Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by agoodgrouping, Oct 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I keep hearing/seeing various rates of pay quoted for the Army, few of which I recognise from the soldiers "7 days and a penny" I see appearing before me.

Can I invite you to enter this competition which is to identify the lowest net monthly net pay (take home on their pay statement) for a Pte soldier based in UK (it will obviously be higher overseas) after completing their basic training:

Two categories:

A: Singlie, living in barracks eating in the cookhouse without PAYD.

B. A PAD, living in married bliss in a furnished B Type quarter (all standards/furnished conditions welcome).

It could be a spectacular result, lets seen how low we can go...

2. anyone else smell a journo?
  3. Who knows, but lets add interest to the competition:-

Anybody who served in Iraq/Afghanistan and, while there, earned less than the £7700 Cherie Blair claimed in a single month for hairdressing expenses. LINK

Anybody on less than the £10,900 per year the honorable members of the Scottish parliament get to mortgage a flat in Edinburgh at taxpayers expense? LINK

Anybody, under the rank of General, who earns more than the £117,389 that Gerry Adams received in expenses last year for not taking his seat in the Commons. LINK

I just love Gerry's entry on - Gerry has spoken in zero debates; made zero written questions attended zero percent of votes. He gets paid for this and draws a rich man's salary in expenses. A true man of the people.

4. ok, how about a Soldier Under Sentence?

they don't get paid much if I recall correctly