COMPETITION - Bomb Hunters by Sean Rayment

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Aug 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The second book competition is for the chance to win a copy of the book by Sean Rayment on the work of the EOD guys, the dangers, stresses and courage of these people. A job I would never have the nerve to do. This is a superb book which is currently being reviewed for ARRSE; once the review is received I will put up and link in. In the meantime here are the reviews from Amazon.

For your chance to win go to the entry form on Survey Monkey and complete the answers correctly. As ever – RTFQ before answering.

BOMB HUNTERS by Sean Rayment
    Bomb Hunters.jpg

This is a brilliant opportunity to get a copy of this book and read about the exploits of the men and women whose task it is to get rid of IEDs.

The competition will run until midnight (ARRSE time) Saturday 13[SUP]th[/SUP] August.
  2. Done question 3 is hard!!!
  3. Auld-Yin

Yep, it obviously was for you ! :)
  4. HHH

HHH LE

I'm not entering this one, so someone else can win it. :)

I bought a copy a few days ago, FFS !!! :pissedoff:
  5. It's a bit unfair. I know operators who cant define a CAT A.

In the interest of fairness.

"A Category A incident refers to a situation where there is an immediate and grave threat to life or operationally essential infrastructure. EOD operations are to commence immediately, regardless of risk to the operator"

It's usually a 'name your medal' situation, unless you're me then it's a bollocking for not referring up to the CO - even though that's the SDOs job - that may sound bitter, but it's not its the story of my life/careers and I'm laughing.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Auld-Yin

Unfair! I like that - suits me :) And this coming from someone who is supposed to know the biz.

Anyway, all answers are in Google and if I can find then so can you.

This is going to be an interesting competition! :)

Bribes to be sent to me in the usual fashion.
  7. HHH

HHH LE

By the way, you are mentioned, a few times in this book.
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Thank **** for that!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I know, usually about being cut in half with my guts hanging out.

Nice of Rayment to respect my wishes and wait for the inquest.
  10. HHH

HHH LE

The Royalties were probably more important.

Did he interview you for the book, and did you get any say on what he wrote about you ?
  11. I have no such qualms and will be delighted to win (again). This would go well with my recent win on the Euro Millions Lottery from which I received the princely sum of £5.80.
  12. No and no.
  13. HHH

HHH LE

Thanks for the reply, sorry if I seem nosey or have been intrusive.
    It's just that I'm reading the book and was interested.

Thanks Again
  14. So it's stick head up arse and wait for the bang then. Can I have another go please pretty please????
  15. entered and thanks for the hint dingerr