COMPETITION – Greatest Commanders : Bill Slim

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Sep 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

This next competition is for the book from Osprey Publications in their Greatest Commanders series and deals with probably Britain’s best General of the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] Century – Field Marshall Bill Slim.

Bill Slim.jpg

This is your chance to get a copy of this book about the great man, a review of which has been done by OldSnowy and can be found here : Bill Slim. To enter this competition all you have to do is go to the entry form and complete the three simple questions correctly along with your contact details and you will have the chance to win a copy of this book. 5 copies are up for grabs as prizes courtesy of Osprey Publications.

The competition will last until I get round to closing it sometime on Sunday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] September.

2. Done, wish me luck :)

3. Auld-Yin

Come on you lot, tax those brains yet again.

Remember RTFQ and Google is your friend! :)

4. Done. I need to win. I'm running out of new books.

5. Done....................

6. Auld-Yin

Bump - for all those who have not bothered to sign up for the ARRSE Newsletter and therefore may have missed this competition.

7. done ................................

8. Auld-Yin

This comp has been running for a week now and has a good number of entries. Still room for more though.

If you are going to take part, read the question and when you go to look at Google for the answers, just remember that wikipedia is not the most complete or accurate of sources!!! :) There are going to be a few disappointed people who read wikipedia, but did not notice the obvious gap in his early career.

Over to you lot.

p.s. Rule 1 will be in operation during this (and any other) competition! :) :)

9. Rule 1? Oh no, I was expecting rule 3.5.2.2.a to apply!

10. If I knew the answers to those questions I wouldn't need to win the ******* book!

11. Auld-Yin

Good to see that you have picked up sufficient knowledge to answer the questions Queensman, twice indeed - how did you do that as others have had tried to do that unsuccessfully? No problems with people having a few goes if you can do it.

For your information, one of your answers is, IMO, incorrect. :)

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It's ok to have more than one go then ?

13. Auld-Yin

I don't see why not, its a free competition after all.

If I said no then people could just log in using a different username (not that any ARRSER would do that though!). :)

If anyone has major issues with that please say so - with reasons.

What I will say is that people will only be able to win one prize in each competition.

14. Auld-yin. The wisdom of Solomon if I may say so...fair and above all intelligent.

The name for the draw is "Cuddles, C-U-D-D-L-E-S..."

15. Auld-Yin

Have you read the small print?

No GWARS or lovers of GWARS - It's in the rules (maybe).