COMPETITION – The Battle of Kursk

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Aug 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

We have been offered copies of this book for a competition. This is a new study of the battle and is currently being reviewed by Jim24 – once received I will put the review up and link it. In the meantime here is the Amazon link with their reviews.

REVIEW CAN NOW BE FOUND HERE

Kursk.jpg
    KURSK by Lloyd Clark

The entry form can be found on Survey Monkey and as usual just complete the 3 simple questions for your chance to win this book about the greatest tank battle ever fought and ever likely to be fought.

The competition will close at Midnight on Saturday 3 September 2011.

In the meantime, keep a lookout for the review from Jim24.

2. done :0) :0)

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Can he be truly objective given that he planned, fought in and won the battle by himself?

4. HHH

HHH LE

I take it from this post jim24 and tropper are one and the same !

5. Mulitple choice? Auld Yin you are going soft, I much prefer to flounder and cross reference my answers, 'ere we go

6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Second prize is two copies by the way.

Why is Kursk the greatest tank battle purely on the basis of tank numbers involved? We don't assess other battles purely on the basis of infantry numbers engaged. Please explain or I'll be forced to launch another defamatory thread calling for your euthanasia.

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

thats due to all the new stuff they got hold of from the soviet archives isnt it. saw something either on tv or the net in the past few weeks about it. some guy started with a plan for one volume and it ended up as three

8. Auld-Yin

Win the book, read it, then comment. Anyway who are are you to say it wasnt? Are you really tropper, were you there?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

9. Done sits back and waits

10. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Not being a tight Scots bastard, I'll buy it if needs be.

As to the significance of the action - I'll see your Kursk and raise you the RTR at Arras - fewer numbers but greater in strategic effect. Arguably war-winning.

11. Auld-Yin

Write a book about it then and i will get it reviewed for you :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

12. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Typical Highland shyster - I've got to do all the work. Happily the RTR has the episode receipted and filed - nor were they peering down gun barrels to aim!

13. Multiple choice is too easy Auld-Yin. It took me 30 seconds to answer. Go back to the old method, it was much more fun.

14. Auld-Yin

Just wait until I put up the answers for the last 2 comps - see what people say about ease of questions then :)

15. Auld-Yin

Bloody Highlander indeed!!!!!