compulsory call up - royal signals

I know at the moment there is no compulsory call up but what is the likley hood of another compulsory call up? and if so where and what would the royal siganals be deployed?

cheers

Why? What is happening in Afghan?

joeblocky said:
TopBadger said:
Is this a really s*** Wah?

Compulsory disbandment... yes... compulsory call up... unlikely.

no this is a serious question.......esp with whats happening in afgan
Lol... Royal signals are feeling the brunt of the reorganising of the TA, i.e. disbanding some regiments and reorg some others.

If there were any call ups, i'd be first in there.

I believe there is a requirement for signallers, few weeks back they were looking for volunteers. However this would be voluntary and you're employer may not like that.

TARE

Old-Salt
Try watching the news. With questions like that I dont think we would let you deploy except as a fig 11 target.

Is it school holiday time already ? 8O
Sonny the signals are losing 2400 of their manpower, do us a favour and get lost then it will be only 2399

polar69 said:
Is it school holiday time already ? 8O
Sonny the signals are losing 2400 of their manpower, do us a favour and get lost then it will be only 2399

SO whats does that mean then....that the Signals are not recruiting?

Yes we are recruiting, it depends which regiment you wish to join.

Some guys are feeling a bit raw and let down, thats all, so offering to use them as a fig11 is maybe not such a big idea.

The_Duke

LE
polar69 said:
Yes we are recruiting, it depends which regiment you wish to join.

Some guys are feeling a bit raw and let down, thats all, so offering to use them as a fig11 is maybe not such a big idea.
True enough - many of the ones I have seen would be better described as 4' screens!

joeblocky said:
what do the TA signals do in the theatre of war? i havent got a clue as i'm not millitary..... .do they follow an infanty unit into the s*** to man the radios or do they work 'behind the wire' so to speak??
Some wave flags to let others know what's going on, other units write very small notes and tie them to pigeons legs.

Hope this helps.

CC_TA said:
joeblocky said:
what do the TA signals do in the theatre of war? i havent got a clue as i'm not millitary..... .do they follow an infanty unit into the s*** to man the radios or do they work 'behind the wire' so to speak??
Some wave flags to let others know what's going on, other units write very small notes and tie them to pigeons legs.

Hope this helps.

yer very funny.....

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Vyking said:
joeblocky said:
TopBadger said:
Is this a really s*** Wah?

Compulsory disbandment... yes... compulsory call up... unlikely.

no this is a serious question.......esp with whats happening in afgan
Lol... Royal signals are feeling the brunt of the reorganising of the TA, i.e. disbanding some regiments and reorg some others.

If there were any call ups, i'd be first in there.

I believe there is a requirement for signallers, few weeks back they were looking for volunteers. However this would be voluntary and you're employer may not like that.
This has been done to death elsewhere in the forum. You VOLUNTEER for COMPULSORY mobilisation, in theory protecting your job. But there is the thorny (and as yet inconclusively answered) issue of 'did you declare to your employer that you VOLUNTEERED/inteded to do so (when going through the process of joining the T.A. whilst already in your job) for this compulsory call up, and does that then translate as you lying to your boss?

fuck you hard i'll use you as a fig 11 target and see how you like it!!
So hard you type with elbows making you post it twice.. Clever... Watch and shoot targets will fall when hit (or try to fuck blokes)

I preferred the old days in the TAVR, when it was more of a refined gentlemen's club...with guns and ANFO.

Latest Threads