Compression leggings any use?

My current exercise schedule on a weekly basis involves 2 or 3 post work 3 mile jogs and then fairly heavy going martial arts twice a week. Both of these are hard on the lower legs and recently I have been finding pain in my calves to be causing me problems. I am stepping up on my warm up and cool down routines but I have also had one or two people recommend me compression leggings as a way to help muscles recover after exercise.

Has anyone used these themselves for similar issues? Is it all a load of hokum? I would post a link to some examples but apparently every pair designed for women has to be called "Ultra slimming high waisted bottom sculpting sexy compression leg stockings" or similar.

My current exercise schedule on a weekly basis involves 2 or 3 post work 3 mile jogs and then fairly heavy going martial arts twice a week. Both of these are hard on the lower legs and recently I have been finding pain in my calves to be causing me problems. I am stepping up on my warm up and cool down routines but I have also had one or two people recommend me compression leggings as a way to help muscles recover after exercise.

Has anyone used these themselves for similar issues? Is it all a load of hokum? I would post a link to some examples but apparently every pair designed for women has to be called "Ultra slimming high waisted bottom sculpting sexy compression leg stockings" or similar.
Got a boner reading that.

I find wearing running tights in the winter helps my legs warm up quicker and stay warm in the cold weather. I’m a bloke though, so my Nike ones were just called ‘Tights for Men’ or some such.

It's probably worth trying a foam roller - feels like agony at the time but helped with stretching my calves and quads.

You can get them for a fiver and if it's not helpful just pass it on to someone you don't like as a 'present'.

I wore tights on ex in Germany hope this helps. (It wasn't cold my boss like me to)

They have a placebo effect only.

I wore tights on ex in Germany hope this helps. (It wasn't cold my boss like me to)
You too?

I wear compression shorts when cycling, yes they work for me.

BUT. Calf and lower leg pain can be an indicator of a slipped disc - no they do not slip back into place. Can I suggest that you go have a chat with your GP/Doc about your calf pain. If you are still serving go see a civvy GP to avoid the potential kerfuffle of the Army Doc lining you up for a discharge, or whatever they do nowadays.

Generally reckoned (in a few triathlon publications) a few years ago to be of little, if any, use. Didn't stop people using them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
manchesterutd Jobs (Discussion) 4
S The NAAFI Bar 53
happybonzo Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 6