Complete shock: My dad on ARRSE photo gallery!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DaPs, Jun 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I introduced my dad to ARRSE last night, seeing as he is ex army i thought it would be good and PTE.Golden(as i'm sure you all know) was too good to laugh at by myself.

Well, he had a look on the image galleries by himself and has just told me he found a picture of himself on there, i was in shock and so is he!

What are the chances of that? How strange. It is only one picture and the chances of this happening are minute, really couldn't believe it.

Here's the pic:

I am sure it is him, but i have some creeping doubts because it is abit grainy.

If anyone could contact me if you know any more details about the picture, then that'd be fantastic! Such as year, regiment etc.

2. I take it he's got altzheimers then ?
  3. As i said it's a grainy picture and it was 30 + years ago. It certainly looks like him and the beret looks the right colour etc. We just need to confirm a few things about it to make sure it is him.

He thinks it's him but it's always good to confirm it, so if you have any details, then please share.

4. How the hell can your dad spot himself, there is a Tom standing right in front of the Austin Princes!
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I think it looks like the shops on the Upper Falls Rd,( Go up the Falls to the roundabout by the bus depot,the road splits into a Y & the was an RUC station in the middle<cant remember the name>Take the right fork & up there on the right is the shops)
  6. LOL
  7. Looks like Andytown Shopfronts to me. The RUC station was RUC Andersonstown - well known at one time as the most shot at police station in the world.....................
  8. Spike, would this be in Belfast or Derry by any chance?

Does anyone know the year? Also can anyone tell what reg it is?
  9. My first impression is that it was the row of shops just past the longstone in Lisburn
  10. Looks like he's been scattering Spilsorb on the road behind him.............
  11. msr

msr LE

PM gibbo94, he posted it and he says it is 'Andersons Town'

12. Thanks MSR, that was the first thing i did earlier. The only thing is though is that he might be inactive, as he joined all the way back in 06.
  13. picture is named Jock Smyth....or am missing something!!
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Now was ye mouth out! It's LONDONDerry! :p

Actually,Andytown shops it might be.....?