Compo in the news

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cdo_gunner, Aug 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Beeb has a little article about compo today...i found it quite funny.

For example.

'Extreme' combat situations eh? :roll:

I guess some journo had a deadline to meet and needed a 'story' fast.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
  2. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Well seen that Parliament is in recess and it is the 'silly season' for journos.

Look out for more interesting, informative, useful, why-did-I-not know-this-before type articles over the next couple of months.
  3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Best I bin those rats from the last century then...
  4. Today programme mentioned that pasta was being included for the first time.
    So what the feck have they been putting in with the meatballs for the past few years then? 8O
  5. The rat-packs we were issued in the Falklands in '82 were dated 1958! But they did have the BIG Rollos you can't buy now as nutty treats. :lol:
  6. What made me chuckle was the following;

"Food also has a large part to play in morale and motivation - which is why the armed forces do their level best to ensure that wherever they are in the world, British military personnel get to tuck in to Christmas lunch with all the trimmings - including crackers - although, as crackers are classed as explosives, there's a lot of paperwork that needs to travel with them."

I bet it is CrabAir that are twitchy over the crackers.
  7. Bring back Chicken Supreme. At least if you didn't like the sauce you could strain it off & make a chicken butty!
  8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

What about SCREEEECH ! then ?

Pound for pound it'll get more out of you than a course of Anabolic Steroids, with the added bonus of dayglo p!ss !

9. He fails to say anything about having equipment that works or that soldiers wont see these new rations for about 20 years, due to older varieties being phased out, cost cutting and the supplier failing to provide on time and over budget.

Or am I just bitter. :roll:

Cream of chicken patsa anyone :)
  10. Cant beat cold, out of date bacon grill, or rolled oats - best things in the old rat packs :D
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Oatmeal Blocks !

The sexiest biscuit known to man - especially in a cold, wet, miserable OP.

Why can't I get them in the shops ?
  12. 10 Man rat pack with burgers you had to slice :D mmmmm
  13. Oatmeal blocks crumbled in a dixie with re-hydrated powdered milk, sugar and bilberry flakes and heated and stirred until it thickens. Yum, Yum! Best field combat porridge in the world. :D
  14. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Splendid stuff indeed. Anyone else remember the old tubes of condensed milk and jam - delicious!
  15. Never understood why they got rid of the condensed milk in a tube - it was great