Completely stupid things you have done involving motors

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by TheIronDuke, Oct 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I know. If I buy a Sangar and stick it on the back I shall be able to haul 3 tons of shite at a time.

Four years later....

Replaced the transfer box, gearbox, all the U/J's on both prop shafts and the front diff. Actually, the entire front axle because that is cheaper than replacing the ******* front diff which costs £500 thank you Land Rover you horrible ******* *****.

I wonder if any of my chums have done anything stupid recently?
  2. Do you mean Sanskey, as in trailer?
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Put petrol in a diesel vehicle. Not quite on the same scale but pretty stupid.
  4. Going to work early one summer morning, 2 miles of empty dual carriageway - 140mph . WTF was I thinking?

Going to work?
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

No. I mean a Sangarski, el stoopido. All right? Jesus.

6. 1. Bought an FSO Polenez
    2. Bought 2 astra's cunningly disguised as one.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sold my Range Rover, for cash, to a barely out of his teens Paki from Oldham, I'm worried I have inadvertently been a contributor to the drug trade, I hope not, my moral compass would shatter.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Be fair Duke

Given your proclivity for cock trawling then 2 bill oddies in a concrete bunker and a frequently spaffed on Rad ....
  9. I ran myself over with a Talbot Samba. Working on the carb, the car was in gear. I dropped a screwdriver down the side of the engine, which shorted the starter motor. You can guess the rest.

Trying to get my Ovlov 343 to start. I was spraying Easy Start into the carb while my mate cranked the engine. The Easy Start ignited in the carb, blew back when my mate let go of the key and I got an instant eyebrow and fringe job.

I couldn't figure out why my MGF wouldn't start after a cambelt change. Much head-scratching. Timing was 180 degress out. D'OH!

Trying to weld apex panels on to a 1983 Mini while under the affluence of incohol. The Mighty Mig was turned up way to high, which blew a hole in the new apex panel, and set fire to the soundproofing inside the car.

While rebuilding a YB Cosworth I couldn't figure out how the **** to get the crank back in. Answer: wrong crank sent back from being reground. The same "engineers" sent me back a "rebuilt" turbocharger without the blades (Nissan S13)

While driving my 1600 Capri I knocked the DIY coil kill-switch under the dash with my foot. Of course the car made that BLEARRRRGH sound as there was no ignition. I just flicked the switch back and BANG! Rear silencer split from arse to tit. Mechanical fuel pumps FTB.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. This car can go round that corner at current speed. Spoken in several different cars on various corners, ditches, hedges, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bought an xr2.....followed by an xr3....then, cos i stil didnt know any better an xr4x4
  12. Let the Mrs drive it!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I still dont know why i bought it....
  14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Not telling you.
  15. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Ah the mighty Ovlov 343.....the completely stupid thing I did was to reach up and try to brush the fragments of sunroof glass out of my (hair?) after rolling mine (twice ) on the A414 near St Albans at around

It gave me the only injury I sustained in the event....some nasty scratches on my scalp.

The cop who pulled his shiny new Rover cruiser over to safeguard the scene was less than impressed when a guy in a Peugeot 205 came off the same bend 10 minutes after me - and shunted the Rover into Officer Dibble - who came to the hospital in the same ambulance as me.......oh how we all chuckled.....bloke in the Peugeot sustained a broken pelvis....Huzza for Svedisch Ingineerwing
    • Like Like x 6