Competition For Best and Worst Avatars in ARRSE

I'm a bit of a Red Arrse here so forgive me for my blind enthusiasm.

I've been out of the MOD longer than I was in it, and I was in it for 24 years. F@#$ knows how I found this COmmunity, but I'm so glad I did. The banter, the wit and the humour, drier than the Sahara Desert, the deadly sharp lethal sarcasm and total lack of empathy, but total respect is just how I remember things as they were.

The amount of topics and forums available is pure genius, it is a zillion times better than Farcebook. Medals all round to the moderators and Forum owners.

But one of the things that absolutely creases me up is the choice of Avatars selected by the members, it never ceases to amaze me at the lengths of depravity and insane black humour represented by those Avatars. And the signatures, well I could spend all f'kin day reading those, but that's a story for another day.

So, to make a long story even longer, I thought your efforts deserve to be rewarded. The competition is for the best ARRSE Avatar chosen by the members. The moderators have assured me it will be a fair competition with absolutely fuckall prizes for winning.

Let the Games Commence

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Louis Edward Nolan (15H), were he still alive and I (15/19H) would share a regimental association (Light Dragoons).

One evening, whilst looking for a picture, not of me, of 15/19H peace time uniform, I stumbled across David Hemmings as Nolan in Charge of the Light Brigade.

Worked for me.

Even if Nolan is dressed incorrectly as 11H, in Cherrybum trousers.

It's my grandfather - RE territorials in the early 1920s...

2004 Nitra Slovakia when I was still young handsome and immortal.
( that was my Bumblebee for most of that spring I’m leaning on).

I was living/ working in Cairo when I signed up here and wanted an Egyptian link. The fact that I'm living in Spain now is possibly a problem though.

I was living/ working in Cairo when I signed up here and wanted an Egyptian link. The fact that I'm living in Spain now is possibly a problem though.
Life's a Bitch

Mines a 'tank '

Just sums up my time as a scaley in BAOR when I was doing my bit as a Cold War warrior with no thought of medals or reward.

Mine was a tribute and reference to those true heroes of walting, the most dedicated and determined..... The "I wasn't identified on the films but.... I was the 2nd man on the Balcony at the Iranian Embassy" walters :p

If I have to explain you’ve been living in a cave.

If I have to explain you’ve been living in a cave.
Rather than the real negatives of your avatar I like to imagine you have fallen out of your wheelchair whilst playing Para Olympic Wheelchair Rugby.

Ritch

LE
I've been told I drive like my avatar.

Mines a 'tank '
Do you write for the Daily Mail?

Oh and mine is an iconic photo of Francis Cotton covered in mud during a British Lions match in NZ.
When rugby was played by amateurs who just loved the game.

Latest Threads