Compression Clothing

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pork_Pie, Sep 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Technical description from one manufacturer

Has anybody tried compression clothing? Any views?

Doesn't appear cheap.

T-shirts for £45, if need 2 for 6 months, then 4 for 12 months, = £180 per year. Add on shorts for total cost.

Might be worthwhile for top athletes, but for the rest of us, maybe just use occasionally, or just go without?
  2. Is this the same kind of thing as "Nike Plus" or whatever those stupid grey skintight tops are called?

Seems like a load of rubbish to me and their marketing campaign basically advertises it as a placebo however I have never tried them so I don't know!

3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I bought a pair of Skins a couple of weeks ago and although comfortable, I thought they were a waste of money. I didn't notice any appreciable effect but then again, I'm not a professional runner. My mate, however, who is very fit said that he noticed his recovery time seemed shorter but I remain unconvinced!
  4. what exactly are they meant to do?
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

From the website:

Skins™ BioAcceleration Technology™ has been developed over years of scientific research. Ongoing testing of elite athletes have proven that Skins™ BioAcceleration Technology™ creates marked improvements in reducing the build-up of lactic acid immediately after periods of sustained exercise (2hrs and 15 mins up to 37% ), and allows for more rapid return to normal levels (up to 38% at 20 minutes). You experience less fatigue, minimise soreness and recover faster.

Skins™ is body-moulded compression performance equipment manufactured from the finest Lycra and Meryl Microfibre, scientifically engineered to provide support and muscle alignment to the smart-fabric covered area of your body. Skins™ will definitely change the way that you train and play as well as speed your recovery. You will feel fresher after heavy bouts of exercise and delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) will be minimised.

Black and yellow kit looks good mind!
  6. What a load of bull lol.