compensation payouts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 166biatch, Aug 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. who the hell is pte downer of 4 med regt! what kind of muppet needs to be told to put bloody gloves on if ya cold!
    i cant believe the mod have paid him £100k for being a retard and not putting gloves on because he wasnt told to!
    and then the cheecky whitehall alzy arses want money back from the likes of cpl duncan who is a real squaddie and went to war to fight for his country.
    in the good old days pte downer woulda been kicked out for being too thick and not been paid a penny!
    let me guess, did he use his 'PC' card?
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Perchance a link?
  3. page 11 of the sun
  4. surely common sense kicks in!
    hands cold, put gloves on?
  5. It's a fecking pisss take and a complete travesty of justice and anyone that's getting NFCI's should be charged for being stupid.

And there's me that can't walk without suffering pain with a paultry payout of £6958 - It's a fecking joke.
  6. Any info if that included his legal expenses or if that was as well as?
  7. doesnt state, but knowing the MOD it prob was just for the injury. thry like to look after certain people
    i.e. not the ones that deserve it! defend ya country get fek all!
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Anyone know which firm of solicitors was behind this?
  9. Well that will be a 3rd of the RLC exempt exercises then.

Oh no wait that already happens.
  10. Is this self righteous outburst of outrage going to get anyone anywhere? I only ask as this isn't the first nor is it likely to be the last, and it still doesn't excuse bad spelling.
  11. Seems to me the rule is to not claim under AFCS but via civil claims. Clearly MoD need to adjust AFCS upward sharpish.
  12. What the fück is going on? Sorry, but this geezer was just trying it on and was probably as amazed as everybody when he clicked on "won". It sends a very bad signal out to the rest of the British Army, and in particular to those looking for a cushy number and some way to work it.

How the fück do total cünts like this ever find their way into the British Army?

13. I know this individual, it was his feet that had the cold injury (not his hands as stated). Seniors from the RSM down wanted him kicked out but it was the command ellement that were to scared to do anything so he was put in the post room (that was a vacancy filled). It was very frustrating when trying to get him to go on duty/Ex etc but he is not aloud out in temp below 15C. However, when off duty could be seen in town in flipflops. He played the game and he played it very well