 96, Sect 66

I can just see HM now - "Execute Section 66" (Star Wars reference for those not familiar.........)