COMPETITION - Bolt Action

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Charlie Charters, the author of Bolt Action, has kindly offered to supply prizes for a completion about Bolt Action, his new book reviewed by Udipur – see here.

There will be five prizes each consisting of 1 copy of Bolt Action and 1 x Fiji t-shirt. The reason for the Fiji t-shirt is Charlie’s connections to Fiji. He has dedicated the book to one of Fiji’s most famous soldiers Sgt Talaiasi Labalaba (look him up – it’s some story).

The competition will run to 10 October 2010 – which is the anniversary of Independence of Fiji.

PM your answer to the following question to Auld-Yin:

“What are the three crops represented on Fiji’s flag?”

Closing date: 1800 hrs 10th October 2010. Winners will be announced on (or around) Monday 11th October 2010.

The usual discussions will be entered into with losers who can’t stand being beaten J

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bump ..............

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Come on! We could do with somne more responses to make this more of a competition. Remember there are 5 prizes of a book and t-shirt to the first five lucky bribes (I mean names drawn out of the hat) .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Saturday bump - still room for more entrants.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Keep the entries coming - your chance to win a good book and t-shirt, just what you need with winter approaching!

I'm bored and haven't got anything to read at the moment, I'm between books and projects. Save me from the crap on TV pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

TPBD

Get yourself an eReader (I've got a Sony 700) and an expansion card (212 books and only 1/3 full) - download whatever grabs you and no need to go to the bookshop or be out of reading material ...

I like to hold the books in my hands and feel the pages between my fingers. Also strangely enough I like the smell of books as well. I guess I'm old fashioned that way

TPBD

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
386 views yet only a handful of entries!!! It is looking like you lot can't use Google!!

Come on, let's have a lot more entries to make this a proper competition. It is not as if the question is difficult (except maybe for the members of the Longdon Bar :) )

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I like to hold the books in my hands and feel the pages between my fingers. Also strangely enough I like the smell of books as well. I guess I'm old fashioned that way

TPBD
Weirdo....... ^^

Thanks Auld_Yin, it's nice to know you think I'm a nutter like majority of Arrse.

Joker as for being weird, it works for me :p

TPBD

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A_Y, susceptible to a fine malt me thinks :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A_Y, susceptible to a fine malt me thinks :)
Ah now, there was a day but after 40+ years of imbibing, my body has informed me that alcohol is a no-no from now on!!! Nice try though. :)

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
ah well, if you don't ask you don't get, so I'll have to drink my offered bribe on your behalf ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The Book Club 21
jash OTC and ACF 21
Iamagoldfish OTC and ACF 60