COMPETITION - Bolt Action

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Auld-Yin, Sep 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Charlie Charters, the author of Bolt Action, has kindly offered to supply prizes for a completion about Bolt Action, his new book reviewed by Udipur – see here.

There will be five prizes each consisting of 1 copy of Bolt Action and 1 x Fiji t-shirt. The reason for the Fiji t-shirt is Charlie’s connections to Fiji. He has dedicated the book to one of Fiji’s most famous soldiers Sgt Talaiasi Labalaba (look him up – it’s some story).

[​IMG]

The competition will run to 10 October 2010 – which is the anniversary of Independence of Fiji.

PM your answer to the following question to Auld-Yin:

“What are the three crops represented on Fiji’s flag?”

Closing date: 1800 hrs 10th October 2010. Winners will be announced on (or around) Monday 11th October 2010.

The usual discussions will be entered into with losers who can’t stand being beaten J

2. Auld-Yin

Bump ..............

3. Auld-Yin

Come on! We could do with somne more responses to make this more of a competition. Remember there are 5 prizes of a book and t-shirt to the first five lucky bribes (I mean names drawn out of the hat) .

4. Auld-Yin

Saturday bump - still room for more entrants.

5. Auld-Yin

Keep the entries coming - your chance to win a good book and t-shirt, just what you need with winter approaching!

6. Haven't I won yet?

TPBD

7. Auld-Yin

If you can't read the post and see that the competition ends on 10 Oct, then what is the point of winning a book? :)

8. I'm bored and haven't got anything to read at the moment, I'm between books and projects. Save me from the crap on TV pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

TPBD

9. Get yourself an eReader (I've got a Sony 700) and an expansion card (212 books and only 1/3 full) - download whatever grabs you and no need to go to the bookshop or be out of reading material ...

10. I like to hold the books in my hands and feel the pages between my fingers. Also strangely enough I like the smell of books as well. I guess I'm old fashioned that way

TPBD

11. Auld-Yin

386 views yet only a handful of entries!!! It is looking like you lot can't use Google!!

Come on, let's have a lot more entries to make this a proper competition. It is not as if the question is difficult (except maybe for the members of the Longdon Bar :) )

12. Weirdo....... ^^

13. Auld-Yin

Thats why TPBD fits in so well on Arrse :)

14. Thanks Auld_Yin, it's nice to know you think I'm a nutter like majority of Arrse.

Joker as for being weird, it works for me :p

TPBD

15. Auld-Yin

You're welcome :)