Components of a pipe bomb found outside nursery school

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by skid2, Nov 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Im sure there's a link........Traffic chaos all over Belfast.
    Pipe bomb bits found beside a nursey school.
    Is this the Prod paramilitaries method of decommisioning??
  2. Strange that you say that as colleagues in work this morning blamed it on the dissidents or as the Home Secretary prefers to call them Residual Terrorists groups
  3. Is there a link so we can have a bit mote information?
  4. Pipe bomb components found next to N.I nursery, ah that right it's Friday, soft play is on a Thursday.
  5. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

There's a brief note on the Belfast Telegraph site. If I knew how to hook it up I would, sorry. Strangely not a lot of info about.
  6. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Jesus, where do you work? UDA HQ..............

B and P once mooted that dumping pipebombs near kids schools was a method of loyalist decommissioning.
    I just wondered finding it hard to believe that even the most mental residual terrorist would go walking down Sandy Row or the Donegal Rd with a pipe bomb
  7. Large public sector outfit actually with people who show a disturbing ignorance of what is going on around them
  8. Here is the link to the BT, Pipe-bomb chaos for residents and drivers - Northern Ireland, Local & National -

Almost definitely groups have never really operated using pipe bombs (they don't need to) and loyalists tend to use pipe bombs as they are crude and are generally as about sophisticated as their capabilities allow.
  9. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

I wasn't being entirely serious, but when you think about it the UVF and the UDA get paid to prevent scrotes rioting at interfaces does that not make them public sector workers too. That and the stipend for being a special branch informer.........?

10. Dublin and Monaghan weren't pipebombs so I think if Loyalists wanted to make a half decent device then they could if they put the effort in. Loyalists never had a reason to blow half of Northern Ireland up, its their county they'd be blowing the economic arrse out off, if they did.
    There were devices left in St James's area of West Belfast last week, one detonated and thats being blamed on ONH. I dare say this was dissidents disrupting normalisation in Northern Ireland.
  11. Dublin and Monaghan were 36 years ago when loyalists actually had some people with bomb making skills. Over time those capabilities and the knowledge as well as skill to do it were lost for a number of reasons.

The present day morons have all the intelligence of a 'red hand luke' character. Pipe Bombs have always been their hallmark...and they have a track record of utter lunacy in regards to nurseries and schools for some odd reason;

i.e. 2003BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Loyalists linked to nursery bombs

SeptemberBBC News - Father's shock after son picks up pipe bomb

and most recently this latest incident at a nursery, which the police are blaming on 'dissident loyalists.'

And actually loyalists have never shied away from bringing the province to it's economic knees as and when pleases them - remember the drumcree roundabout blockages? or going back 36 years...the dublin and monaghan bombings coincided with the ulster workers council strikes which forced the government to back down...

Yes maybe ONH are beginning to use pipe bombs...but this wasn't them!
  12. Well if the PSNI are busy with bombs it may prevent them cracking down on the drug trade which would hit the UDA where it really hurts.
  13. Did anyone actually see the need to close the westlink though?
  14. Depends, was it within 100m of the device?
  15. Roden Street joins onto the Westlink and isn't really that long a street anyway. It joins the Westlink to the Donegall Rd if I remember right.