Compulsory post quitting call-up

#1
:?
Maybe a silly question, but:
I know (think) the Regulars can be recalled for active duty after they leave the Army, but is the same true for TA people.
If leave the TA, could I be recalled compulsorily?
Thanks
 
#2
possforta said:
:?

If leave the TA, could I be recalled compulsorily?
Thanks
Simple answer: No
 
#4
possforta said:
:?
Maybe a silly question, but:
I know (think) the Regulars can be recalled for active duty after they leave the Army, but is the same true for TA people.
If leave the TA, could I be recalled compulsorily?
Thanks

Hmmm

some units have been known to naughtily keep people on strength for wee bit after they leave.
 
#5
I believe the USA has used a program called Stop-Loss to compulsorily return reservists to theatre against their will in many cases(I have heard a figure in excess of 80,000).
 
#6
hogspawn said:
possforta said:
:?
Maybe a silly question, but:
I know (think) the Regulars can be recalled for active duty after they leave the Army, but is the same true for TA people.
If leave the TA, could I be recalled compulsorily?
Thanks

Hmmm

some units have been known to naughtily keep people on strength for wee bit after they leave.
Not with JPA they can't.

msr
 
#8
I thought my contract said I was still liable to callup for a certain time after leaving. Can someone give a more explained answer other than 'no'?
 
#9
Depends:

Officers - technically Yes (section talks about Officers holding a Commission - which would apply for instance to RARO).
Soldiers - No, unless you are Ex-Regular (in which case that is what they will bring you back as, a Regular Reservist).

RFA 96, Sect 66

I can just see HM now - "Execute Section 66" (Star Wars reference for those not familiar.........)
 

Similar threads