Competitions

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Jul 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just about half way through this latest pair of competitions and some very interesting results:

Kill Switch - 131 people have viewed the competition, yet only 12 have had a go!

Scorched Earth, Black Snow - 80 have viewed this and although a better a better proportion have entered, still only 19 entries. :crash:

In Kill Switch those that have entered have done well with a high percentage getting all three questions correct.

Different story on Scorched Earth though - of the 19 entries, only 5 are correct in all three questions - some people jumping to conclusions. Read the question!

I will give you a wee clue though. Q2 asked why 41 Cdo never received their US Presidential Citation. I can assure you, and the one person who gave this as an answer, that it was not because the veterans were attending an underwater knife fighting course at the time! Just a small hint :)

Come on guys, let's support the site by entering these competitions. It supports the site because potential advertisers see how active the site is. Take a couple of minutes to enter and maybe even win a copy.

2. 13 and 20 now!

3. make that 14 and 21!

4. Auld-Yin

Sunday bump for those who were too busy on Saturday!

There were a few more entrants yesterday but the standard of accuracy on Scorched Earth is not greatly improved!!!

Have a go as the way things are going your chances of winning are good - if you answer all 3 questions correctly!!!!!! :)

5. done although the presidential question was a bit fruity

6. The only book I really wanted to read was Firestrike 7/9, and I didn't win. In fact, I had to pay for the ****** in the end (half way through it now)

One question of which was "what was his callsign" - in which is says on the Damien Lewis website "Grahame was the JTAC embedded with B Company, 2 Mercian Battle Group, and his JTAC call sign in Afghanistan was Fire Strike Seven Nine. " Apparently that was the wrong answer, despite it saying so on the website.

I know you agreed that you'd accept the answer, anyway, you get my point......

7. Looks like I haven't won that one then :eek:(

8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Perhaps if the questions were a tadge easier to google then folk wouldn't post incorrect ones.

Take a hint from daytime TV the Scorched Earth questions should be more like
    1. Where was the Korean war fought?
    a. Korea
    b. Manchester
    c. The moon
    2. How many letter Ks in the word "Korea"
    a.1
    b. 27
    c.136

Simple!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Auld-Yin

Thanks to Fang Farrier for a timely reminder of the brain power of the collective known as ARRSE!! :) (Says he smugly, with the answers and knowing he can't enter :) :) ) One knows that the standard of questions is just about correct when the moans start - well done Andy Salmon (author) for posing these questions. Perhaps if more people bought your books the questions would be easier to answer!! :)

Anyway, the two book competitions close this weekend so make sure you get your entry in.

KILL SWITCH is doing well and lots of people getting the correct answers - room for more though to make it a good competition.

SCORCHED EARTH, BLACK SNOW - fascinating competition, only 8 winning entries so far from the combined brains of Rum Ration and Arrse! Just goes to show how much of a 'Forgotten War' the Korean War has become.

Click on the book titles and have a go at these competitions.

10. Auld-Yin

Bump (bloody 10 digits)

11. Auld-Yin

Last chance to get your entry in for these competitions. Scorched Earth only has 8 potential winners so far, so good odds of picking up a prize if you get the answers correct!

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Gave it a go, please post my prize to my normal address.

13. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Never mind who won, unless it was me, of course, what were the correct answers!

14. Auld-Yin

Answers posted now.

15. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Where?????