COMPETITION - If Chaos Reigns

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Jul 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If Chaos Reigns is about the airborne drops and glider borne attacks on 5/6[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1944 The book has been reviewed by engr172, gaining a 5 Mr MushroomHead score. Have a read at the review.

To get your chance to win a copy of this great wee book go to the Survey Monkey entry form and complete the ‘easy’ questions correctly. Competition finishes at midday on Saturday 30[SUP]th[/SUP] July.

If chaos reigns.jpg

This is one of three competitions this month so have a look at Devil to Pay and Losing Small Wars as well.

Devil to Pay is Ross Kemp’s venture into fiction (though some may feel he has never really moved from there!) Have a go and have a chance to see what his new work is like.

Losing Small Warsis a discussion about the contention that Britain has lost the last two wars – maybe you agree, maybe you don’t – enter this competition to get the opportunity to read Frank Ledwidge’s book to see if you agree.
  2. HHH

HHH LE

Entered, this one as well.
  3. Sadly HHH you won't win this one for I have entered ;)
  4. HHH

HHH LE

The only way I wont win is "If Chaos Reigns" :nod:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wikipedia is my friend
  6. HHH

HHH LE

You're too late, I already have edited Wikipedia, to show the wrong answers!!
    So there is only going to be one winner .......ME !!!!
  7. Yeah right, good job I read signature blocks then
  8. Auld-Yin

Once again on ARRSE, it is the military questions that seems to get many people with their knickers in a twist. There were only 14 people who had all three questions correct:

The answers are:

Q1 Brig James Hill
    Q2 Operation DEADSTICK
    Q3 Major General Maxwell D Taylor

Seemples! - Google is your friend, 'cos that is where I got my questions and answers from.

Congratulations to the 14 with correct answers, I will announce the winners when the publisher has drawn them.
  9. bugger! Some of those weren't the answers google gave me!
  10. Auld-Yin

Looks like Chaos is reigning HHH !!! :)
  11. HHH

HHH LE

Yea, I know, That was just a blip (hopefully).
    Who would have thought someone would call an operation DEADSTICK (especially one about gliders) ???
  12. Auld-Yin

And the winners are:.......................

Biscuits Brown
    Joe Civvy

Congratulations, not only for being among the few to get all the questions correct (!) but for being picked by the publisher as a WINNER!

Emails on their way to you with request for name/addy
  13. Hurrah google is my friend